The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

if the killers enter in the doors they get a bloodwarden, what do you think?

this should have been made years ago guys lets be real

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    I mean, only if they have bloodwarden equipped and you got yourself a great perk change
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Terrortot said:
    Only thing i would change is refreshing bloodwarden for each hook.  Its extremely situational, you cant play it without prep beforehand and its not guaranteed to happen.

If it refreshed, it could add some spice to matches, it would get used more.

I had a similar idea for Blood Warden. It triggers when an Exit Gate is opened (instead of a person hooked), and each survivor hooked while active adds time to it.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    CoolAKn said:

@Terrortot said:
    Only thing i would change is refreshing bloodwarden for each hook.  Its extremely situational, you cant play it without prep beforehand and its not guaranteed to happen.

I had a similar idea for Blood Warden. It triggers when an Exit Gate is opened (instead of a person hooked), and each survivor hooked while active adds time to it.

That would be interesting as well. Anything less situational and more planned.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@SenzuDuck said:
    It's a pretty bad idea if I'm honest - if you're genuinely trying to escape and being chased by the killer and he enters the gate area you're locked in for no other reason apart from killers want more easy end game kills.

Maybe the Blood Warden kicks in after 3 seconds, or slightly longer than however it takes for a survivor to get out, accounting for if they get hit, or not?
    Then the issue becomes if the survivor has to crawl out.
    Maybe put an exemption so it only blocks healthy, and injured?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Rebel_Raven said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    It's a pretty bad idea if I'm honest - if you're genuinely trying to escape and being chased by the killer and he enters the gate area you're locked in for no other reason apart from killers want more easy end game kills.

Maybe the Blood Warden kicks in after 3 seconds, or slightly longer than however it takes for a survivor to get out, accounting for if they get hit, or not?

I don't know, I just don't think it's necessary - any gate-baiting survivors will usually leave if the killer walks into the gate/towards them in the gate, with this addition to killers base kit survivors will just leave anyway and I don't think it'll be helpful at that point.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

That's overkill

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 600

Balance guys, ithe problem is people sitting on gates to get hit out, so to avoid baits we could do, if the survivor stand still inside the gate for more than 6 seconds when the killer steps inside the gates get blocked for that survivor for x seconds

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Then when you just barely open the door and the killer comes up and just blocks you in anyway for a free kill.

Nah.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I think the timer before locked in is a good idea especially for people that refuse to leave without a extra hit on them had a game got trounced so I just said leave they said no I had to hit them to make them ######### off
  • Rebel_Raven
    edited October 2018

@SenzuDuck said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

@SenzuDuck said:

I don't know, I just don't think it's necessary - any gate-baiting survivors will usually leave if the killer walks into the gate/towards them in the gate, with this addition to killers base kit survivors will just leave anyway and I don't think it'll be helpful at that point.

Sitting at the gate like that is pretty on the line of toxic, though.
    It would be insanely helpful in getting the killer to the next game instead of forcing the killer to do a chaseout which is basically rubbing salt in the wounds.
    There's not a whole lot of other ways to slice sitting at the gate that way. Doing it to taunt the killer -is- toxic, and frankly, it's hard to see it as anything but trying to taunt the killer.

It's not often for extra points because they'll often run before they even get hit. What ever good intents there may have been has long been corrupted.

The less the survivors can hold the game hostage, the better, and believe me, until you do the chase out, they will generally hold it hostage. Which, again, is pretty toxic.

This is a game where the killer is supposed to be feared. The Survivors are supposed to want to run out of the gate at some of the earliest opportunities, staying behind under -heavy risk- to be altruistic. Not to go snag a chest, not to get chased out a dozen seconds later, etc. Anything other than running, screaming for safety, or a massive risk towards altruism is basically unacceptable.

I dare say if not blood warden, then there needs to be a NOED, and Mori on someone staying in the gate too long. Or just getting thrown out into the survived screen.

Maybe extend it outside the gate a bit to help prevent people waiting just outside the gate.

I'm not sure you get what it says about the people sitting in the gate forcing a chase out.

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

I definitely agree with this, especially since most survivors will just wait at the exits until you move in.
    Furthermore, it's absolute BS that a survivor will escape just because it's close enough to the exit when it's downed.

I do propose a slight change to the suggested though, first thing, there should be a timer on, like 30 seconds needs to pass when the killer is also there before you can exit, this would automatically deal with several issues, one being those that just wait there to bait and troll the killer, but it also deals with those that just wait at the gate area who take a downing hit but gets a free escape, and furthermore it also makes it impossible for the killer to try and keep the game hostage as the killer can only keep them there for so long.

• redsopine1
    SenzuDuck said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Yes but it also means tea bagging jerks either leave or die
  • βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Just make blood warden a hex perk that is activated when the gates are powered and for every hook after blood warden is activated, it adds several seconds to the cleansing of the blood warden hex totem.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Is this a troll suggestion? 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

I don't agree with this. If you want bloodwarden's effect then run bloodwarden. I don't think all killers should get it free.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If this were Bloodwarden's effect, it'd make the perk worth taking. As a default mechanic, no way.

• Incarnate

@βLAKE said:
    Just make blood warden a hex perk that is activated when the gates are powered and for every hook after blood warden is activated, it adds several seconds to the cleansing of the blood warden hex totem.

That isn't what the OP suggests though - it's suggested as base mechanic of the game - it could certainly change the end game to become less toxic, and people would probably think twice before trying to stay there where the killer is nearby.

• Incarnate

@Orion said:
    If this were Bloodwarden's effect, it'd make the perk worth taking. As a default mechanic, no way.

If as a default mechanic was more like what proposed above, then it'd be more reasonable, obviously the timer should be reasonable. But I think this way people would be more inclined to escape when they can rather than just wait for the killer to come, forcing the killer to make them leave, and even then, they could just keep standing close to the exit and facing it, and they would still be granted a free escape - which in my opinion is a problem. This could to some degree deal with it where the killer actually could get a kill or possibly more depending on the situation. Obviously this won't deal with the problem entirely, but it certainly would make it less attractive to attempt, as there actually could consequences of doing that.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    May be if your terror radius covers the exit it is blocked off.
    Exit stays blocked for 30/40/50 secs
    I like my idea.
  • AshleyWB
    Or maybe it can just be dependant on terror radius therefore being reusable and really fun.
  • AshleyWB
    Speaking of the gates being powered... What if they run out of power and they have to reset the breaker(or some technical thing) in order to repower the exit.
    Power shouldn't last forever.
  • dontTouchMyGens
    dontTouchMyGens Member Posts: 35
    AshleyWB said:
    Speaking of the gates being powered... What if they run out of power and they have to reset the breaker(or some technical thing) in order to repower the exit.
    Power shouldn't last forever.
    I‘ve been thinking about this, too. But what happens to the Survivors hanging out behind the gate?
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Once the gates are powered, it’s pretty much over. 
    Uhm...exactly? If all 5 generators are done the killer has been slacking/not completed HIS/HER job.

So they want to sit and taunt, worst case they all get out free. However sometimes you get a lucky down, or at the least free chase/hit points. If they want to waste time teasing and give me ANOTHER potential chance at them, let them.

At the least the zones give you an extra few feet to catch them if theyre opening the gate as youre running up to them. 
  • redsopine1
    SenzuDuck said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Stop - why is everything a survivor does toxic? Waiting in the gate to make sure everyone else is safe is not toxic at all, just quit it.

It would be insanely helpful in getting the killer to the next game instead of forcing the killer to do a chaseout which is basically rubbing salt in the wounds.

If someone is in the gate it's very easy to walk towards them to get them to exit. There has to be better ways to prevent hostage games than just "oh these survs wanted to make sure everyone was alive thats toxic and they should be trapped in the game because of that".

There's not a whole lot of other ways to slice sitting at the gate that way. Doing it to taunt the killer -is- toxic, and frankly, it's hard to see it as anything but trying to taunt the killer.

What's wrong with taunting the killer? The entire time a match is going on is spent wasting the killers time - if you're at a gate and the killer would rather stand there and chase you out you're allowing your other team mates to open the other door or find hatch, there is nothing bad about that, killers just want to moan - obviously.

It's not often for extra points because they'll often run before they even get hit. What ever good intents there may have been has long been corrupted.

Wasting the killers time is again one of the points of a survivor - so their team mates can get other stuff done, I don't see it as toxic.

The less the survivors can hold the game hostage, the better, and believe me, until you do the chase out, they will generally hold it hostage. Which, again, is pretty toxic.

Very rarely have I ever had someone spend more time in a match than it was necessary for them to find the hatch, this is once again a less than 5% thing that happens that people want op buffs for, just stop.

This is a game where the killer is supposed to be feared. The Survivors are supposed to want to run out of the gate at some of the earliest opportunities, staying behind under -heavy risk- to be altruistic. Not to go snag a chest, not to get chased out a dozen seconds later, etc. Anything other than running, screaming for safety, or a massive risk towards altruism is basically unacceptable.

I don't care if the killer is supposed to be feared, this is absolutely ridiculous - after someone has played 100/150+ hours it doesn't matter what the killer has, those players have seen everything and just wont fear it - stop expecting killers to be feared by players who have played a lot.

I dare say if not blood warden, then there needs to be a NOED, and Mori on someone staying in the gate too long. Or just getting thrown out into the survived screen.

Again - what's with the "staying in the gate" for too long thing? If you're honestly stood in the gate for three seconds waiting for a theoretical power to activate to benefit you, you could have spent those three seconds running towards the survivor and they would have left - it makes no sense at all.

Maybe extend it outside the gate a bit to help prevent people waiting just outside the gate.

Waiting for other players to be safe isn't something that should be punished tbh, just run towards the survivor. Stop thinking you deserve free kills because survivors are waiting for people to be safe, it's absolutely bonkers.

I'm not sure you get what it says about the people sitting in the gate forcing a chase out.

You want free abilities to activate just by you sitting there, why not instead of wasting time sitting there, just follow them out - problem solved.

And what about the people that are the last there and they just wont leave everyone else is either out or dead but there just standing in the gate refusing to leave this is aimed at them not the helpful ones so extend the time to 20-30 seconds more then enough time for them to be there and to make sure people get out safely if that times elapsed then that gates locked out for 10 seconds
  • Incarnate

@Peanits said:
    I don't think so. I like those buttcheek clenching moments at the end of the game where a survivor is being chased and get caught inches from escaping. This would completely remove that. If the gates are powered and they're already there, the killer should not get a free kill just for showing up.

I think there is a big difference between one just barely escaping and one having been waiting there until the killer arrives, because at this point it's on the victim, not the killer. Likewise, it's ridiculous that a downed victim near the exit zone gets a free escape, especially if it's one who've just been waiting close to the edge of the exit zone, where it would be impossible to get that one you've just downed. So certainly something should be done.

• redsopine1
    Peanits said:
    I don't think so. I like those buttcheek clenching moments at the end of the game where a survivor is being chased and get caught inches from escaping. This would completely remove that. If the gates are powered and they're already there, the killer should not get a free kill just for showing up.
    Again put a 20-30 seconds timer that locks a person that's been in it for to long from leaving (note needs work but if it locks them once the killer walks in it can discourage bad sportsmanship at the end of the game buy locking people that just stand there for no reason the timer goes down when your moving outside the gate encouraging saving last man unless its NOED then that's a choice but if you stay around to be a jerk then you get punished
  • Rebel_Raven
    SenzuDuck said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Stop - why is everything a survivor does toxic? Waiting in the gate to make sure everyone else is safe is not toxic at all, just quit it.

If someone is in the gate it's very easy to walk towards them to get them to exit. There has to be better ways to prevent hostage games than just "oh these survs wanted to make sure everyone was alive thats toxic and they should be trapped in the game because of that".

What's wrong with taunting the killer? The entire time a match is going on is spent wasting the killers time - if you're at a gate and the killer would rather stand there and chase you out you're allowing your other team mates to open the other door or find hatch, there is nothing bad about that, killers just want to moan - obviously.

Wasting the killers time is again one of the points of a survivor - so their team mates can get other stuff done, I don't see it as toxic.

Very rarely have I ever had someone spend more time in a match than it was necessary for them to find the hatch, this is once again a less than 5% thing that happens that people want op buffs for, just stop.

I don't care if the killer is supposed to be feared, this is absolutely ridiculous - after someone has played 100/150+ hours it doesn't matter what the killer has, those players have seen everything and just wont fear it - stop expecting killers to be feared by players who have played a lot.

Again - what's with the "staying in the gate" for too long thing? If you're honestly stood in the gate for three seconds waiting for a theoretical power to activate to benefit you, you could have spent those three seconds running towards the survivor and they would have left - it makes no sense at all.

Waiting for other players to be safe isn't something that should be punished tbh, just run towards the survivor. Stop thinking you deserve free kills because survivors are waiting for people to be safe, it's absolutely bonkers.

You want free abilities to activate just by you sitting there, why not instead of wasting time sitting there, just follow them out - problem solved.

No, you stop. I have a very brief list of toxic behavior from survivors, and it's certainly not even close to everything.

I have no problem when people stay at the gate to make sure everyone is out, but it's often not the case.
    HOWEVER most of the time every remaining survivor is in the same gate waiting for the killer.
    Can we not pretend this isn't common? Because it is common. 
    Let's stop pretending I haven't given leeway for altruism. And it needs to be at risk.

The fear isn't from the killers in and of themselves that I'm looking for, it's what the killer can do to suddenly take away their escape.

The player of the killer is not some animal that you get to command to play tricks for you.
    "Come chase me out! C'mon! Not leaving until you do!"

Taunting to rub in your victory is toxic. Holding the game hostage until someone performs a trick for you is toxic.

I have ######### looking for the hatch when the exit gates are open. I had some ######### basically flashlight blind me at the gate, run when I looked away, and ran around the map looking for the hatch that was 10 meters from the same gate. It took like 5 minutes for him to find it, and I told him where it was.
    I can't even get rid of these people being nice!

I want the survivors booted out, against their will if need be, when it comes to this nonsense. 

How about we have a killer option for the end of the match that has a bass filled haunted voice say "GET OUT!" And every survivor automatically escapes? Full BP for the escape, too!
    But all 5 gens and a gate just be open, or the last one is there and the hatch is an option?
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@CoolAKn said:

@Terrortot said:

Or each person hooked during the match gives 10 seconds to the effect. So the moment the gates are open and you hooked each person twice they cant leave for 80 seconds. This lowers the effect when you barely hooked people but does make it trigger on opening of the gate.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    SenzuDuck said:

This is why it takes up a perk slot, loudmouth. WGLF exists and so does Adrenaline so I’ll throw more bread your way and you can be quiet like the good little biased ducky duck you are you cute little quack head you. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    SenzuDuck said:

Maybe instead of outright closing the gates, simply allow 1 survivor to pass through every 20 seconds. 
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:

So why do survivors get a free escape just for showing up with a hatch? 3 kills and only 2 gens wasn't earned.

• redsopine1
    Blueberry said:

@Peanits said:

So why do survivors get a free escape just for showing up with a hatch? 3 kills and only 2 gens wasn't earned.

If a teams played well and non jerk like and I wreck them and 3k and one does two alone if they find it before me they can have it if I chase and grab them poor luck but I give them plenty of wiggle time for it
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@redsopine1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@Peanits said:

If a teams played well and non jerk like and I wreck them and 3k and one does two alone if they find it before me they can have it if I chase and grab them poor luck but I give them plenty of wiggle time for it

That's assuming that one guy did all the gens himself

• redsopine1
    Blueberry said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Blueberry said:

@Peanits said:

That's assuming that one guy did all the gens himself

Hey if no gens pop and I got 3k and they avoid mr for 2 gens and the hatch that's well deserved for being stealthily
  • Rebel_Raven
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:

Here's a massive flaw in that argument. If the killer isn't hot on your heels, or you're right on a survivor, there is no moment. At all. Even if you/they stay in the gate room. Even if you're/they're outside it in some cases.
    Heck, if the killer doesn't want to even go to the gate, the moment is thoroughly gone.
    Wanna know why? Because near the gate the killer has extremely little power, and some of us know it.

The gate room is absurdly safe if the survivors make it there without being chased, and maybe even being chased with an unusually large radius.
    Consider all the ground you gain once you're hit into injured state.
    The killer stops to wipe their blade, and loses bloodlust slowing down massively.
    Meanwhile the Survivor is hauling ass.
    The killer then has to catch back up to them, and hit them again before the survivor gets into range to flop, and crawl out while the killer wipes their blade again, then has to catch back up, and pick up the survivor. That is A LOT of slack.
    Once you get a little over halfway through the gate room, you're pretty close to completely safe. Even if they instant down you, the survivor can flop a good distance, and crawl out, and the killer has barely finished wiping their blade.

Unless an instant down is used, a healthy survivor is basically %100 safe in the gate room. They can get hit, and cover the length of the room with their speed bust by the time the killer's done wiping their blade.

Small wonder the survivors taunt in the gate room. They know they're safe more often than not.
    If the symbols for rancor, or NOED don't pop up, if the killer doesn't have an instant down, they're safe.
    There's not a thing the killer can do to change that unless they have an instant down.
    And, again, not even then if the survivors are savvy enough to stay near the border so they can flop, and crawl out. Not even an instant down can pose a threat.

Post edited by Rebel_Raven on
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@redsopine1 said:
    Peanits said:

Again put a 20-30 seconds timer that locks a person that's been in it for to long from leaving (note needs work but if it locks them once the killer walks in it can discourage bad sportsmanship at the end of the game buy locking people that just stand there for no reason the timer goes down when your moving outside the gate encouraging saving last man unless its NOED then that's a choice but if you stay around to be a jerk then you get punished

I could just stand right outside the gates at that point and it wouldn't get blocked. So long as you know the killer doesn't have NOED, it would have the same effect. This would, however, punish someone who heals in the safety of the gates (self care is 32 seconds now) while deciding if it's worth the risk to go back for a rescue.

The alternative here is just walking towards them and hitting them, something that works just fine as is.

I really just think this fixes a problem that doesn't exist, and then creates other problems as a result.

• Incarnate

As it is now, the majority of the survivor players just wait close to the edge of the exit zone for the killer to come force them out, which the killer stands to gain nothing from, which is ridiculous. It's likewise just as ridiculous, that a downed survivor near the edge of the exit zone gets a free escape, because it automatically escapes after being downed, and even in the cases where it doesn't automatically escape it's still impossibe for the killer to actually be able to pick up the survivor because of the slow recovery animation, where the downed survivor still gets to escape. This mechanics is being thorougly abuse by so many, because there are no repercussions from doing so. Also, the survivor players can actually take the game hostage if the killer doesn't take action against them. They're supposed to be attempting to escape when they have the chance to do so, and more so when they're all there, which most do not. They just stand there in the gate area and try to antagonize the killer, inherently by just standing there knowing the killer can do nothing against them to change the outcome, and quite many also try to taunt the killer in various ways. So certainly something should be done.

It's sort of the same deal with the strategy of slugging because nothing can effectively be done against it, even running various perks, equipment with addons isn't an effective counter, so even with the survivors bleeding out, they're still not able to do a damn thing about it, which in my opinion is a design flaw. I think it would be healthy for the game if the victims was actually able to recover from it, even it's just temporarily they've recovered or they have a few times they can fully recover without a perk for it.

Same deal with selfcare, it's an unhealthy addition to the game as it is now, in my opinion I think it should be limited to a certain amount of uses. We all know how it's being "abused" in the game currently, limitting its amount of uses will make people think twice about how and when they use it, as they suddenly won't be able to keep taking hits indefinitely.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    SenzuDuck said:

There could be a timer. If a survivor has been in the exit gate area for let's say 30 seconds then whenever the killer walks in, it gets blocked for the specific survivor until they leave the exit gate area for 10 seconds.
  • Incarnate
    edited October 2018
    Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

There could be a timer. If a survivor has been in the exit gate area for let's say 30 seconds then whenever the killer walks in, it gets blocked for the specific survivor until they leave the exit gate area for 10 seconds.
    I think a better way to handle it would be, it locks for everyone not in a chase in the gate area, where those it locks for have to exit the gate area for an optimal amount of time, like 10 seconds or longer if they don't leave the gate area . It might not be optimal, but it will deal with the problem of people waiting in the area for the other reasons than to escape, where those being chased by the killer into the gate area would most likely be attempting to escape, and if not its on them. So those that are just waiting around to antagonize the killer, would be doing so at great risk. Furthermore, if they would considered chased by the game because the killer shows up, then a requirement of being chased for more than 2 seconds should be added, otherwise it locks. The numbers can be tweaked, but generally I think this would solve alot of problems without introducing any new ones. Because, if people are waiting in the gate area for others to have a chance to escape, then they should be escaping when they can see the killer is about to chase the survivor into the gate area. 
  • dontTouchMyGens
    Peanits said:
    That’s the thing. There are no such moments. If a survivor is healthy an gets hit in a pretty large area even outside of the actual gate area, he bolts and gets a free escape. If a killer manages to down someone „inches from escaping“ that someone just crawls out while the killer is stuck in animation. There is nothing a killer can do. The killers are not asking for a free kill as you insinuated (although it is noteworthy that granting a survivor a free hatch escape is apparently no problem?). I would, however, like to either have an actual chance of hooking someone or just move on to the next game. If the gates are open and the survivors are there I know that I lost. No need to rub it in. Why do I have to spend time chasing them out and being taunted? 
  • dontTouchMyGens
    Quoting my suggestion from the other thread:

An easy fix would be to (1) make NOED baseline and (2) to make it impossible for Survivors to escape crawling. I’m sure survivors would gtfo as fast as they can, as it should be. This would lead to a shorter, more intense end game.“  

• Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2018
    Quoting my suggestion from the other thread:

“An easy fix would be to (1) make NOED baseline and (2) to make it impossible for Survivors to escape crawling. I’m sure survivors would gtfo as fast as they can, as it should be. This would lead to a shorter, more intense end game.“  

1 - lol
    2 - there's an achievement for doing that, so not gonna happen.