The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How would you rework luck?

Thoughts on how luck would work or how luck add ons/perks would effect the game are welcome.

Comments

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

Remove it, or make it work with more aspects of the game... Things like crows not reacting to you. Or maybe how structures and gyms chain together? Make it increase the amount of skill checks you get? A small, built in Technician?

To add, I would love for Crows to be used more in the game as well. Maybe add more perks that use crows. Maybe a killer power based on them.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Cant rework them without buff them alot. This happens with escaping Bear trap RNG that survivors no more stuck more than 6 attempts, but they still have 16% chance to escape on first try.

I have many ideas for luck, but all of them would impact the game too much.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

Luck shouldn't be based around tile spawns. Even though the pattern that they spawn in is random, it still needs to be balanced at the same time.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,915

Yes, Please make luck have an effect on Chest Rarity.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Agreed with others: let it also affect chest rarity chances. Such a simple and good change.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I'd make it have a small chance to affect all sorts of small things involving map generation and self-unhook chance. Say like, a separate 10% chance to spawn 1 extra chest, 10% chance to spawn 1 extra pallet, a 4% chance to self-unhook, and a 10 % chance to make the exit gates further apart than they otherwise would have been, which all increase by 1% per point of luck.

That being said, I'd do away with the offerings that increase personal luck, and only make luck a global stat for all players (with the exception of Slippery Meat which would solely affect an individual's unhook chance). I'd make a single offering for survivors that increase luck by 2 points per offering, and a single offering for killer that decreases luck by 4 points.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I'd remove it and change the addons and perks to something better

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Id make luck affect;

* Distance from killer at start of trial

* Slightly increased chance of Kobe

* Better chance of rarer items in box

Absolutely not a priority improvement though. Keys and Fog (lack of) should be well ahead of Luck