The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Graphical update?

Mesme
Mesme Member Posts: 177

Now I know graphics aren't everything but do you guys ever wonder if the devs will ever one day make some graphical enhancements to this game? I've played games such as SMITE that actually began reworking characters looks and putting in better graphics for them.

Also with that said how do you all feel about the graphics of DBD? A few of my friends always complain about it like "Oh the game looks terrible and the messed up part is that, that game is on the latest version of Unreal". It's typically something like that and at times I have to agree the games looks can be... terrible also still wish the maps didn't look a lot alike.

Comments

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I am still waiting for them to give us advanced graphics settings so we can tweak the visuals to our liking and hardware. Not this low, medium, high, ultra preset crap.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Please no. This game is already performing bad like a game with super high quality graphics. After each update people are losing fps. If the rise up quality many people wouldn't be able to play anymore 
  • Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254

@AnotherRandy said:
    Please no. This game is already performing bad like a game with super high quality graphics. After each update people are losing fps. If the rise up quality many people wouldn't be able to play anymore 

But that's what graphical settings are for. If you are trying to run this game on a laptop or crap PC then you can turn it all the way down.

• SIX
    SIX Member Posts: 67

There is no difference between Medium-High or Ultra, they are a big Company, still in some cases the game looks like some indie project

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    Console suffers fps too much.I am playing with 15-20 fps
  • Bananaplanes
    Bananaplanes Member Posts: 23

Let’s see how things go with the optimization patch in December first....

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@SadonicShadow said:
    I am still waiting for them to give us advanced graphics settings so we can tweak the visuals to our liking and hardware. Not this low, medium, high, ultra preset crap.

Probably not going to happen. This was asked waaaay back on a bunch of dev streams and the answer was always that they're going to stick to presets because allowing people to tweak individual options could allow you to gain an advantage (e.g. Turning down foliage to make it easier to spot survivors at a distance).

A graphics update isn't out of the question. There was already one way back.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited October 2018

@Peanits said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Probably not going to happen. This was asked waaaay back on a bunch of dev streams and the answer was always that they're going to stick to presets because allowing people to tweak individual options could allow you to gain an advantage (e.g. Turning down foliage to make it easier to spot survivors at a distance).

Other games managed to add additional graphic settings into their game post launch too.
    But I understand that BVHR is just a small indie studio, so that might not be part of their competence.

Just a pitty....

• SadonicShadow

@Peanits said:

@SadonicShadow said:

This is a valid excuse but only to a certain point but there is no excuse to condemn us to presets for everything. If there is graphical features that could give players a significant advantage if disabled (like foliage in your example) then the ability to adjust those should not be allowed. I am more concerned about passive graphical features. Give us the option to adjust things like texture quality, shadow detail, post processing, anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc. There is no excuse the devs could give that would be acceptable to the PC community on why we cannot atleast adjust some of the graphics settings.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Who cares about graphics in a game like this? 
  • SadonicShadow

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Sounds like something a console peasant would say.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited October 2018

set 60 FPS in the game please!

• MuttonChops
    MuttonChops Member Posts: 55
    Yep! I just want the mechanics to work. Then balance it. Then Fps drops fix. 

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Other games managed to add additional graphic settings into their game post launch too.
    But I understand that BVHR is just a small indie studio, so that might not be part of their competence.

Just a pitty....

Incompetence isn't the reason at all.

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Mesme said:
    Now I know graphics aren't everything but do you guys ever wonder if the devs will ever one day make some graphical enhancements to this game? I've played games such as SMITE that actually began reworking characters looks and putting in better graphics for them.

Also with that said how do you all feel about the graphics of DBD? A few of my friends always complain about it like "Oh the game looks terrible and the messed up part is that, that game is on the latest version of Unreal". It's typically something like that and at times I have to agree the games looks can be... terrible also still wish the maps didn't look a lot alike.

Dead by Daylight can't get a graphical update until they do something to handle all the weird extra stuff that makes the game run super slow on consoles and lower end PCs. All of the grass and jigglebones and VFX puts too much pressure on the systems. I would like a graphical update to the older killers though. They just probably won't do that until they fix the frames issues and stuff.

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475

@SadonicShadow said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Sounds like something a console peasant would say.

Actually, graphics in fact it's the last thing that makes a game addictive or good.
    Yes i am a console player and very active on this game.
    Playability worth more than graphics.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

PS4 already experiences bad Frame drops, I feel they should focus on this before ever thinking about updating the graphics.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Boss said:

@Master said:

@Peanits said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Just a pitty....

Incompetence isn't the reason at all.

Whats the reason then?