Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

50% win rate is [BAD WORD]

Kevinnnny
Kevinnnny Member Posts: 29
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Got tunneled/camped to death for 7 games out of 10. And if it's a easy game it will be against some ash newbie killer. Does this winrate only apply to killer?

Also I play solo survivor all the time don't tryna point finger at me about SWF I don't do that.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

But think about all the things you could accomplish as a swf. Maybe not just a 50% winrate, perhaps you could instead have a 69% winrate.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

My winrate with survivor is 80% and killer about 25-30% so its pretty accurate for me

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Tunneling and camping are both legitimate strategies. So you're saying that you're losing 70 percent of your matches. It's a good thing that they're reducing your MMR, hopefully you start playing verses some easier killers soon.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

10 games is practically completely irrelevant on the big data scale their statistics come from. As they said, they have data from millions of matches. On that scale more and more results like 4k and 4escape cancel eachother out as far as the average is concerned.

It's like rolling dice. Roll 10 times and you won't get the perfect 1/6 chance of every result from 1 to 6 from your data, you'll probably have very clear statistical outliers. Roll hundreds of dice and it'll get closer, roll thousands and it'll get even closer and so on.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

You lost 70% of your matches at this moment, yet the balance of the game will not be focused solely on each individual. If you are losing more than 50%, your MMR should drop and if it still remains that way... maybe analyze your own gameplay.

• Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264
    edited October 2021

It's always funny to find out that those who say solo Q is fine are killer mains or sympathize killers:

"So many Noed posts lately. Did people got tired of usual Spirit/Swf posts ?"

"Make killer gameplay even more obnoxious? No thanks ""

"Genrush is when you use BNPs or when you leave teammate on the hook hit second stage or even die because you prioritize the gen. How does it not exist?"

Actually, didn't you write that your escape rate is 90% and not 80%:

"For me it made escape rate from 60% to almost 90 as well."

Another who who states that his solo Q escape rate is 110% and another killer main. What a surprise...

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

50% winrate means 2k on average. Maybe you're more between the two that die than the two that escape.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited October 2021

To go further, yes you get a 50% win rate, yes average kill is 2 but none of these trials are fun, half are too easy, the other half are impossible to win. It's the current state of the game.

A balanced game would be more like :

1 trial 3k - 10 hooks

1 trial 2k - 9 hooks

1 trial 2k - 10 hooks

1 trial 1k - 8 hooks

And this without being forced to tunnel or camp. Average is still 2, deviation is 1. Average hook is 9,25 with a deviation around 1 aswell. Game is balanced, killer actually has time to chase and patrol the map etc...

I have had such a game only once since SBMM release. Got 3K, the last one escaped but i could have accepted only 1k as the trial was really fun to play. Survivors had unusual builds, only one had a meta build, it was a fair and fun SWF. None of them had an item.

Of course i didn't tunneled nor camped once. Every survivors hooked twice before the first kill. They all had 20k+ bloodpoints. It was a great game. Everyone said ggs at the end.

Unfortunately, it almost never happens in this game.

• Rhoska
    Rhoska Member Posts: 273
    edited October 2021

1-4K is informative as averages, but the real issue is the quality of in-match experience as Killer, which can be very frustrating with swf/voice comms and the odds are stacked against Killer in many senses.

The attentiveness and focus required for Killer is quadratic compared to that of each Survivor, only one of which is actually in jeapordy at any one moment, and even then only for as long as a chase lasts.

To paraphrase, Survivor is integrally "easymode", and Killer "hardmode".

Its very likely to get burned out as Killer, and to which the only courses of action are to switch to Survivor for a bit (to frustrate another Killer player), or stop playing for indefinite amount of time.

"Get gud" is not an argument, and switching character, perks or top-loading addons only "works" so far to alleviate frustration with the status quo.

In some matches Im quite happy with 1K, or 2K. In others, only frustrated. So as above, its not the K amount, but rather the quality experience of a good and fair match.

BHVR should take this into account in balancing, as the win/loss ratio is not representative of what the game experience is like for Killers in them. And the quality of that experience is what is crucial.

Especially as Killer, the sensitivity of a fair match is more accute and intuitive, because you are alone vs 4 others, and can barely blink that you dont miss what direction which of the 4 ran off in.

-----------------

Tangents:

I recommend flat out disabling the post-match chat. Its waaay too tempting for SWF bullies to pour salt on to antagonize and humiliate an already frustrated Killer (and their responding), and continues the 4 person overpower situation to chat.

I also recommend increasing BP earning of Killers irrelevant of perk bonuses, so atleast the (frustrated) Killer can then go right back into que another match, in the knowledge that the frustration is alteast rewarded in BPs to use for perks/items for whichever character (Survivor or Killer).

This also would encourage more Survivors to try playing Killers (and experience what its like vs SWF) if they are in need of BPs.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    edited October 2021

Most games seem lopsided to me. Sure it may average out but it doesn't seem to play that way.

• Rhoska
    edited October 2021

As I tried to explain above, averages dont really matter (albeit are statistically significant and informative).

Also, the game is inherently lopsided, as 1v4.

To complete 4k by hooks, requires ~12 successful interactions by Killer with moving targets (3 each). To complete 5 gens by Survivors requires at best just 1.25 interactions with a static generator plus exit gate, and succesful egress through it (or via hatch).

Thus what really matters, is the game experience in the Trial, and that is where the intuitive sense of fairness of the player comes in, and BHVR balancing/matchmaking, especially on the part of the Killer as 1v4.

Killers dont mind getting <4K, as long as their experience is that its a good and fair Trial.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

It's not your 50/50 it's on average. Solo survivor escape rate is 20% swf is 80%. On average your escape rate is 50! Perfect system!

• Rhoska

Everything you said is false.

None of that makes sense.

• Rhoska

1) His average is included in the overall average. So its false to say his average is not in the overall average.

2) Your "20% solo" vs "80% swf" escape rate is false. There is no way to determine difference between a solo and swf. Swf obviously abuse the game system via communication outside of the game context, which is frankly cheating anyways.

3) Then you claim X's escape rate is 50/50, which flies in the face of 1) and 2) of your claims.

4) Calling this "perfect system" is outrageously false.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited October 2021

I meant 20% escape rate is actual 20% escape rate of solos and 80% escape rate is actual escape rate for swf (numbers are estimated) and yeah you're right system has no idea where is solo and where is swf so it just tries to go for average 50% wich means solos will lose. a lot. while swfs will win most of their games. and on average solos and swfs will have 50% winrate

Calling it perfect system is sarcasm. system is trash

• Rhoska

Then why didnt you just agree with, upvote and post supportively of the other poster that explained at length exactly that, as to how this status quo is onerously heavy on the Killer vs especially 3+ in SWF/voice?

Why did you argue against it?

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

That'd be boring. The game is all about snow balling as either survivor and killer. And number of hooks don't mean anything. If you're getting 2 hooks on all survivors and no one dies, you didn't play well. Once one survivor dies, at that point the survivor lose the ability to complete any more generators and it's generally a win for killer. The only times where you're getting 2ks where that doesn't happen is if you tunnel out a survivor then all generators pop and then you catch one during EGC and camp them to death.

• Kevinnnny
    Kevinnnny Member Posts: 29

See, whenever you say something weak about solo survivors, killers are gonna bring up SWF. Keep up with braindead logic I'm sure everything will sound right.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Long story short you play in a squad or you suffer. If you don't break the spirit of the game you are at a disadvantage.

Nothing new here