Dead Hard is OP

To begin with, to activate Dead Hard, you do not need to fulfill the conditions, unlike other similar skills for fatigue.

You PRESS the button and that's it. At the same time, in spite of everything, Dead Hard is the strongest perk for fatigue, because it breaks all the timings of the killers.

But that's not even all. Dead hard is able to ignore the Hunter's traps, which is nonsense to me.

My idea is confirmed by the fact that at high MMR you will almost always see Dead Hard.

Comments

• dednark
    dednark Member Posts: 93

Survivors use dead hard because it is the most fun exhaustion perk. Don't get me wrong, it is strong, but SB is better and yet almost no one takes it over DH, cause it's boring. Also DH does have a condition of being injured.

• Faen
    Faen Member Posts: 55

Fun? At the same time, I cannot resist him properly. What consequences of injury are you talking about?

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

In order to use Dead Hard, you have to be injured. Perks like lithe or sprint burst can be used whenever, and provide a much larger benefit while also not being injured, and yes in terms of exhaustion perks, dead hard is the most fun to use, but it is also extremely counterable by over 3/4ths of the cast of killers

• Faen
    Faen Member Posts: 55

You will get injured in pursuit anyway. And please tell me how 3/4 can counter it

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Of course you will always get injured anyways, the point is the other exhaustion perks prevent that first hit from happening or making it take longer, dead hard prevents the final blow.

Also in terms of how a large majority of the cast can deal with it, here I go lmao

Wraith, Nurse, Myers, Doctor, Huntress, Cannibal, Spirit, Plague, Ghostface, Demo, Deathslinger, Executioner, Blight, Twins, Trickster, Nemesis, and Cenobite can all directly either avoid the dead hard entirely by instant downing, or by being able to counter it being used for distance. That is 17 killers out of the 25 playable, about 68%, fairly close to 75%. But now note, I didn't include Oni, Freddy, Hag, Clown, or Hillbilly who can also all deal with the effects of dead hard by being very chase oriented and abilities already, I simply didn't include them because they don't directly counter it, just can handle the effects by having strengths in other regards. Now if I include those in my number as well, that is 88% of the cast that really doesn't have the worst time with it, and can still manage against it. The only killers I include as really being hurt by it is Trapper, Pig, and Legion, who is also considered the worst killers. They are the only ones who suffer but they also suffer worse from exhaustion like sprint burst.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

To be fair, you have to meet that condition of being injured before you can use it. So, if you're exposed and healthy, you won't be able to use dead hard because you don't meet the conditions. Granted I agree with you, it's not much of a condition, because it's useful in many situations and has few drawbacks unlike other exhaustion perks.

I play all killers, and can attest to Dead Hard being able to counter everyone - there is no killer that can completely deny Dead Hard being used. There are a few problems with Dead Hard: it allows survivors to remove collision at will; it is useful in almost any situation, even in ones you're not trying to avoid a hit; evading the final blow is the most punishing because it provides an escape just as the killer is about to end a chase they spent a lot of time on - other perks extend the chase in certain areas of the map, whereas Dead Hard can extend the chase anywhere at any time.

Personally, I think the only balancing for Dead Hard is to give it tokens. Say, 4? Once the tokens are gone, it can no longer be used. The other exhaustion perks are so limited that they might need a buff. But, Dead Hard is too strong.

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

Yes, no more being exhausted on the ground!

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Insta downs are very conditional on killers and exhaustion was made significantly harder to access. Some killer's like bubba might have an easier time but in most cases you need to badly misposition or play into an expose effect. If your not already forcing the instadown chainsaw killers to m1. I can't count the number of times I have forced billy's to go full m1 vs my survivor. Also cenobite get countered by dead hard. Yes the survivor can't use it whilst chained but

a. his chains are easy to break

b. you can use it for distance

c. cenobite should not gain significant distance on you that you can't dead hard to another pallet trust me there will be a pallet or vault close by on modern dbd maps there always is. Look at the game map as an example of such.

Then there's the ranged killers who get utterly destroyed by dead hard. Huntress hatchets, slinger shots, trickster knives, pyramid head punishment attack. I have landed dozens of ranged attack's on sprint bursting survivors dead hard on the other hand never. Actually that's a lie I have hit dead hard players with a slinger shot it made the connecting hook animation and then retracted immediately. Thank god victors lunge bypasses dead hard at least. Trapper's entire existence as a killer is screwed over by the prevalence of dead hard.

Sprint burst as a perk is primarily strong in comp not solo queue. When everyone is dashing away and timed there gen repairs to be in line with having sb available yes sb is better. But in yolo queue or your average swf there gonna be running dead hard because iframes are incredibly powerful. I'm not for a major nerf to dead hard but some killer power's should be able to bypass the iframe's at least trapper traps should function man need's all the help he can get without being soft countered every trial by an over represented perk.