The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dbd on console is a different game than on pc

Nurse and huntress are unplayable with analog sticks and 20 fps
Billy is op
Wraith is actually strong lol
Basically anything that requires skill is barely playable. What do you think?

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I love that people say Billy is "OP". What difference is there with a console Billy vs a PC Billy? Billy still suffers the same fps and analog that all the other killers face. The problem is people way to often run into bottle necks or run in a straight line against a Billy. On console 360's are easy to get away with (unless you face someone who is half decent and isn't in corn) and Billy's chainsaw is no different. If Billy misses that chainsaw a few times people seems to forget that any other killer would have hit you upside the head with a regular attack so you would still have been knocked down either way.

I've seen a few good Huntress players but I agree its tough to aim the damn hatchets. I have also met some very good Nurse players and I myself (back when I made a commitment to "main" Nurse) was pretty good too. They are incredibly rare to see though because fps does ruin their vision far more than anyone else. The two killers themselves are not beyond impossible to play but are very boring because you are basically looking at some abstract DBD artwork as the screen struggles on fps. I'd say the only major difference the game faces PC vs console is that console is less toxic since you don't have easy access to endgame chat and killers are less precise with their aim because fps bogs things down. Everything else pretty much plays the same.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Yeah, it's why I want something to differentiate which platform someone plays on when posting on the forums. Any type of hardware limitation is a handicap and it might explain a lot of why we see certain behaviors or complaints about other related things like flashlights/360s/looping (STILL!).

I doubt it's going to get to the point where BHVR will want to separately balance for each platform, but it would be cool to see some statistics between them.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It's a ######### slideshow. I wouldn't say wraith is strong... Since coming out of invisibility drops the frames even more to the point it looks like lag spikes. You'll be lucky to hit a survivor

• AndyMXM
    AndyMXM Member Posts: 41
    Playing killer on coldwin farm is a joke of a slideshow, I feel like it goes down to 5 fps when a bunch of p3 megs and claudettes run around you in the corn 
  • ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    I am nurse main on console ask me questions
  • ConsoleNurse
    AndyMXM said:
    Playing killer on coldwin farm is a joke of a slideshow, I feel like it goes down to 5 fps when a bunch of p3 megs and claudettes run around you in the corn 
    Don't forget toxic feng mins
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    When you use Blink to hit someone, how do you use it? I might be overcomplicating it by trying to go through walls, and such.
  • Rebel_Raven
    AndyMXM said:
    Toxic, how, aside from the usual flashlights, teabagging, etc.?

I usually main Min, so I'm curious. 
    I try not to be toxic. 
  • ConsoleNurse
    When you use Blink to hit someone, how do you use it? I might be overcomplicating it by trying to go through walls, and such.
    Well...You need to understand blink movement on console first.I suggest de rank yourself first and play against rank 15-20 survivors.You can't play like PC nurses so its really difficult but you can defeat toxic survivors at least.I am not abusing blink every second because of frame rate so when i blink hit survivors, i will follow them a second with walking then trying to blink hit.Patience is the main key.My english is not perfect but i hope you can understand me.You can ask any question about her i will try to help
  • ConsoleNurse
    Also don't use 3 blink.Just use dull bracelet and catatonic addons every game
  • Rebel_Raven
    Well...You need to understand blink movement on console first.I suggest de rank yourself first and play against rank 15-20 survivors.You can't play like PC nurses so its really difficult but you can defeat toxic survivors at least.I am not abusing blink every second because of frame rate so when i blink hit survivors, i will follow them a second with walking then trying to blink hit.Patience is the main key.My english is not perfect but i hope you can understand me.You can ask any question about her i will try to help
    So you're keeping it simple, and using blink to get in a second hit, mostly?
    Not trying to go through walls, and hit, or such?
  • ConsoleNurse
    edited October 2018
    AndyMXM said:

I try not to be toxic. 
    True feng min mains are really toxic than megs.They always using purple flashlight and clicking it every second
  • ConsoleNurse
    edited October 2018
    So you're keeping it simple, and using blink to get in a second hit, mostly?
    Not trying to go through walls, and hit, or such?
    No i am always use blink but not abusing it.I hit with blink first, follow a little bit then hit with second blink.You need to understand your opponent first.Are they hardcore looper or running straight, this is the most important thing.If they are loopers try to blink to the walls, if you can not hit them you should leave them to own.It really needs a practise.My psn is AdaSherry you can add me if u want and we can play KYF or bully nurses :D
  • ConsoleNurse
    AndyMXM said:

I try not to be toxic. 
    True feng min mains are really toxic then megs.They are using purple flashlight everytime and clicking every second
  • Rebel_Raven
    AndyMXM said:

I try not to be toxic. 
    True feng min mains are really toxic then megs.They are using purple flashlight everytime and clicking every second
    Don't really have to worry about me as Min, then. Flashlight is the last thing I want. 
  • Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

Most Console ports for games are massively different and sometimes the balance has to be different from PC to Console. Now I wouldn't say the Nurse is "UNPLAYABLE" she just isn't as viable and tbf I manage with her on console.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

PlayStation is alot better then xbox for some reason.

• ConsoleNurse

PlayStation is alot better then xbox for some reason.

I have ps4 but people say xbox has better fps
  • AndyMXM
    AndyMXM Member Posts: 41
    I might believe xbox having slightly better fps because of the slighty better cpu but the game plays like crap on both platforms overall
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    AndyMXM said:

I try not to be toxic. 
    True feng min mains are really toxic than megs.They always using purple flashlight and clicking it every second
    Had a meg and Feng do that today lol killed one other tebagged the hatch till I wound up a throw and left bit the meg was pissed because before the game o wished them both a GG and they thought it was a free pass and instead got tunnle killed for trying to blind me every secound
  • SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

It's the same but different, and always will be. Any game that plays pc to console plays different, and will have a slightly different meta across the platforms. Mouse and keyboard are more accurate for pinpoint accuracy. Which will make some things easier on PC then on console.

That being said. Please fix the FPS on playstation. Bloodlust actually costs me hits, because it causes a screen blur that is much more pronounced on console then on PC. I know this because I have the game on both platforms.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited October 2018
    [DELETED]
    Post edited by DocFabron on
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Yeah, Huntress is a potato on a console, but I got to rank 1 with her on Xbox

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE