Thoughts on the changes to the hatch

BBQ
BBQ Applicant Posts: 39

I feel like this will be an indirect buff to ‘Left Behind’, at least for solo survivors. This perk doesn’t have a lot of value currently, as the killer can find the hatch before it opens.

If the hatch no longer spawns if there’s more than one survivor left, the hatch will only spawn open. Gone will be the days where the killer hooks and sacrifices the second last survivor, walks over to the hatch, and closes it the second it’s opened.

I feel that this will make hatch escapes far more common, and prolong stand offs where there are 2 hiding survivors left that got trapped by a bad 3 or 4 gen. I can see a lot more slugging of the second last survivor found as the killer loses a lot of control over the hatch. This won’t affect all killers, as some don’t slug to find the hatch or the last survivor, but a lot do.

Just my thoughts on these changes. Anyone else feel similar about this?

Comments

• BBQ
    BBQ Applicant Posts: 39

no more getting left on hook by the survivor that did nothing the whole game but found hatch while I'm on hook.

This is where I will bring up 'Left Behind', as I feel this perk will gain a lot of value with these changes.

The survivor might not be sitting at the hatch waiting for you to be sacrificed, but they still may decide to leave you for dead to get the hatch to spawn (opened) and find it.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Let's be real, this helped with the key issue.

But is also just boosted the slugging the 3rd and looking for the 4th strategy.

One obnoxious thing nerfed (Keys), one obnoxious thing buffed. (slugging for 4K)

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited September 2021

Almost every killer does this anyway, I don't think much will change on that front

Overall, this is an excellent and much needed change

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited September 2021

Some would go ahead and kill the 3rd player if they found the hatch since they could just rush to it and close it. Now there will be even more that refuse to kill the 3rd person till they have #4 downed as well.

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193

I predict a rise in hatch offerings in solo q.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,569

🎉

That is all.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I like this change so much that i think i won't bother slugging for the 4K anymore, I'm happpy to let the luck decide wether he escapes or not.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

Some, sure. I can only speak for my own experience of course, but that was rare to begin with, though.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141
    edited September 2021

Last time I played the game I was playing survivor, and my matches often had a similar theme. One in particular, there were three survivors left. I was working on a gen and the other two were over in the same area with one of them on the hook. The third survivor didn't rescue the one on the hook, and after I finished the gen (and the killer came straight to me for it), I ran towards that last crouching survivor (who had birds, mind you) to discover he was camping the hatch. Three survivors had still been alive, and he had been camping the hatch. I was hooked two feet away from him and the killer just... went away. And he didn't save me. (Thankfully, he didn't get his hatch escape, as the killer did return to close it.)

[BAD WORD] the hatch. Fewer survivors will be able to camp it before the match is even lost making sure the killer gets at least a 3k.

And the last two or three survivors won't be able to stop all work on gens and stealth around the map searching for the hatch because one has a key. DCing to give the last survivor the hatch will be less viable because it won't be so damn easy to find before it's open. And survivors won't have teammates keying out and abandoning them.

Good. Now the devs just need to fix the problem of the hatch being physically on the map with collision but invisible before opening.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

The only change I like about it is the 3 man escaping with a key issue. That's gone and thank goodness.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

That’s probably gonna be happening now along with keys until mid chapter goes live.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 346

Although I agree with you I also think this is gonna make "pre endgame" (for lack of a better word) wayyyy more boring than it was. I've seen the "endgame chase" idea posted here multiple times and I think that would fix 100% this issue. I want to survive because I was the most deserving survivor, not because I managed to hide a bit better than the other dude or because I got lucky and beat the killer to the hatch. And as killer, I don't wanna have to slug for the 4 man every single game or take the L and give them a chance to just escape randomly, especially given that killers usually have one chance at everything, while survivors constantly get multiple (couldn't finish gens? get hatch! killer got the hatch? You can still get an exit gate! can't get exit gates? use a key!)

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I don't care that much personally. I've gotten three of them and the last one is almost like a bonus to me at this point. Cant be bothered to do hatch stand offs or slug for the 4k. I find them or hatch first or I don't. They already know I've won at that point they just get a lucky escape and without they'd be entity fodder

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229

FINALLY

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

People who don't slug for the 4k aren't going to be more incentivizes to do so. People who do slug already slug.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

I think this'll make late game less stressful for a lot of killers. There'll still be people who sweat, but it's not gonna be out of some perceived in-game necessity due to the possibility of 1 to 4 people magically disappearing rather than normal participation.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

If anything I think it would make killers less likely to slug since they can't look for the hatch. Plenty of times you could slug a survivor, find the hatch, hook that survivor and then run back to the hatch before it opened. Now it's totally random so some people might not think it's worth waiting potentially 4 whole minutes to secure 1 extra kill