After the Key + Hatch change will you not care as much about them?

Options

As it currently stands, seeing a key in the lobby is enough to make killers upset and even some survivors (When I'm playing solo queue and see someone with a key I brace myself for the killer to go all out unfun to punish the key bearer).

After this upcoming change, will you (Namely killers) not care as much? I've always wanted to use them for their aura read capabilities and am hoping that maybe that can finally be a possibility now with their hatch power being significantly reduced.

Comments

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

On a bad day I did care before since they were pain to play against but now, I'll be completely fine to see 4 keys in a lobby and even say, better then any other item. Feel free to take that 1 escape if you want it.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

Why upset? Tunnel and face camp key user or another player in the lobby, i don't think much will change. Despite i rly enjoy interesting games but when it comes to swf teams and key abusers game is not fun at all so i either stay afk and let them go, or tunnel one guys away.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    Options

Personally I won't hate new key users. Keys are bs not because they allow you to see the killer's aura, but because they are abused by swfs to get ez escapes. Aura reading is strong, but there is a lot of other strong items, so no reason to be picky.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222
    Options

Nope.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I'm mostly happy with it but I'm a bit worried about the opening time. It's says a few seconds but how much is a few? 3 secs? 5 secs?

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Same. I'm hoping it's nothing outrageous because at this point they're kind of nerfing the Hatch + Key interaction into the ground lol I doubt it'll be a long interaction time though.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

No, and like Kebek said if I see 4 keys in a lobby than that survivor can have their escape. As a survivor I’m gonna start using keys more for their aura reading add ons.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I think at first, people might be OK with them, but I don't see the aggro toward keys lessening.

I'm just glad I finished the really crappy hatch challenges prior to this update because I needed some help from friends to achieve them. Not looking forward to any future ones.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options
  • Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

Keys out? Mori's out. That's my rule. If i see a key ill do my best to make sure the person that brings it wont benefit from it.

It's taken them to long to fix it. So i fix it myself.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

Im excited, gone are the days of having to stress over a potential gen rush then a 3 man escape before their objective is done. What I am worried about is now survivors running keys every game up untill the patch goes live.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683
    Options

Only times I've really acted like a straight up ass when a key is brought is when a survivor does that last second switch to one in the lobby. If I see that, I'm tunneling and camping them. I will literally throw the game and even open the exit gates for the other survivors just as long as I get to kill that one survivor.

But now with these new changes to keys, I don't think I'd have a reason to do that anymore. No use acting like that if the hatch is only ever gonna open for just 1E regardless on if I play right or not.

• mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Options

I'm using all my keys up, there worthless unless you know where hatch is and killer doesn't.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

That's fair. I still hate moris since an ebony can deny things like DS or straight up not have to worry about flashlight saves/pallet stuns.

I think keys will still have that annoyance factor of giving one survivor a chance out