The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

if the killers enter in the doors they get a bloodwarden, what do you think?

2»

Comments

• dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    Quoting my suggestion from the other thread:

“An easy fix would be to (1) make NOED baseline and (2) to make it impossible for Survivors to escape crawling. I’m sure survivors would gtfo as fast as they can, as it should be. This would lead to a shorter, more intense end game.“  

1 - lol
    2 - there's an achievement for doing that, so not gonna happen.
    Care to elaborate? „Lol“ isn’t really helpful in a discussion. Would you consider it too strong? If so, why? How would you feel if the NOED effect only triggers after the gates are actually open? Or it just applies in the gate area? 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Rebel_Raven said:

@Peanits said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

I don't think so. I like those buttcheek clenching moments at the end of the game where a survivor is being chased and get caught inches from escaping. This would completely remove that. If the gates are powered and they're already there, the killer should not get a free kill just for showing up.

Again put a 20-30 seconds timer that locks a person that's been in it for to long from leaving (note needs work but if it locks them once the killer walks in it can discourage bad sportsmanship at the end of the game buy locking people that just stand there for no reason the timer goes down when your moving outside the gate encouraging saving last man unless its NOED then that's a choice but if you stay around to be a jerk then you get punished

I could just stand right outside the gates at that point and it wouldn't get blocked. So long as you know the killer doesn't have NOED, it would have the same effect. This would, however, punish someone who heals in the safety of the gates (self care is 32 seconds now) while deciding if it's worth the risk to go back for a rescue.

The alternative here is just walking towards them and hitting them, something that works just fine as is.

I really just think this fixes a problem that doesn't exist, and then creates other problems as a result.

@Peanits said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

I don't think so. I like those buttcheek clenching moments at the end of the game where a survivor is being chased and get caught inches from escaping. This would completely remove that. If the gates are powered and they're already there, the killer should not get a free kill just for showing up.

Again put a 20-30 seconds timer that locks a person that's been in it for to long from leaving (note needs work but if it locks them once the killer walks in it can discourage bad sportsmanship at the end of the game buy locking people that just stand there for no reason the timer goes down when your moving outside the gate encouraging saving last man unless its NOED then that's a choice but if you stay around to be a jerk then you get punished

I could just stand right outside the gates at that point and it wouldn't get blocked. So long as you know the killer doesn't have NOED, it would have the same effect. This would, however, punish someone who heals in the safety of the gates (self care is 32 seconds now) while deciding if it's worth the risk to go back for a rescue.

The alternative here is just walking towards them and hitting them, something that works just fine as is.

I really just think this fixes a problem that doesn't exist, and then creates other problems as a result.

The player of the killer isn't some circus animal you can command to do tricks like that. They're human beings, and demanding they go through that absurd little ritual is demeaning.

Im not some spectacle to stare at on the hook

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Jack11803 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

@Peanits said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

@Peanits said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

The player of the killer isn't some circus animal you can command to do tricks like that. They're human beings, and demanding they go through that absurd little ritual is demeaning.

Its a give and take if your a jerk in game or at the end game then you get treated badly (if somone hides at the gate to try and be a blocker at the end that's fine risk vs reward but you teabag and I'm running iridescent heads your gonna die
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Jack11803 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

@Peanits said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

@Peanits said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

And yet even when I make it an absolute point not to do anything remotely close to camping, I.e. hooking someone, and running from the hooked survivor like they're a grenade with the pin pulled, they still do this crap to me. And basically everyone.

This argument doesn't hold much weight. 

I'm all for trying to entice the killer to not camp, mind you.
    Punishing them for camping isn't going to work well.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Incarnate said:

@βLAKE said:
    Just make blood warden a hex perk that is activated when the gates are powered and for every hook after blood warden is activated, it adds several seconds to the cleansing of the blood warden hex totem.

That isn't what the OP suggests though - it's suggested as base mechanic of the game - it could certainly change the end game to become less toxic, and people would probably think twice before trying to stay there where the killer is nearby

I recall a lot of games where I just narrowly managed to get out, like been in a chase before the last generator popped and managed to survive long enough to reach an open gate. If that effect kicked in because I couldn't throw off the killer long enough for him to not be breathing down my neck, I'd be mighty upset..

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    SenzuDuck said:

It's a pretty bad idea if I'm honest - if you're genuinely trying to escape and being chased by the killer and he enters the gate area you're locked in for no other reason apart from killers want more easy end game kills.

This is why it takes up a perk slot, loudmouth. WGLF exists and so does Adrenaline so I’ll throw more bread your way and you can be quiet like the good little biased ducky duck you are you cute little quack head you. 

Except he states "this should have been made years ago" - it has nothing to do with the perk or taking up a slot, he just wants something to act like bloodwarden when he enters the gate area. Take your childishness somewhere else kiddo.

• Seanzu

@Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

It's a pretty bad idea if I'm honest - if you're genuinely trying to escape and being chased by the killer and he enters the gate area you're locked in for no other reason apart from killers want more easy end game kills.

There could be a timer. If a survivor has been in the exit gate area for let's say 30 seconds then whenever the killer walks in, it gets blocked for the specific survivor until they leave the exit gate area for 10 seconds.

Self care is 32 seconds, again a killer doesn't deserve the kill just because a survivor wanted to heal in a gate and then suddenly he appears, survivors locked in for healing and then dies because they used the safety of the gate to heal and maybe go in for saves.

again, another thread where killers want free ######### for themselves for something that happens in a miniscule amount of games, I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a survivor stay in a match with my for longer than it took them to find the hatch.

you're all acting as if 4 man squads are squandering in the gate every match, and then act as if walking towards them is a chore and it's "demeaning" to push them out, grow a set kiddos - the survivors are against you, if they can waste 10 seconds of your time forcing you to push them out they will.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

I don't think I am a fan of this idea. If your thought process is to rid people of chilling at the gates when they're open, I think something similar to the "camping nerf" is fair. Basicially they lose points the longer they are within X range of the actual exit unless the killer is X meters away.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

@SenzuDuck said:
    Except he states "this should have been made years ago" - it has nothing to do with the perk or taking up a slot, he just wants something to act like bloodwarden when he enters the gate area.

The reason why it stated "this should have been made years ago" I assume is due to it having been abused the way to "troll" the killer, getting a free escape when being downed close enough to the exit, etc., almost since release.

@SenzuDuck said:
    Self care is 32 seconds, again a killer doesn't deserve the kill just because a survivor wanted to heal in a gate and then suddenly he appears, survivors locked in for healing and then dies because they used the safety of the gate to heal and maybe go in for saves.

again, another thread where killers want free ######### for themselves for something that happens in a miniscule amount of games, I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a survivor stay in a match with my for longer than it took them to find the hatch.

you're all acting as if 4 man squads are squandering in the gate every match, and then act as if walking towards them is a chore and it's "demeaning" to push them out, grow a set kiddos - the survivors are against you, if they can waste 10 seconds of your time forcing you to push them out they will.

In regards to selfcare, that certainly depends on where the survivor in the gated area decides to use the selfcare, secondly a survivor isn't locked in animation like the killer is, they can easily break the animation, even if others are healing them. Besides, if all surviving victims are there, they should be escaping rather than be healing up. The main post isn't about getting free kills, but at the very least still make it reasonably fair, because as it is now, if they're waiting in the gate area, guess what - if they're all healed up then they all going to escape.

You're saying killers shouldn't get free kills in the gate area, I agree, but survivors shouldn't on the other hand get a free escape - which they currrently do if they're close enough to the edge of the exit zone and they get downed.

There should be risk vs. reward involved in staying in the trial, which there currently isn't when staying in the gate area. I get that people want to ensure everyone escapes, but when every survivor is there they should be escaping, instead of baiting and taunting the killer to chase them out - the killer gets absolutely nothing out of it. Furthermore, if the killer doesn't do it, then they can and some will keep the game hostage. It may be you're not experiencing this much but that doesn't mean it's not happening a lot - I get this in the majority of my matches. I'm quite certain this is a widespread issue among the playerbase, so don't be like there isn't a problem, because there is.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    SenzuDuck said:

@Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

There could be a timer. If a survivor has been in the exit gate area for let's say 30 seconds then whenever the killer walks in, it gets blocked for the specific survivor until they leave the exit gate area for 10 seconds.

I don't want 4ks tho, I just think it's annoying that you should chase a survivor out when they already won. I'm in the mindset of, "Great job you won, now gtfo!"
  • Seanzu

@Incarnate said:
    In regards to selfcare, that certainly depends on where the survivor in the gated area decides to use the selfcare, secondly a survivor isn't locked in animation like the killer is, they can easily break the animation, even if others are healing them. Besides, if all surviving victims are there, they should be escaping rather than be healing up. The main post isn't about getting free kills, but at the very least still make it reasonably fair, because as it is now, if they're waiting in the gate area, guess what - if they're all healed up then they all going to escape.

I don't think you guys understand the difference between "fair" and "this playstyle annoys me". You're implying that it would be fair to lock survivors in if the killer enters the gate area, why, and in what realm is that fair

You're saying killers shouldn't get free kills in the gate area, I agree, but survivors shouldn't on the other hand get a free escape - which they currrently do if they're close enough to the edge of the exit zone and they get downed.

>
    Get a free escape? If a survivor goes down at the edge of the exit they've won, there's no doubt about that - they're letting you get some free hits and points in at the cost of their chase emblem, this basically reads as "If a killer and a survivor are in the exit gate area I should have a chance at killing them". Yea sure if they're cocky and stand too far back but if they get hit by you they're giving you points.

There should be risk vs. reward involved in staying in the trial, which there currently isn't when staying in the gate area. I get that people want to ensure everyone escapes, but when every survivor is there they should be escaping, instead of baiting and taunting the killer to chase them out - the killer gets absolutely nothing out of it. Furthermore, if the killer doesn't do it, then they can and some will keep the game hostage. It may be you're not experiencing this much but that doesn't mean it's not happening a lot - I get this in the majority of my matches. I'm quite certain this is a widespread issue among the playerbase, so don't be like there isn't a problem, because there is.

They're in the exit gate, it isn't a risk and they certainly aren't being rewarded for being there so this is an absolute moot point, there's no risk and there's no reward as it stands.
    The simple fact is this forum thread is about springing up a bloodwarden like barrier just because the killer enters the exit gate area, yet people are also talking about how they don't want to because it's "humiliating" like what on gods green earth? So you'll enter the exit gate as long as you get a free kill but other than that you're too high and mighty to enter it?

• Incarnate

SenzuDuck said:

Yes, they're against the killer, but their objective is to escape, so they should be escaping when they can, and it should carry a certain risk vs. reward if they stay, for whatever reason, they shouldn't just be able to stand there and take the game hostage, baiting, taunting and antagonizing the killer to force them out - they should attempting to escape at this point, where anything else is just wrong. Currently as is, they can freely do this WITHOUT any kind of repercussions or consequenses as they can freely escape even if the killer comes to force them out.

....but by what you're saying it's completely acceptable that they can waste the killers personal time, because at this point the match is over, because of how it is currently.

@Nickenzie said:
    I don't want 4ks tho, I just think it's annoying that you should chase a survivor out when they already won. I'm in the mindset of, "Great job you won, now gtfo!"

I completely agree. The survivor players should not have this kind of leverage over any player in the game, where they can litterally take the game hostage and force a player to take action against it, and even if the player in question does so, it's without any kind of possible reward for this player, so not only is it antagonizing the player, it's also demeaning as it's being used to rub the defeat in this particular players face. So in my opinion, either they should be forced out - not by the player but by the games mechanics, or there should absolutely be made some changes to this so that staying in the gate area will carry a risk.

• Seanzu

@Nickenzie said:

So you're willing to enter the gate if you get a free undeserved kill for it? Good to know.

• Seanzu

@Incarnate said:

SenzuDuck said:

Yes, they're against the killer, but their objective is to escape, so they should be escaping when they can, and it should carry a certain risk vs. reward if they stay, for whatever reason, they shouldn't just be able to stand there and take the game hostage, baiting, taunting and antagonizing the killer to force them out - they should attempting to escape at this point, where anything else is just wrong. Currently as is, they can freely do this WITHOUT any kind of repercussions or consequenses as they can freely escape even if the killer comes to force them out.

....but by what you're saying it's completely acceptable that they can waste the killers personal time, because at this point the match is over, because of how it is currently.

@Nickenzie said:

I completely agree. The survivor players should not have this kind of leverage over any player in the game, where they can litterally take the game hostage and force a player to take action against it, and even if the player in question does so, it's without any kind of possible reward for this player, so not only is it antagonizing the player, it's also demeaning as it's being used to rub the defeat in this particular players face. So in my opinion, either they should be forced out - not by the player but by the games mechanics, or there should absolutely be made some changes to this so that staying in the gate area will carry a risk.

Just walk into the gate for pete's sake it's not rocket science.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    No
  • Incarnate

@SenzuDuck said:
    Just walk into the gate for pete's sake it's not rocket science.

No, it's not rocket science, but it's the very fact that this happens in the majority of the matches, and how this area is actually being abused/used currently to antagonize the killer, without any repercussions or consequences for doing so. It's the very fact that the killer is forced to do so, the survivors should be escaping when they can. Playing the game carries risk vs. reward, if you're not trying to escape you're playing the game, even if this is in the gate area, so there absolutely should be a risk for not escaping when you can, for whatever the reason.

Furthermore, it's ridiculous that survivors get a free escape when downed close enough to the edge of the exit zone. There are those that litterally just keep standing close to enough to this edge, and will keep doing so until you hit them.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Yeah, and self care should have an aoe effect. Both survivors should be invincible for 10 seconds during hook saves, oh and the hook is automatically destroyed after the save.

Also dying shouldn't be a thing. It's humiliating. We're not faceless punching bags for killers to take their emotional problems out on.

That's enough sarcasm for today I guess.

Welp it's a good thing none of that will ever be a thing. Including this ridiculous bloodwarden idea.
  • NMCKE
    edited October 2018
    SenzuDuck said:

@Nickenzie said:

So you're willing to enter the gate if you get a free undeserved kill for it? Good to know.

This is why people can't have proper discussions with you @SenzuDuck because you assume too much and use your assumptions to make fallacies about people. However I repeat what I said again with more clarification for you to understand my point of view. I don't care if 4 survivors or 0 survivors escape, just take your win and move on is my motto. Usually survivors will wait for you to hit them out the exit gate when they ALREADY won, meaning everyone is at a exit gate waiting to be hit out the exit. They know that their teammate is safe, they know that they can now leave, but they don't because they wanna waste your time and tea bag to stroke their epeen.
  • Seanzu

@Nickenzie said:
    This is why people can't have proper discussions with you @SenzuDuck because you assume too much and use your assumptions to make fallacies about people. However I repeat what I said again with more clarification for you to understand my point of view. I don't care if 4 survivors or 0 survivors escape, just take your win and move on is my motto. Usually survivors will wait for you to hit them out the exit gate when they ALREADY won, meaning everyone is at a exit gate waiting to be hit out the exit. They know that their teammate is safe, they know that they can now leave, but they don't because they wanna waste your time and tea bag to stroke their epeen.

This entire thread is about adding a free bloodwarden effect at the end, so if you're going to argue with me about something completely irrelevant to the conversation then move on because I'm not interested.

• NMCKE
    SenzuDuck said:

@Nickenzie said:

This entire thread is about adding a free bloodwarden effect at the end, so if you're going to argue with me about something completely irrelevant to the conversation then move on because I'm not interested.

Yes, yes the typical "strawman" response. However, I will do as you wish and move on since having a civilized conversation is pointless with you. Au revior.
  • Incarnate

@Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Nickenzie said:

Yes, yes the typical "strawman" response. However, I will do as you wish and move on since having a civilized conversation is pointless with you. Au revior.

It's like if we ignore or dismiss their argument long enough, they'll probably go away. We all know this is exactly how it's happening, and it's actually something that should've been dealt with a long time ago. Especially due to the fact, that it's being done specifically to antagonize the killer, not because anything else.
    I don't see how adding something that addresses this would break the game, as long as it's being done in a way that deals with the problem efficiently without creating any additional issues, which most certainly is possible.