Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If Hag was released today, you would not be able to trap hooks.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true. Trapper was changed a long time ago to not be able to trap hooks (though admittedly trapper traps straight under hooks was way more broken). Executioner cannot place his trails within a certain range of hooked survivors, so it's very rare to be able to force anyone going for a hook save to torment themselves. Twins also cannot swap between victor and charlotte within a radius of a hooked survivor, though this can be played around by releasing Victor next to a hook before hooking the survivor.

With nerfs to deathslinger and spirit, I can't imagine there are many less fun experiences for a survivor than being hooked by the hag, particularly in the basement. Sure, you can be facecamped by a leatherface and nobody can do anything about it, but facecamping is often a losing strategy; on the other hand, if a hag player doesn't trap the hook every time they hook a survivor, they're not playing optimally. Hag is by design probably the strongest camping killer, or at least in the top 3 for the title, not because of how well she can camp the hook, but because of how well she can keep pressuring nearby generator and chasing survivors while simultaneously camping with hooks.

Next paragraph would have been a "Calling it right now" about how hag is the next killer to get a big nerf like shooty boy and spirit did, but Hag has played virtually the same for years now, with the last direct changes to Hag according to the wiki being in 2018. But maybe the amount of changes in the last patch is a sign of bigger changes in the developers' mindset being more focused on the survivor experience playing against killers. (Everyone can agree, Deathslinger wasn't nerfed because of his power level because his power level was mediocre. He was nerfed because of how unfun he was to play against.) So perhaps 2022 is the year that Hag finally gets the axe.

But if they do change Hag, I hope that "no traps within a radius of hooked survivors (perhaps 12-16m)" is the only change they do make, because Hag is a fun killer to play and an interesting killer to play against, but her campiness takes the fun away from the survivors.

(and maybe add an "overheat" mechanic to hag where she becomes unable to teleport if she does so too many times in a short duration. because it was fun and interactive and well-received when you did it to hillbilly, and the community loves recharge mechanics)

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I doubt that. Bubba is still a thing, Huntress and Tricker can camp with ranged attacks, and Pyramid Head can get multi-hits even on someone freshly unhooked.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited October 2021

Hag has the same distance restriction as Trapper.

Although, on rare occasions a trap can spawn under a hook.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

I find it funny how you can't place a portal as Demo next to a hooked survivor considering he takes way longer to teleport than Hag.

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

Bubba is the undeniable king of facecamping, I agree. But that requires him to facecamp, or to see a survivor going for the save from a short distance, and this is neither the playstyle you see every Bubba play, nor is it the optimal one. Huntress is restricted by LOS to only being able to long-distance camp a few hooks on open maps, and the way Trickster takes so many knives to injure someone, and the inaccuracy of long-distance knife throwing, it's arguable whether or not Trickster is any stronger at camping than a regular 115 killer.

If you don't trap hooks as Hag, with the exception of very few circumstances, you're playing Hag wrong. You'd get tired of it very quick if you saw Hag in more than 2% of games.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

and this is neither the playstyle you see every Bubba play,

Now you're just making up #########.

Bubba pls

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

Come to think of it, you're right.

Maybe Bubba also needs an overheat mechanic

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

He has one, but it’s not nearly as punishing as Hillbilly’s. The only way any of this will stop is to prevent all killer special abilities being used within a small radius of a hooked survivor. 12 meters?

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited October 2021

It is a dishonorable and cowardly way to play. I wouldn't mind if it was changed, but I also know that she's not truly OP.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

To hard to crouch for few seconds?

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

If hag released today, she'd probably be an unnecessarily gimmicky attempt to recapture the magic of trapper, and fail spectacularly.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2021

Apparently for all my solo queue teammates, yeah.

( ;__;)

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited October 2021

Very interesting take.

Thing is these developers don’t take issue with how Camping while tactical, is also ruining their game’s experience due to it creating ‘no counterplay’ scenarios. Especially with killers like Hag and Bubba.

I play a lot of Twins and tbh I get a lot of hate for it, but I also get a lot of people thanking me for not playing like a jerk by placing Victor at the hook.

I had the same exact thought as you did with the whole Spirit/Deathslinger changes. Maybe next time they should stop using language like “no counterplay” because for me, it’s not the no counterplay issue they should worry about, it should be how can the killer still be effective and fun without creating them with no counterplay.

Especially Deathslinger, his Terror Radius did not deserve to be nerfed at all IMO. Saying this as someone who only found him boring to vers because I felt the need to hold W and rush gens the whole time, not because he isn’t interesting or scary.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

If Billy was released today, he'd be 110%.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

She would, but if not they would have to buff her in some other way. But the "camping" part is where Hag is strongest same as Twins. Take this away and Hag is too weak and toxic crybaby survivors have won again.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I don’t think so we got blight who’s faster than Billy yet he’s still a 115% killer.