Nobody has escaped the last 6 games that I have played.

I'm trying to introduce my friend to this game, he likes it but we're at a crossroads. For a while we could play and escape sometimes. Recently every time we get on we get killed and our teammates do too. 2 escapes and 2 kills isn't happening. I love playing this game when it works properly, and I hate that in each post I complain. But man, BHVR really is doing what they can to ruin this game.

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

this is weird because I've been escaping way more than I used too.

• Bluebird
    Bluebird Member Posts: 297

It's a severe 50/50. Sometimes, you'll match with your friends' MMR (probably pretty low), sometimes you'll match with your MMR (probably high). Either that or because your friend played with you, it boosted his MMR drastically.

There also is the chance that Killers are playing EXTREMELY 'sweaty', giving no [BAD WORD], and just slaughtering Survivors (which given how MMR's turned out, I would too).

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I am not sure exactly how SBMM works with SWFs or how good you are as a survivor, BUT....

If you are trying to introduce friends to the game - I think it makes more sense to use an alt account than your main one. Your main one will definitely have a higher SBMM than a fresh one. So it would be like 2 new/newer players. It's the same as how Red ranks used to introduce their friends to the game and they would face purple/red ranks and get stomped.

Just my thoughts.

• imguadalupe
    imguadalupe Member Posts: 22

Yeah you're probably right just sucks I have to smurf just to teach my friend the ropes. Oh well.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Maybe it's time to git gud no matter how salty it sounds? In my soio experience we mostly escape so i can't even figure how u can't

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570
    edited September 2021

I think the MMR takes into account the difference between the team members in a SWF. The other day I invited a friend who plays killer like 95% of the time to join me and another friend (he hates playing survivor and is not very good at it (can't loop for his life)). My other friend and me definitely have a WAY higher MMR than him. We stomped all the 3 killers we got (even my friend who only plays killer escaped 2 out of those 3 games). That kind of stomping never happens when I queue solo or duo with someone with a similar skill lvl of mine.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I honestly bought this game on steam and just started playing on computer, to see how MM works. And it has been horrible, I am matched with people with hundreds of hours and I can't even use the controls. I am horrible on Keyboard and Mouse as I have 0 experience.

Which is a struggle in itself, knowing the game, but not the controls is quite frustrating.

However, I assumed this was going to help Noobs avoid these situations and it doesn't seem to true.

I was a fan of SBMM at the beginning, but I have not felt the same since it's release.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

It’s a simple fact that either the survivors are outplaying the killer as a team, or they aren’t. I would think most matches end with all four escaping or all four dying. Perhaps three in either case with an end game camp or hatch escape.

I don’t see how the devs can try to balance around this two kills, two deaths idea. Plus, how many achievements and challenges are predicated on all escaping or dying?

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

Did it all happen in a row? Some days are just like that. Two days ago I played 11 rounds in a row and everyone died, sometimes really fast. Yesterday I got lucky and almost everyone escaped every time. It might just be a temporary slump.