Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DC Penalty

To preface this, I live in a kinda beat up apartment and my internet breaks down 1-3 times a night. There's nothing I can do about it, and despite the company coming out here 10 times, there's apparently nothing they can do about it either. It can go out anytime, so I never know when it's coming. Unfortunately, this either means I am in a game or I just don't play at all.

When I DC from games, I'm geting 20-45 minute DC penalties and I have to sit and wait for it to go up, despite it usually being my first DC the entire night. As previously stated, I can't control this at all. I understand that harsher DC penalties were put in place to keep throwers from taking advantage of that, but it's also preventing me from playing because of something beyond my control.

Maybe a way to reconnect to games you left for a certain amount of time? I don't know what the solution is here, really. I just find it really discouraging.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

Being able to reconnect to games after a DC could be useful in some cases, such as yours, but in the vast majority of cases you'll probably end up dead anyway.

Presumably DCing would just disconnect you from your character, and you'll be stood there motionless until you reconnect. Leavings survivors vulnerable and killers impotent while your opponents win the game.

Would that be any less of a downside? You'll reconnect, still be in the game, but you'll basically have already lost if you haven't actually lost yet. You'll still be tied up for 5-15 minutes in a game you've basically written off, so you're not saving much time.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited October 2021

Reconnecting might work for survivors, but not for killer.

• cworn
    cworn Member Posts: 20

yeah like i said, i don't really have a real solution to the problem. it just sucks getting hour long dc penalties after my first dc of the night because of something out of my control. maybe a daily reset for dc penalties? mine have just been getting longer and longer

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Just move lol