Thank you, devs

I’m sure there will be a lot of criticisms, so I just wanted to point out the stuff that is really good about this update:

• Plague buffs! Nothing super strong but some nice QoL changes that will make her feel better and less frustrating to play.
  • Windows of Opportunity losing its cooldown - this is great and was very much needed.
  • Any Means Necessary getting built-in dropped pallet aura reading is a really nice change, too.
  • Key nerfs! We’ve been waiting for a long time but I think this change is perfect. Helps killers not get screwed by bad luck, helps solo survivors not get screwed by bad luck, and now survivors can actually use keys for challenges and not get camped to death for it.
  • And the hatch only spawning when one survivor is left will hopefully cut down on survivors creeping around waiting for their teammate to die when there are only two left, and will also stop people dcing to give their friend hatch, two issues that have been a pain in the butts of killers for a while.

I’m very pleased about this update, and even more excited to see the add on changes now. Thank you.

Comments

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

I think as a killer main, who really hate keys and tunneled everyone who bring a key to the lobby this is a bad "solution". Especially with the hatch part. Now hatchgame at the end will be pure luck. So the killer no matter how good can loose the 4th survivor. And trust me, this will just make killers to slug and sweat at the end. It will be not funny for the survivors.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I mean, to be fair a lot of this midchapter patch does look fantastic. But like... those Deathslinger changes. The hell are they thinking? Actually I know what they're thinking... they're getting rid of the frustrating aspects of facing him in the most hamfisted way possible without giving him enough compensation for it.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

That’s a fair point. Though tons of killers already slug for the 4K in my experience, so I’m not sure it will change that much tbh. I suppose this gives more incentive to bring “spawn hatch at X” offerings as killer now.

Mainly I’m glad that dcing for hatch is no longer a guaranteed escape, and that solo teammates taking in keys and stealthing for a solo key escape will be much less likely to succeed.

• xenotimebong

I think removing quickscoping and the stupid ‘ADS over and over for an easy hit’ thing is honestly a fair change.

I’m not sure they needed to nerf both his gun AND his terror radius. One or the other would have been enough, I do agree that nerfing both and giving him nothing back is a bit too harsh. Especially since I don’t think he’s one of the killers whose add ons are getting touched, are they?

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited September 2021

They did have some fair changes, not all of them were good though and most were pretty neutral honestly.

Post edited by Bran on
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Wait, as far as I can tell, nothing will even really change with the hatch endgame? Or am I missing something? Killers that want the 4k so bad are already slugging for that 4K anyways.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I'm actually a bit worried about WOO to be honest... In some maps against some killers it will mean running the killer forever. I thought it was already a good perk as it was, maybe reduce the cooldown but remove it entirely seems overkill to me.

• ad19970

I agree, this update looks very promising.

The only thing I am a bit disappointed about is that there aren't more meaningful perk buffs, particularly on the killer side, in my opinion. I was so hoping for Surge to lose the basic attack condition, seeing as many other perks are losing it as well.

That and I really want the AI of Nemesis Zombies to be fixed and perhaps improved. His map pressure is the only thing still lacking with him.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

They slug only if they did not know were the hatch is. Now they are sure to slug for the 4k.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I don't agree. He should have kept quick scoping because tbh, one of the biggest reasons I do play Slinger and I don't play Huntress is because Deathslinger still functions on Hawkins, Lery's, and RPD. I have no desire to play killers where randomly pulling a particular map means I have zero fun. Having a longer unscope animation to get rid of free zoning by spam clicking M2 would probably have been fine.

He wasn't on the list of Killers getting addons looked at in part 1, so probably not.

• xenotimebong

Yeah, killer perk buffs were a bit thin on the ground. Though they’re buffing 13 perks in total in this mid-chapter. Considering how many perks there are in the game now that isn’t a huge number, but it’s a bigger number than we’ve had for a while, and if they start to tweak perks the same way every mid-chapter I think that can only be a good thing.

I think most of the add on changes will be buffs, too, with some nerfs here and there, so I’m looking forward to that. Maybe they’re planning more killer perk buffs once they see how the add on changes affect things.

• xenotimebong

I think WoO will be fine. It’s a good perk but it doesn’t help you against killer powers, it doesn’t save you from mindgames, and it doesn’t do anything if the pallets have already been broken. It can prevent errors like running past a hidden pallet or thinking a window is on the wrong wall, but it’s nowhere near the meta leagues.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

This "already slugging nothing will change" is a really dumb argument... Yeah, some people already slug. But many dont. Many others know where is the hatch, and can manage to still deny the last survivor. But now it is gone. Now you forced to slug if you want a perfect game, or do not want to let blind luck deicide instead of your skill.

When the ruin got changed what did we killers said? This will make killers camp and tunnel more. Then people said "already camping blablabla". And what did happened? Tunnel become more regular to remove at least 1 person before 2-3 gens. Most of my survivor main friends would be glad with the old ruin, 'couse it would make many killer to tunnel less, since they know they have time for chases.

• ad19970

If they can keep these perk buffs up from now on, that would be amazing. I still fear that they are too careful with some of the perk buffs, but at the same time it's understandable, only one broken perk can mess the entire game up. I am very excited for the buffed Retribution, Blood Favor, Babysitter and Built to Last though. And some of the other buffed perks might also be pretty good now.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I would prefer only the key holder to escape instead of taking 2 or 3 friends with them.

I think it is a perfect solution.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

At the moment lets say there is 1 gen left and 2 survivors. 1 of which is 2nd stage hook. Currently the killer has a choice, leave the hook allowing a save but search for the hatch so they know where it will be for later or camp the hook and hope the teammate reveals themselves, fair. Now the hatch will not have spawned in the only thing for he killer to do camp the hook, as there is no incentive to leave because either the survivor will come to the hook. Or if they choose to wait out out their teammate, it will be entirely down to luck who the hatch opens closest too. this result in more camping, more waiting out of teammates as keys will be a very selfish item. I support keys being nerfed, but not this.