Is This Feature Eventually Returning?

Options

Around a year ago, during a PTB, a feature was tested where blood textures were applied to survivors when hit by the killer.

Is this feature returning at some point?

The Realm Beyond was intended to focus on realism if I'm not mistaken, and its rather immersion-breaking to be smacked by a deadly weapon (or doing the smacking as killer) and have no visible mark left on the survivor.

Plague and Nemesis have effects that apply textures over all cosmetics like this, so why not do this with blood?

Comments

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,307
    Options

Yea I was really excited for this too. Every dev update/PTB release since that one, I was expecting it would come back. Seems like such a no-brainer.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Wow that looks really good. What a shame they didn't implement it. This is the type of thing I'd love the devs to respond to. They tease something interesting and then we never hear about it again.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,650
    Options

Maybe its coming back.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    Options

Probably not coming back as it would overlap with the prestige costumes. The blood spatters actually help camouflage survivors in certain environs so actually hinder the killer.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465
    Options

Bring it back oh yes. But make it go away when healed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,924
    Options

T-Virus gives us Blue spatter, so why not Red when injured?

To not overlap with Prestige, make it a bright red, like fresh blood (it's a fresh injury), whereas Prestige is darker, coagulated blood. It would also not be useful as camouflage then.

• Rogue11
    Options

I don't think it's worth sacrificing a feature that should have been in the game from the start just to preserve a single set of cosmetics on each character. They could make it not apply to prestige cosmetics since they're already bloody, if it's even a problem.

The reworked prestige cosmetics that came with the survivor updates had less blood than before so they might be ok with a bit more being added throughout the match.

And most survivors already have cosmetics that are dark colored if they want to blend better. Adding some blood over my Oktoberfest Kate's bright orange dress isn't going to hide her very well. And the dark colored outfits won't be effected very much (red over black).

• Rogue11
    Options

Why make it go away when healed? Are we all running around with tide bleach pens in our pockets when playing survivor? xD