The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should cenobite's passive chains be nerfed so they dont target the person with the box?

PandaMan
PandaMan Member Posts: 2

Cenobite's passive is broken at the moment because you can't solve the box since the chains from chain hunt target you all the time and it would be a very nice idea to make them unable to target you while solving/holding the box

Should cenobite's passive chains be nerfed so they dont target the person with the box? 85 votes

Yes
20%
Nos37PandaManMrsGhostfaceHanselpupHerachi_SakuraRK67GuiltiiteslaVoodoo101BlueMeansDeepd0xErtAsLaFlammecrackerPosh_xpMeatyMuffinCTRGreenGamer142teasalt 17 votes
No
80%
GibberishSeiko300MiriamGTapeKnotTragicSolitudeHoodiedRaptorrotas[Deleted User]Freddy96MrPenguinUistreelSillierHorizon5Dr_LoomisSaitamfedWTBaconToxicboiikinTunnelVisionCritical_FishTatariu 68 votes

Comments

• Gazgemauch
    Gazgemauch Member Posts: 39
    No

as much as the chains get annoying, you do eventually get a window that you are able to solve the box. the passive chains for holding the box are to prevent the player from keeping the cenobite's power hostage, kinda like how you could hold victor hostage against the twins, removing that would add little to no risk to holding onto the box for the entire match

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    No

Chains spawn on cycle. 3 chain attack cluster and then a cooldown. Just wait 3 chains and solve the box

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 941
    No

no

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    Yes

I can't solve the box. The chains interrupt every single time

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2021
    No

"Nerfing" it to that extent is the wrong way to go about it. Having the chains not target the person holding the box at all is far too gratuitous an ask and would make it far too easy to hold the box hostage by one survivor.

However, I can empathize with the notion that it is incredibly poor design that the chains stop survivors from solving the box- putting them in a hellishly annoying cycle of trying solve it, getting interrupted, and having to start all over. This is not a "skill" that survivors should have to learn, and desperately search for "the window" of opportunity to solve the box between chains. If the devs wanted the solving the lament configuration to be a skillful act they wouldn't have made it a regular skillecheck action. Instead they'd have been creative like everybody wanted them to be, and create some kind of new mini-puzzle in order to solve the puzzle box that actually challenged players in a unique way that isn't played out and hasn't been done before in Dead By Daylight.

So while I entirely disagree with the idea of having the chains not target the person holding the box, I am in full support of making solving the box an interaction that won't be interrupted by chains.

This way everybody gets what they want: killers playing Pinhead still apply pressure to all survivors with chainhunt, but the survivor making the effort to solve the configuration and end chainhunt can do so smoothly without needing to learn some obscure and frankly unnecessary "timing" between when the portals spawn, when the chains target you, etc.

This is already something in-game, though the chains interrupt many actions like healing, repairing generators, etc. they do not interrupt actions like opening exit gates. So the code already exists, it just needs to be applied to the lament configuration.

On top of this I also support the change of saving partial progress in solving the configuration. This is also something that already exists in game with the Deep Wound Status effect, when you're mending and you get interrupted for one reason or another, your progress isn't reset back to zero it stays where it was until you finish the progress bar. The same could be done for the configuration.

I made a poll on this topic shortly after pinhead released on the live build (and before the midchapter patch changes) and a large majority of responses were in favor of these changes.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709
    No

i think this was actually a thing on the ptb and they changed it a bit. basically you could just hold the box indefinitely until u got downed. the chains arent suppose to bother u as much as everyone else i think but im mostly speaking out of my ass rn.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    No

I don't think they should leave you alone when you're holding it, but they should leave you alone when you're solving it.

• Hanselpup
    Hanselpup Member Posts: 187
    Yes

I don't think the chains should completely ignore the person with the box, but it's really annoying when you get stuck with the box and can't get rid of it because chains are harassing you. A really easy fix I have in mind would be to just make the survivor unaffected by chains while solving the box, similarly to how you can still vault windows and drop pallets while chained.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    No

No, the hooks are an incentive to solve the box quickly instead of just leaving it until the last minute

• BlueMeansDeep
    BlueMeansDeep Member Posts: 65
    Yes

Yes, because you can just go to a spot where the chains won’t reach you anyway. It’s just tedious.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Only if you're opening it

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Yes

Make it that it doesn't target the survivor SOLVING the box, but remove the possibility of cancelling the solving, as survivors do that to annoy the killer.

• MrSlippery
    MrSlippery Member Posts: 98
    No

No he's one of the weakest killers. The chainhunt passive effect is the only thing he has going for him.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,844
    No

You 90 seconds before a chain hunt starts and you always know where the box is. If you can't be bothered to solve it before a chain hunt starts that is on you and you deserve to suffer the consequences

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

I think the chains should target the player with the box, but only if they are not actively solving it.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    No

They should only stop targeting the person with the box when they're solving it.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    No

He's THE HIGH PRIEST OF HELL, he should be overly oppressive.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    No

No, he sucks. Chains should be a problem, not something you can just completely ignore by having 1 person holding it hostage