Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

HOLD W META EFFECTIVENESS

2»

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Gunslinger has range. 1 hit sprint boost + 1 pallet to break, look at the distance between the killer and the survivor... continuing the chase is impossible.

I suggest to injure them then leave them and go for another survivor? Because if the game is designed to be impossible, why complain in the first place?

(most of the time 5 Gens are around the edge & 2 in middle)

Example you hit a survivor and he W straight to 1 of 7 paths. Which path he goes that will not cross his team mate Gen and get disturbed? None. And you pressure 2 survivors + 1 Gen

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

killer is more bad than the survivor so, dunno maybe git gud

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited September 2021

It doesn't change that you have 0 down doing so.

So you suggest to injure and change target. Okay, the first target go heal somewhere where there is no point of interest on the map (gen already done, dead area etc...) and then comes back in.

Meanwhile you have chased another survivor that hold W in another direction.

It's funny how you can defend such a gameplay design while it's just broken. Do you even play killer at high mmr against SWF the hold W ? I don't think so.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

All other killers are not bad, they are just outplayed by the game design, nothing else. Every 5k streamers say that Hold W is concerning but you guys come here saying it's nothing. 😂

But why ? Because you are survivor mains and you like it to have it ez. Or if you don't see the problem and think killers are OP or have all they need to counter survivors, it's you who should git gud at playing survivor.

I was a survivor main for a few years and i know the power of Hold W. I even abuse it when i play survivor.

To conclude i would like to show you how pitiful you guys are. At the start of this thread you were all like, X outpace, Y outpace, Z outpace, A is ranged bullshit.

And now that we provide proofs that there is no counter play you are all like "deal with it" & "change target".

What is the word to qualify ppl like you in a professional environment ?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

If all a survivor needed to do is "hold w" for win, how come 4k and 3k wins for killer exist? What about lower ranks where that happens when less experienced survivors pretty much just do thay against less experienced killers?

If it was truely broken, the killer role would be impossible. As it happens, it's not and with regards to facing high MMR against SWF, you are forgetting all the many factors that go into the pacing of the trial, tactics used, etc.. I've been destroyed by Red Rank swf and also defeated with 4k Red Rank swf, and I can say without any shadow of a doubt that there are ways to catch up, tactics to deploy and ways of going about the pace of a game to win.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

Because unskilled survivor are waiting at pallets and try to loop, it's as simple as that. Unexperienced players never use the "Hold W". But obviously you don't play at high level to understand this.

And winning as a killer against a good SWF is impossible with almost all killers. You should check the best streamers and see them playing when they face a good SWF, they end up with a 1K.

• C3Tooth

Because you said continue chase is impossible, then why still chasing them? Since you also said they will heal and go back to Gen, then so why change target? In the end, why play killer...?

• It's funny how you can defend such a gameplay design while it's just broken.

Then tell me how should survivors play if they dont W? Loops? I think not because you will complain about how broken looping. Standing still for hitting. I guess thats the answer.

• Do you even play killer at high mmr against SWF the hold W ? I don't think so.

Im proudly say I dont play at high mmr. Because my goal is to have fun and 4k isnt my fun. I once though 4k was my fun, but it wasnt. It caused by toxic survivors asked me to sweat and I know how to avoid it.

HIGH mmr is there for a reason, its a place for sweat. You sweat, I dont.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

Then you are not allowed to talk about balance. You play at low MMR, you don't know what is the balance of this game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Unless the survivor moves left or right at the very end. Those old "new" animations would have helped with that.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

You make it sound like the map has zero obstacles or buildings.

• C3Tooth

You're telling me you have the right on not allow me taking?

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

As a Twins main hold W users don't phase me :P

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

I wouldn't be so condescending in your dismissals. Here's a grand final match where a Pig gets a 3k:

The truth is that people can win against a top tier swf, and it's not only a Nurse or Spirit which can do it. This disproves the thought that top tier killer streamers end up with 1k.

I don't know whether you're uncertain in your own beliefs which is why you respond with "obviously you don't play at high level to understand this", but it comes across as close-minded that people may actually have an alternative opinion originating from their own experience.

But you're attitude needs adjusting. I'll end my correspondance with this topic here.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

Nope, but i don't see why you come on this thread arguing about something you don't know. A game has to be balanced around high skilled players, not the bottom level.

So you play at a low or average MMR, why do you come here while you have no argument at all as you face potatoes survivors ?

It would be like a random regional soccer player going to C. Ronaldo to explain how does soccer works and how to git gud at it... Do you see how absurd it is ?

So if you have no idea of what it's like to play at high MMR when both sides are good, what is the point to talk ?

It reminds me some unfit ppl coming to me and trying to explain me how fitness works while i have a FFMI of 22 with 10% bodyfat. That was so ridiculous.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

Plot twist : everyone admits that the survivors in the tournament were not that good.

Plot twist 2 : there are perks/items limitation (1 DH/DS/SB/BT/SH)

Plot Twist 3 : killer camped & tunneled

So ye it changes totally the balance of the game. Now give all 4 survivors DH/DS/BT and it's another story.

Something else ?

Do you want 100% of camp/tunnel trials ?

The fact that you posted this video without even considering the rules of the tournament shows how delusional you are. Bad faith from you, clearly :).

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

You mean in the tournament where they'd purposely handicapped(Notice the lack of add-ons for the survivors vs the killer) the survivors to make it remotely fair?

Also 2 of the 3 kills are tamper timer RNG kills...

I don't get what your trying to prove here.

• C3Tooth
    edited September 2021

1: Did Devs say the game is balanced around high skilled players?

2: You made a mistake thinking me Im at low MMR because I cant, Im at low MMR because its my choice. To bring fun to everyone, especially new players.

3: If you think you're at level of Ronaldo equal like DBD players, you can also see how absurd it is.

4-5: Again, how do you know?

One: No slow down

Second: No bag, these matches were to clean useless addons

Third: Lowest survivors score was 15k. That requires 2 Gen with some skill check (5000), 2 safe unhook (3000), some heal (2000), some stun (3000), made some good chase and die (2000). Proved I didnt tunnel.

Fourth: 4k

Fifth: I sweat.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021
    1. yes devs said the game has to be balanced around rank 1 in the old system, so yes.
    2. old matchmaking system where potatoes were rank 1. I had almost 100% win rate at this time, nothing impressive lol
    3. never said i thought i was at the level of "Ronaldo" at Dbd, it was a metaphor to compare high skill and low skill. Do you know what a metaphor is ? Did you graduate ?
  • KrosseKrabbePizza
    KrosseKrabbePizza Member Posts: 161

How can you be seriously with this? Is this game only made for the best players? All other opinions don't matter anymore?

"hey mom look at me i am the best of all gamers and their opinions are worthless because of that"

You can't be seriously that entitled.

But if yes, let me ask you a question : how can survivor counter getting hits from killers? They can't do anything against its soooooo unfair

• JohnWeak

Nope it's not made for the best players but a game has to be balanced for high level. It's the only way.

For a survivor to counter getting hit by a killer ? it's the thread subject, Hold W.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Freddy can teleport but u can see where is gonna teleport.

Actually the only ones who can fight vs press W are billy nurse blight and spirit.The others arent able to do it effectively or not at all.

• KrosseKrabbePizza

Ok you really are serious about this. What is your expectation from the devs? Nerfing survivor speed? Nerfing pallets, better removing them? Buffing killer speed?

The thing is, yes holding Shift W is strong in such situation. Tunneling, Camping and slugging is strong for killers in many situations as well but it is a known strategy and killers will do it and sometimes abuse it.

Do you expect survivor to stand still? Because i heard many killers often cry about looping. Standing still is the last thing survs can do instead, so i assume that you want survivors to stand still. You like challenges, huh?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Grasping at straws.

lists limited ranged killers like executioner who is also highly telegraphed and only hits 10 hour potatoes in the open

Ignores the map reworks that added line of sight blockers everywhere.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

Expecting the devs to balance the game for both side to be enjoyable.

Look, they have released a SBMM system, it worked as intended at start high mmr with/against high mmr.

But you know what ? They have capped the MMR.

So now what is happening, 2 weeks later only ? You have potatoes survivors that reached the highest MMR and survivor games in soloQ start to be terrible once again.

Developpers mostly take bad design decisions, from map design to perks design, to balance design to SBMM design, anticheat design is crap. Everytime they do something, they fail it somewhere, there is nothing, absolutely nothing about what you can say : "they implemented a new feature and it's great".

• KrosseKrabbePizza

And where do we draw the line and how do we reward the better players for their nerf? Why would any survivor want to play in higher MMR when they gst punished for that.

• JohnWeak

Why do some CS GO/Valorant players go pro if it's to be punished with headshots for that ?

• KrosseKrabbePizza

So going after that logic, you are not one od the best players since its capped and you are playing against better Survivors. That would mean (after your previous logic), that your opinion is irrelevant since you are not one of the best players)??

• KrosseKrabbePizza

There is a difference between getting better opponents because you improve and getting punished by the game itself with less pallets / movement speed etc.

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264
    edited September 2021

How are you supposed to play against anti loop killers if not run and avoid looping? The complaning is weird ngl. You cant have everything your own way. You cant loop the newest killers these days, so therefor holding W and/or pre-dropping pallets is your only option.

This is simply an issue with balance and design. Blame the devs.

• C3Tooth
    1. Giving proof.
    2. So because you dropped to below 100%, you complain? (let say you're Ronaldo of DBD).
    3. Then why you brought in "random regional soccer player" talking with "Ronaldo" about soccer in the first place? Wasnt that your metaphor between me being low rank talking with you being top tier player about how game should be balance?

Beside, if you "sweat" at high mmr, you should not be there in the first place. The true rank that a player should be is they can "relax" for 2k.

I can fight toe to toe a cheetah an equal fight and have fun. You sweat to beat up a tiger, what you get in the end? Sweat more to beat a lion? Then lose and complain asking Devs to nerf the lion? What else after that? You can beat the lion then again losing to an elephant and complain some more?

Was my metaphor easy to understand?

• JohnWeak

It's called balance, not being punished. So what ? the killer has to be punished facing 20 pallets, 5 windows, DH, DS, Unbreakable at every trials ?

Best SWF wins 100% of the time against the best killer unless if the player is playing a nurse/spirit.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

Survivors are better than killer at high MMR. There is not a single killer main that is better than a good SWF.

Listen, you don't play killer aswell so leave the thread. We don't need your useless comments here as you refuse to see there is a problem and you know why ? Cause you are playing survivor and you are so bad that you think killers are OP :).

Good survivors playing together have been OP for 5 years straight, everyone know it, unless the noobs at this game.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

This post is already full of so many superficial comments that show a total lack of understanding of the game that it is not even worse reading all 3 pages or answering to any of them...

Let those rant who want to rant, discussions will not lead anywhere, no matter how good the arguments are

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

You are twisting everything as you like, you are so full of bad faith.

1. I won't provide any proof, you are just a baby DbD player, go check the dev stream of the last few years, you will see it. They also divided the stats in two parts : red rank and the rest. They have never lost time around under red rank stats.
    2. Having a 50% kill rate is not a problem. The problem is how unbalanced the game is with 4 good survivors holding W and having meta perks + items. That's all, if you don't understand this, you are totally dumb.
    3. Cause it's called a metaphor. You are a low MMR player, so why do you come here to talk about high MMR balance ? Don't you see the link with the metaphor ? You are the unskilled survivor player playing in a random low level league (MMR), coming to me, a high MMR survivor/killer for years, on how to balance the game at my level. Why do you even come on this thread if you have no idea of what is the high MMR scene ? You don't play there so GTFO or maybe do you need attention ?

Everyone sweat at high MMR, that's what you don't understand, survivors and killers. Cause at high MMR there are SWF and soloQ. SoloQ is manageable, SWF and trioQ are impossible to win against unless if you abuse camping & tunneling.

Well the point here is that hold W exist and is too much rewarding for the skill it involves. So now that we provided enough arguments and video evidences, why do you try to change the subject ?

Honestly i'm bored to talk with ppl like you that don't know to stay on a subject when they are proven wrong. Grow up kid.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

I'm closing this here since OP prefers to attack everyone who disagrees with them instead of having a proper discussion.

This discussion has been closed.