Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should survivors get a penalty?

shinobu149
shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
edited September 2021 in Polls

Killers are always talked about when it comes to penalty. So what about toxic survivors when they constanlty tea-bag, body block, flashlight and other toxic things . I know there are perks to prevent some but I wanted to make a poll for ideas that I have it might not make the most sense its kinda just brain storm and could not be a great idea anyways let me know what you think.

Should survivors get a penalty? 30 votes

No perks already set for these
56%
kaeruSkeletalElite[Deleted User]oxygenLordRegalDawnMadHippieAbsoluteZer0skillAwkward_FiendsteponmeadirisDhurl421Lochnload_exeAnneBonnyPsychoTronAurelleNightmareXDGarlicRice 17 votes
Yes (explain)
3%
fitch 1 vote
For teabagging survivors get stuck and their speed is reduced
6%
DarthRevan21Amelio 2 votes
When flashlighting consitantly in a row the light flashes back at them called entities gift
13%
ElusivePukkaMattie_MayhemOGPSPUssu 4 votes
For body blocking if they are there for more than 3 second they become stiff in fear of killer presense
0%
All of above
10%
FobboRockotheawesomepugGGSlushy 3 votes
3&4
0%
5&3
0%
Other
10%
TeabaggingGhostfaceApollosR2k 3 votes

Comments

• shinobu149
    edited September 2021

So I know its all over the place but I would like to know everyone's opinion☺️

Edit: for the tea bagging they get stuck in the crouching state for a limited time.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

Toxicity is subjective and doesn't need to be punished as long as it doesn't affect actual gameplay

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    edited September 2021
    Other

Body block isn't toxic u can take it out. Body block is base mechanic and u get points from protecting people.

U can't limit flashlight cause it's also used to communicate with teammates. U can get their attention by clicking them too.

Not sure what can be make about t-baging. And i honestly think it's in on the bottom list of devs priority.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Body blocking is fine. It's helps with WGLF

Flashlights are fine. If their running around click there flashlights at you their not doing gens.

T-Bagging fine. Don't take it seriously it's to throw you off your game and if you're getting that upset about it it's working. If you're talking about the exit gates just don't go there.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Flashlights aren't toxic, they are an item in the game and have a use lmao.

Body blocking is fine as well, the game even rewards survivors for doing it, it is a mechanic.

Tbagging is a joke lmao don't take something so to heart.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    edited September 2021
    Other

Only thing that needs a penalty is for last second switching

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    When flashlighting consitantly in a row the light flashes back at them called entities gift

This option is just amusing.

• shinobu149

Im not asking for them to fix it. Also I had no idea you got points for the body block I dont play survivor much. I just thought these options would be cool as a perk I guess. I had just came out of a match a couple matches actually where they would flashlight me after breaking the pallet which they made me thinkt he went around lol then I left them alone and another survivor did it then kept looping and tea bagged every time this was just mearly out of frustration I have been irritable latley lol I ususually dont care about that stuff😅

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    All of above

It should not be punished but would be so funny and i would love to see it as a joke

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Other

No, this is really stupid. This behavior isn't "toxic" and it's not something you can really punish.

They're all mechanics that aren't used solely for BM (i.e., survivors using the teabag motions to communicate with one another) and asking for them to be changed due to hurt feelings really sounds more like a personal problem.

• shinobu149

Same lol I thought it would be funny if the tea bag one was a thing lmao 🤣 I wouldnt even down them. Idk these seem like these would be fun killer perks.

• shinobu149

You dont have to say its stupid you can put it in a better way just some perk ideas

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Bodyblocking is something I actually like to see on the killers I run StBfL on - they don't expect the recovery speed and it has absolutely immediately won me the game before. Plus starstruck, mad grit, agi, and ig all help counter bodyblocking too.

Tbagging and Flashlight clicking both cause the survivor to lose distance. Tbagging at a pallet they just threw means they effectively give you Brutal Strength when you kick it because they didn't run away immediately, same with clicking. It's amusing to me when a toxic surv at pallets gets caught completely off guard on the couple killers I run EndFury on. The combo's strong already, they just made it a completely free hit rather than a mostly free hit.