The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Boon Totem question/theories

How do you think the boon perks will affect the survivors once the totem it blessed? Will it work as an area of effect or as normal hex perks do? Feel free to leave your theories or opinions of the new perk type in the comments! :D

Comments

• Duvie
    Duvie Member Posts: 80

it sounds like it'll be an area of affect thing. since they called it a safe haven.

I'm excited for

Boon:Everyone escapes death

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
  • Definitely seems like it's an area of effect thing since you can change the totem and they call it a safe haven that offers comfort.

I really cannot think of any good ideas... maybe one where within a certain range the survivor doesn't leave scratch marks or alert crows?

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I'm guessing they'll be things like "When in an X meter radius of the boon survivors gain an X% bonus on healing speed or an X% quicker endurance recovery"

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Not serious: We know how survivors like to play around. I know I'm going to see a survivor lighting a boon totem while another survivor crouches with their butt to the totem and makes it look like their fart activated the boon totem. It's enough to make me run 3 hex perks and haunted grounds.

Serious: You figure it has to be map wide and the killer doesn't bust the totem with his foot, he only dispels the blue aura, right? So it doesn't cost a totem. (Kind of makes me wonder how NOED will react to a boon totem if the boon totem is the only one up. Will it eat the boon totem?)

I really like the idea of a map wide Hope effect or borrowed time effect. It has to be something noticeable or survivors won't run the perk unless they're doing memes.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

Mapwide hope or BT simply sounds too strong. That would require a killer to put it out.

If we get mapwide effects, it'd have to be something strong, but not necessarily oppressively so. Maybe if your totem is lit your aura can't be read. That would be strong, but not broken, or a mapwide Bond effect. Something usable and strong but not that a killer should feel forced to destroy in order to play.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

How big will this area of effect be? If it's a small are then it won't be a big deal unless it protects the survivor from being wounded by the killer.

Maybe it'll heal survivors by spending x amount of seconds in it. I'm trying to see a good reason for survivors to keep returning to this safe haven.