The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I don’t get how people say Spirit was gutted

2»

Comments

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Good survivors will know where she is the majority of the time. It’s funny, you talk about not knowing which side of the wall Spirit is on, but when I have used that talking point to show people that old spirit couldn’t know where survivors were at a structure, I was told to get gud.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I believe the phase sound as it is in the ptb is totally fine and it should be like that always. But the dust mechanic is garbage and is gonna kill her on high mmr play. Keep in mind that literally everyone runs Iron will there, if the survivor is smart and avoids grass or wood ground then you have 0 information as Spirit so it is literally a bigger guessing game for you than for the survivor.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

All her decent green addons are definitely "gutted" and wonder if those new meme addons will be used.

She might be close to "fair" position and still decent but new addons I am not fond of.

Spirit unlikely depends on addons a lot, which people wouldn't be likely to think so.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

You left out the most important part where I said that you are literary matched with all kinds of survivors, that is why you don't make an opinion of how strong killer is on the PTB, not because of changes that might or might not come when the patch is released to live

and my opinion is not based on how people performed vs me while I played her, my opinion is based on the information that I as a survivor get when facing her & also it was obvious that this change would be really really bad just from reading the patch notes

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Any killer nerf is met with killers whining and bitching as if they just lost the ability to hit survivors. Especially the people that claim to play at high tier

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

And that is true! But don’t forget you’re also matched with people who are testing Spirit and don’t play her often. Most people are the PTB are not people who play Spirit often.

She wasn’t great in her first initial 2018 PTB not only because of directional audio but a combo of other factors that she got buffs on and people have now accustomed themselves to Spirit and are more than comfortable with her. Directional audio will not be as big of a deal as it was in 2018 and will not affect most Spirit players because they’re already pretty comfy and good at playing her.

Just don’t jump to conclusions. People thought Nurse was “gutted”. No. She’s still Nurse. People thought Billy was “gutted” and still think he is which I highly disagree with. People thought Twins were terrible (to be fair they released with a lot of bugs) and look at them now.

Point is that think can always change and people can find ways to be good at any killer that isn’t Burger King Myers.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    edited October 2021

Don't forget about the dust particles, at that point they can make her visible to survivors.

And it basically does not matter how good spirit that you verse is, the information you get is the whole reason why the nerf was super dumb.

Always pre-drop pallet and she can never get you unless she has mother daughter ring.

With iron will, you are inivisible to spirit completely, and everyone uses the perk because its just insanely strong against every killer.

And btw nurse was my favourite killer, i spent over around 40% of my whole playtime on her and the only thing that needed fixing was removing the omega-blink nurse and additional blinks she could get from addons, but it was mostly omega which was feared.

The whole issue with omega nurse was devs fault anyway, they make her charge speed and blink travel speed scale with range which made it pretty dumb to go against as she could be everywhere in no time.

However devs chose the worst possible way to fix their ######### mistake, nurse was gutten, but not power-wise. She is almost just as strong as the old nurse without addons. What they gutten about her was the 'fun' element. Cooldown was the cheapest way to make her weaker and it only made her boring. Imagine fatigue + loss of vision + movement speed lower than survivor and then on top of that you have to wait for a cooldown. Survivors that simply hold W get so far away that you won't even catch up to them with blinks and even if you do, long range blinks are pretty easy to dodge since thanks to the trail nurse leaves in her blink you can tell which way exactly is she going.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

My only issue is that we're reaching a strange balancing point, where Killers need to put in the time, practise their powers, while Survivors get all their solutions and counterplay served on a silver platter. And this is largely due to the fact Survivors can really only vault, run and drop pallets, so I suppose it's a design issue, but an issue regardless.

And yes, Spirit needed the nerf, but I'm not sure if this is it. Take Deathslinger who was nerfed mainly due to being "unfun to verse", without being given anything in return to ensure he's actually fun to play to begin with. While acceptable this time, the direction of these two nerfs concerns me.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I honestly never understood the hate against Slinger, and he’s currently not a great killer.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

This. I only played 2 games with her but both times survivors just sat at a pallet or window and listened for my position.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

She obviously wasn't gutted. People just don't like that she finally has counterplay now. She's still a VERY GOOD killer in the right hands.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

Yet you made your opinion from the PTB. Spirit will be fine, I’m telling you, all you need is practice and experience. You just won’t win every single game as you shouldn’t.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Her potential to defeat the highest level is probably what's gutted, not her capabilities as a whole. I'd say she went from S to A.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Can visually track her through sound now. Don't even need the dust at this point to keep her centered on my screen while she is phasing around.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

All she needed nerfs for was her stand-still mindgame. Anything beyond that was always gonna be going too far, which they totally did.

• fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83
    fsdfsdgsgdsgsdg83 Member Posts: 28

Laughs in Billy as I shove my chainsaw up the survivors booty halfway through the window :')

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Your part of the percentage that either doesn't have enough play time with Spirit, or let's their survivor bias blind you from the truth.

As a dedicated Spirit main, we are not upset that she has counterplay. We are upset that they essentially nerfed what made her kit unique, and now survivors require no brain to play against her, meanwhile she has no mindgame potential at all anymore.

Yes any killer is good in the right hands, but with this nerf doesn't matter how good her player is, if survivors have ears they'll beat her at any loop because she gives too much information as to what her kit was designed for.

I made a video 2 months ago saying "If you nerf Spirit, you either butcher her kit or you make her unfun to play" and BHVR killed 2 birds with 1 stone

• GannTM

I mean survivors couldn’t really use their brains before anyway because there’s no information for them to work with. Now it’s an interactive battle between the survivor and killer and Spirit still has control because she simply moves 76% faster than survivors default.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Actually survivors could use their brain, problem is survivors couldn't change their plsystyle and take risks to figure out counterplay. Kinda like fighting games. You have to take risks to get somewhere.

Yes Spirit still has speed, but that speed is useless when survivors have ears and can pinpoint your location and can act accordingly. Or in other words, the speed is pointless if survivors are receiving too much information in the moment.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Oh please. She didn't really have any counterplay against a good Spirit player. Survivors had pretty much no info on what she was doing. That's not fair. I play both sides a lot. I'll probably play Spirit a lot more now that she's more balanced.

• GannTM

Anyone saying they’re going to play more just warms my heart up ☺️

• woundcowboy

Yes she did- predict which side of the pallet/vault she will be on. Now there are no mindgames- the survivor just knows where she is.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

At most pallet loops, it really doesn’t matter if you can pinpoint her location because she’s moving significantly faster than you.

Her speed is absolutely a factor in whether or not she can catch you because she can use the audio to her advantage to make you run in the opposite direction and then she can double back at the loop faster than you can react because she’s moving that fast.

It doesn’t matter at a lot of loops because she’s going to outpace you if she’s using audio to herd you in the opposite direction.

• GannTM

They have a vague indicator of where she is. She’s still significantly fast and is still invisible.

• woundcowboy

The sound is pretty clear, I wouldn’t call it vague. Speed doesn’t matter when you know where she is, which is why wraith’s chase only works at small loops.

• GannTM

Speed is very important in DBD. It’s way more impactful than stealth ever will be. Why do you think Blight is considered S tier?