Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How can we make the hook phases more dynamic?

NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
Instead of me suggesting something, I wanna hear it from the amazing community. Go for it y'all.

Comments

• NMCKE

im not sure what you mean "more dynamic" like we throw them on the hook now how much more aerodynamic can it get

Basically how can we make the hook phases more special, more taste, and not a AKA simulator for 1 minute then mashing simulator for another minute! :)
  • NMCKE
    51uk4y said:

Which amazing community exactly? I would really love to check that out.

I'm definitely not talking about our community.

s/
  • Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96
    51uk4y said:

Which amazing community exactly? I would really love to check that out.

When you find out let us know too :+1:
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Its been suggested already and I liked the idea.
    The suggestion was remove the brainless hammering while struggling into a continous series of skillchecks that you have to hit (similarly to snaping out))

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Phase 1 = Slightly difficult skill checks. The bar will decrease slower than normal but skill checks every 3-4 seconds will keep survivors in their tows. A missed skill check will decrease the bar by 2%.

Phase 2 = Extreme skill checks. The bar will not decrease unless skill checks are missed. Skill checks happen continuously after one is hit or missed, the next one will happen immediately. Missed skill checks decrease the bar by 5% (need to miss 20). The skill checks will be as difficult as DS checks.

Note that perks can affect these skill checks, but killer powers and add-ons cannot. 
    Doctors madness will not breed impossible DS skill checks, but unnerving presence will.

This brings me into the next topic which is a rework of Monstrous Shrine.
    For hooks in the basement, The first hook phase will progress 5/7/9% faster. The second hook phase will passively decrease at .5% per second. Missed skill checks will increase the hook phase penalty by an additional 1/2/3%

For nonbasement hooks, missed skill checks will give an additional 0/1/2% penalty
  • NMCKE
    M2Fream said:
    Phase 1 = Slightly difficult skill checks. The bar will decrease slower than normal but skill checks every 3-4 seconds will keep survivors in their tows. A missed skill check will decrease the bar by 2%.

Phase 2 = Extreme skill checks. The bar will not decrease unless skill checks are missed. Skill checks happen continuously after one is hit or missed, the next one will happen immediately. Missed skill checks decrease the bar by 5% (need to miss 20). The skill checks will be as difficult as DS checks.

Note that perks can affect these skill checks, but killer powers and add-ons cannot. 
    Doctors madness will not breed impossible DS skill checks, but unnerving presence will.

For hooks in the basement, The first hook phase will progress 5/7/9% faster. The second hook phase will passively decrease at .5% per second. Missed skill checks will increase the hook phase penalty by an additional 1/2/3%

For nonbasement hooks, missed skill checks will give an additional 0/1/2% penalty
    Wow, thank you for the feedback! I have mixed feelings about there being skill checks during the first phase of sacrifice since there's no possible way to unhook yourself without missing a skill check accidentally but I most agree with you. To put it simply, your suggestion for phase two is like @Master but with more things on it. Great suggestion.
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175
    M2Fream said:

Love the suggestion, maybe hitting one the skill checks on the first hook would let you be free maybe a 1% considering the amount of skill checks there would be 
  • The_Shocky_Boi67
    The_Shocky_Boi67 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2018

Love the suggestion, maybe hitting one the skill checks on the first hook would let you be free maybe a 1% considering the amount of skill checks there would be 

I too like the suggestion and maybe after so many skill checks you have an almost impossible skill check to get yourself off the hook.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Ooooo why not have I you hit 5 skill checks without missing any you can dehook stage one
  • ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@CoolAKn said:

@Fabyoulust said:
    im not sure what you mean "more dynamic" like we throw them on the hook now how much more aerodynamic can it get

Now I am imagining a basketball star killer who dunks survivors on the hook.

"How's this for a kobe?"

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Skill checks are a stupid idea. I don't really see a need for change here.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Replace the infamous button mashing with 15-20 skillchecks, unaffected by any status effects. Each failed skillcheck will deplete your hp bar by 10%

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Skil lchecks on the hook might be nice. Especially funny if skill check perks and effects like the doctors effected them as well haha

• NMCKE

Skill checks are a stupid idea. I don't really see a need for change here.

Please provide reasoning and justification on why you disagree instead of saying "It's Stupid Idea". This is a discussion, after all.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Blueberry said:
    Skil lchecks on the hook might be nice. Especially funny if skill check perks and effects like the doctors effected them as well haha

That plus Lullaby would be a hell on Entity's realm.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Nickenzie said:
    Instead of me suggesting something, I wanna hear it from the amazing community. Go for it y'all.

For starters when you are on the hook I think a knock off version of Wii Fit should play a video of Hook aerobics that you can follow along with, you know to really work those tendons.

Secondly I think you should be able to swing while on the hook so you can try and go for the "big swing" up and over the bar. This lets you really show those other playground kiddies that your the big boy/gal on the field.

Lastly why not let the hooked survivor keep the metal portion of the "hook" as a souvenir to show their friends back home? Its not everyday you get placed on a meat hook.

• NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:

For starters when you are on the hook I think a knock off version of Wii Fit should play a video of Hook aerobics that you can follow along with, you know to really work those tendons.

Secondly I think you should be able to swing while on the hook so you can try and go for the "big swing" up and over the bar. This lets you really show those other playground kiddies that your the big boy/gal on the field.

Lastly why not let the hooked survivor keep the metal portion of the "hook" as a souvenir to show their friends back home? Its not everyday you get placed on a meat hook.

Perfect.