Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Attn Survivors: Camping and tunneling =/= baby killer

This public service announcement is brought to you by your local killer main.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I am a baby killer though. So, well, at least they get it right some of the time.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Goo goo ga ga?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited September 2021

That's an interesting take but let's imagine the following:

The killer plays fair for the whole match gets some distributed hooks and boom endgame but no one dead. Now the killer opts to tunnel an injured survivor out and camp them for the kill. The other three come in and save with BT, block the killer after the BT hit and survivor has still the DS/UB combo since there was no tunneling or slugging up until this point. Doors are normally 99% or open at this point normally.

Now tell what a killer in general is supposed to do in this circumstances which aren't rare given the killer would play fair and distribute his hookings and survivor run preemptively meta perks?

If the killer only opts to camp/tunnel/slug at that point then they might as well go afk.

Not that any of that concerns me since I don't even try anything more than aiming for 2 hooks each and 4 escape in general.

• KillerMain4Ever
    KillerMain4Ever Member Posts: 147

Gonna go tunnel trap people pinhead now with thrill and the blind perk to torment people

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

Camping or tunneling doesn't inmediately means you are a bad killer. Even top tier killers do it sometimes because its necessary.

If the game is going fast you need to remove a player asap from the game. It's survivors job to exchange hook for the sake of the team.

About camping...if you camp in the first hook you're probably new or just playing bubba. Good survivors can just do 5 gens in 3 minutes and get out while he is camping. But camping sometimes is logic and necessary, like when there is no gens anymore and the doors are 99%.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Of course there are exceptions, that is why I said it depends on the situation.

I am specifically talking about those killers who opt to Camp and Tunnel and only use that as their strategy. This means they never bothered to engage in a chase (other than focusing on the same survivor), did not kick a single generator as a sign of In your example they aren't doing that, and if it is endgame, at that point anything goes. There is nothing else for the killer to pressure really.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Sounds like a player who is out of his league, I wouldn't call them baby killers but they obviously aren't good enough to pressure the people they're facing when they get in that situation and have to resort to that, which I'm not gonna complain about because it's totally within the rules for them to do so, but let's not pretend that playstyle is skillful

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Or you know bad Player that made wrong decision to chase one Player most of game when they knew they won't be able to make it what you do after that is covering your mistakes not adapting strategy to circumstances

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Covering for your mistakes by changing your strategy is a form of adaptation.

Are you saying someone who made a mistake and is about to lose should keep playing in the same way and just lose? How does that make them a better player than someone who changes their strategy after realizing their mistake and wins?

• justbecause

I'm not gonna argue with you they are bad players it's their fault and their mistake and their lack of skills own up to it and lose like a man next time you'll realize your mistakes instead turning on puss* mode and covering it up and this is a fact ppl tend to ignore their mistakes and blame others and say "well I had to camp" no you didn't u lost right there when u decided to chase single person whole match

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224
    edited September 2021

I think a baby killer is someone who takes a one-size-fits-all approach to strategy regardless of the map or situation. Someone who is adamant about not tunneling or camping is just as much of a baby as a killer who tunnels and camps regardless of context. You have to at least proxy with low mobility killers on maps like Sanctum, Suffo Pit, or Azarov's to beat good players. You're straight up throwing the game if you cross those maps.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

You can make whatever type of reasoning you want but the fact of the matter boils down to two things and two things only , either A: You're a low tier killer who is unable to apply enough pressure to stop genrush by design, or B: You're not as good as the people you're against and have to resort to those tactics just to keep up pressure instead of doing it normally. Im not saying Its wrong to do that by any means but the only time people play like that is when they feel helpless and are getting outplayed to begin with

• Orion

...But they are realizing their mistake, which is why they changed strategies. "Losing like a man" doesn't mean you make one mistake and then immediately surrender without even trying anything else.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

The mental gymnastics in this thread would put the Japan 2021 Olympics to shame.

• justbecause

Yeah it is if you made mistakes and it's nobody's fault but your own than own up to it nobody forced them to chase one person you're clearly seeing only one side which is killer side that survivor who gets face camped is punished for the mistakes killer made while they did good but it's dbd I'm not surprised poor plays gets rewarded and good ones punished

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Not fully true, most killers now (because of streamers and youtubers) think that tunneling and camping is the only way to win, and will do so every match thinking it is the only way. It is not, that streamer or youtuber has to because they are going after strong good survivors where tunneling someone once might be necessary. You camping your first hook after losing 2 gens is you showing you don't know how to pressure or change chases lmao. Stop relying on always camping and tunneling because you don't know how to play a 1v4.

This public service announcement is brought to you by your local killer main for 4 years.

• Orion

The survivor isn't being punished, the killer is taking responsibility for their mistake and changing tactics. The survivor's death is the killer's goal.

• justbecause

Yes the survivor is being punished because of killers lack of skills does survivor gets rewarded when they do mistake in looping? No they go down and die...

I have played this game for 3 years both roles and I'm yet to see good killer camping outside endgame (I don't count endgame camping because that's only thing they can do at end and it's justified)

You can't tell me good killer will willingly let gens fly like crazy and chase one person whole match that's called being bad player

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021

This post smells like a salty survivor main trying to make their opinion sound valid by opening with "from a killer main.

• Orion

How would that make sense? OP is saying that just because a killer camps/tunnels doesn't make them a "baby killer".

• justbecause

If for you they are good players nobody stops u from thinking that

In my book they are the absolute worst

Kind of players that lack of skills and play badly and than cover up their mistakes by scummy plays and gets rewarded by it and as I already said all players I encountered that are like this are truly bad at their role and that's fine because they will learn once ofc unless they keep being like that and rely on camping

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

okay, I miss understood the meaning of =/=. I thought that was a smiley face.

• justbecause

Good Player will pressure gens, will not go against same survivor for too much time and certainly won't camp and give them time to finish all gens and escape that's what good Player is

But oh well keep turning my words upside down so you can turn them into your favor never did i ever said what you just implied i said first off good Player won't lose because they have right technique and no room left for mistakes even if they get 2 kills that's what balance was always for and most likely they will pip too getting 1k with camping is still a loss, depip and cheap play

But I'm tired of repeating myself so I guess you do you and I'll do me

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

If survivors feed into it, it's a solid strategy regardless of the killer's skill level.

• Orion

I mean, that is what you're saying, that a good player will just let himself lose if he makes a mistake, whereas a bad player will change tactics to win.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

well as we all know there is not a killer who doesn't tunnel/camp to an extent. killers do what they gotta do.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I play by a 2 gen rule.

Once there's only 2 gens left anything goes as a killer 4 survivors and 1 gens is a sweatfest and most the time a lose. Now if 3 gens go in a minute and a half well I now have to match the same pace as the survivors.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I will never agree that camping and tunnelling are legitimate strategies to win, but ultimately everyone is free to play however they wish and I'm no one to tell you what's right and what's wrong.

I just hope they eventually get teams that demolish them so they get a taste of what it feels like to ruin the gameplay of other players.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Survivors just call killers who do things they don't like bad, because they don't want to admit that they are bad themselves.

It's funny when survivors cry the killer camped or tunneled and that they are bad, but the scoreboard shows all 4 survivors died.

• justbecause

1 kill by camping is no win, 3 escapes, depip aren't win Whereas good Player will pip and get at least 2 kills I don't understand where did you pulled out from that they will lose? Because they don't chase one person whole game? Actually patrol gens? Doesn't camp and has a lot more time for new downs? Well interesting

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

The survivors also being bad doesn't negate the lack of skill in the killer. Both sides are pretty explicitly bad in that scenario.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I rarely see survivors who complain about tunneling and camping actually have a point. It's just people looking for an excuse why they lost.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

That definitely happens, to be sure - I wouldn't dream of saying another's experience there isn't representative of some toxic, low-skilled players on the survivor's side self-justifying. Thing is, I'm a killer main: I'm saying, when I do play survivor, I see a lot of people legitimately camping with no cause, I see a lot of people going for tunnels when there's easier or more advantageous prey, and I see a lot of killers shooting themselves in the foot with those "legitimate" tactics.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Love how people are trying to give context to a topic the OP never did.

Not all Camping and Tunneling is the same. In certain circumstances Camping/Tunneling is a strat, in others is just the player opting for the easiest thing to do, even though they will still lose because they couldn’t even do that part right. In which case that is the result of someone being a bad player, just because some survivors want to be mean about it doesn’t make it any less true.

• Orion
    edited September 2021

We're not talking about that.

In the scenario where a player made a mistake (which everyone does, because nobody is perfect), you think the good player will just "accept it" and lose without even attempting to switch tactics to compensate for the mistake, whereas the bad player will actually switch tactics to adapt and win.

This is what we're talking about.

• justbecause

So you think covering your mistake by camping means you achieved something? Oh plss and a fat cat will catch a mouse if he ain't moving same thing about camping it's a cheap move keep trying if u lose it's ur fault ur mistakes has consequences and you can either own up to them and keep trying or you can stand still and play starring contest and see who blinks first

• justbecause

Also you have your point of view and that's alright no need for further discussion here

• Orion

So you think covering your mistake by camping means you achieved something?

You first. Do you think a good player is the one who doesn't try to make up for his mistakes and just lets himself lose whenever he screws up?

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother Member Posts: 149

Why would you limit yourself as a killer to some arbitrary rules made up by sore loser survivors? Higher skilled survivors can't be beaten on a lot of maps with 90% of the killers. Why are you trying to make up more rules to handicap them even more? Just take your loss and accept you were outplayed.

• justbecause
    edited September 2021

Good Player will indeed try to make up for his mistakes and it ain't camping

That's like saying like good player use dead hard to cover up his mistakes in looping no they ain't good survivor they just pressed E to outplay killer same thing with camping stand still for the win