We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Current state of Cheaters and DBD

Firstly, if anything below is incorrect please let me know and I can correct it

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope we can get this to the attention of someone who works on DBD weather this be a community manager or a dev. If we can manage this hopefully, we can get some real answers to what I see as being one of the biggest issues currently on the game. Make sure you all up vote so they can see!

Most issues I see people complaining about is bugs within DBD. Now I am not going to slate them for bugs as bugs do occur, and with the current state of the game (constant new content to keep the game a little fresh), it is expected. These will be fixed we just need to be patient.

My biggest concern now is with hackers in the game. Now games have hackers. It has become a fact with today’s society if a game has a competitive aspect there will be someone who does not want to have skill they will load a program which will give them skill AKA script kiddies.

What I would like to see from the devs is an acknowledgement of cheaters/hackers in the game and their plan on tackling them and responses to reports as currently we get no notification and we never know if they have been banned. When I see people play against this whether it be Streaming or a video on YouTube they generally have the same comment, “There is no point in reporting as nothing will happen”.

This is not only providing a bad look on the game but also on the developers which I doubt this is how they want it to come across. This isn’t helped with the fact salty players will reports for stupid reasons like a particular play style. but a simple response back to the player reporting in game when they next load up the game stating that a player they reported has now been banned would put confidence back into the system re-enforcing the use of the report system

From what I have experienced personally, I have seen survivors being able to

• Instant heal themselves / others
  • being able to no clip / Fly
  • speed increase
  • Increase duration of killer stun intervals.
  • gain perk last standing which is not possible to standard players
  • unlimited flashlights / able to spawn new ones in
  • able to struggle while the killer is carrying them to the extent the killer can’t even move to a hook
  • Able to put themselves into a hooked / unhooked state constantly to taunt the killer.

From what I have seen other people also experience

• Flashlights able to cover the entire map and blind the killer if facing the right way.
  • Reconfiguring the map on some occasions but I think this was in an older version.

Killers are also hacking but luckily, they do not have so much to do.

• Killer can no clip / fly also while carrying survivor.
  • Able to use another killer’s ability (IE ghost face able to use hunter axe throw.)
  • Cool down on second action does not exist.

There is also likely that these cheaters are using ESP (ability to highlight players/ killers and objects (Gens, totems, dropped items, chests etc.)). This type of cheat is harder to detect especially in this type of genre of a game.

The rest of the issues does seem like it can be fixed from a dev standpoint. i.e.

• Survivor has perk last stand equipped > BAN
  • Survivor is running faster than X > BAN
  • Survivor provides healing amount faster than X > Ban
  • Killer = X but ability doesn't equal X > Ban

This is obviously a very quick an crude way to put it but these sorts of stats should be obtainable from the game and issue a ban to the player.

Most cheats I see is likely happening by the cheat altering some set values within the game, which should be possible to pick up on and diagnose further.

DBD can track so much for challenge, why not also track for cheaters?

That is all I have to say and I hope that these issues can be fixed before it starts to effect the player base. I have been playing DBD for 5 years with some breaks in between. I love this game and do not want the situation to come where someone using a program because they are not good at the game ruin it for the rest of us.

Comments