The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pinhead chains

JohnWeak
JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

######### is wrong BHVR ? In loops where there are "high" pile of object, all the chains are breaking in 1 seconds thanks to the wall.

What is the point to give a killer a power that is totally useless on some maps ?

First, it's not that easy to hit with them and when you do, they break instantly if the survivor is in a loop.

That's bullshit. I dunno how a devs team can validate such a thing, do you guys even play your own game to test and see what is happening ?

All indoor maps = useless

All farm maps = useless

Inside jungle gym = useless

Walls and objects should not affect the chains at all.

It's unbelievable that at short range, you can chain a survivor 3 times without being able to hit once as he/she will be able to free him/herself in less than 1 second if walls are around.

I have had some chases where i chain the survivor 6 times without being able to give one ######### single hit as the chains NEVER slow her down, NEVER and everytime i lost time while casting and she was then able to reach a new pallet or window.

Using chains is a loose/loose in some maps, Pinhead becoming a pure M1 without any power killer in this configuration.

https://youtu.be/ZlfGLDtUB3k?t=768 : why does the second chain breaks so fast ?

https://youtu.be/ZlfGLDtUB3k?t=535 : instant breaks

https://youtu.be/ZlfGLDtUB3k?t=504 : look at the distance where he chains the target, he is near and still can't reach her, chains break immediately, what is the point ?

3/4 of the time, it's purely useless to use the chains as the time spent standing still negates most if not all of the distance you'd gain from slowing them down before the chains break.

Post edited by JohnWeak on

Comments

• wayneradiotv
    wayneradiotv Member Posts: 26

There have been a ton of threads about Pinhead needing significant changes, and this point is echoed throughout them: the chains need CONSISTENCY, BHVR. I have pretty much given up on playing Pinhead because of this problem. The chains SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED BY WALLS, WHATSOEVER. To any survivor player that says "oh but then there's no counterplay" no, the counterplay is DODGING the possessed chain! Which is incredibly easy to do!

The most insane part about this problem is how difficult it is to land possessed chains at a distance OR at point blank range. Chain coming at you from a distance? Change direction, wait a moment, then do it again. The turn rate of the possessed chain cannot account for a fake out like this 9 out of 10 times. Did a gateway spawn right next to you? Do the same thing, OR run under it making it almost impossible for Pinhead to track you, or just make the chains flat out miss. It's not impossible to land a chain but the fact that there's more than a FIFTY percent chance that landing your very tricky skillshot, one of the hardest in the game, gives you literally NOTHING makes this killer worse than garbage. All you have to do, BHVR, is remove the wall interaction. Or, hey, wanna buff him even more? Maybe make them actually function like chains? If they touch an object, they could get caught on said object/wall/corner and prevent movement even further rather than just snapping like they're made of ######### twigs.

I am so genuinely disappointed we aren't get any changes for Pinhead in this mid-chapter. First it was the voiceline removal, and now he is showing to be the most non-functional killer they've added in ages. I have never had more buyer's remorse for a killer with how much time I've tried to invest in him. please fix him!

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Devs are not good at the game, i mean they don't play at a high level so the fact that they don't know how powerful a killer is at start is ok but when the whole community, with the most well known streamers, have ALL the same mind about a killer, why don't they listen ?

It's impossible to understand for me.