Should all new killers be B tier and above?

Options

Given how most players at higher levels of SBMM are stating that survivors are dominating the games now and that 2 kills is a respectable and balanced outcome.

So, should they now stop making killers that can't compete at higher levels?

Trapper is viable against low rank and unskilled players, but as we know he's god awful against good ones, so why bother having a killer as bad as him again when they just wont be viable for half the playerbase?

So the question is

Should all future killers be designed to be able to compete against survivors with high SBMM scores?

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Pre SBMM, not necessarily. Now however, absolutely agree

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Every Killer has been solid for years now. Except for Trickster maybe. But since Plague, every Killer released can be considered B-Tier at least (except for Trickster).

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options

No because a B tier killer get nerf. So in theory a B tier killer is too strong for the baby survivor

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,976
    Options

Tier lists are all about relative power to other killers. There will always be a strongest killer and there will always be a weakest killer.

The problem is the difference in strength from strongest to weakest is huge and there should be a much smaller gap in power difference.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

Make all killers F tier. I'm tired of them killing. It isn't fair.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    Options

Every killer should be balanced around Billy base-kit wise (excluding Overheat), and Blight add-on wise (excluding Alchemist's Ring).

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Trickster is THAT bad, huh? I am really surprised to hear you say that.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,976
    Options

If you saw the stats posted on the Q&A, Trickster had a 47% Kill Rate. Considering that every other killer except Nurse had at least a 50% Kill Rate, it does kind of show that Trickster is on the weaker side.

I imagine a lot of it is that he's one of the most map dependent killers in the game. You get a nice open map where survivors don't have much options to avoid your knives and he'll down you quickly. Get a map where you can constantly break line of sight and now he takes forever to down you.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

B tier shouldn't exist. All killer needs to be tuned around current A tier so difference between strongest and weakest was tiny.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Every Killer should be good bare minimum.

• Mistakesweremade
    Mistakesweremade Member Posts: 229
    Options

trickster is really, really good. After the deathslinger nerf he will be the go to ranged killer for close quarters, if you can play him at his full potential he is even deadlier than bubba in open fields.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    Options

I would prefer if all killers would be A tier (with add-ons), which is around the power level of Blight without add-ons (or perhaps with Blighted Rat). That would make global balancing a lot easier because you don't have to account for wildly varying killer character performance potentials. 20% of the lineup should also be S tier in my opinion - so with the current 25 killers, 5 should be S, meaning 2 more to join Nurse, Spirit and Blight.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

"Every Killer has been solid for years now"

If they were all solid tier lists would be heavy B and A tier sided already <--which they aren't. If they were all solid Trapper wouldn't be getting buffs, nor plague, nor pig. If they were all solid 90% of the games pre SBMM wouldn't be full of the same 3 killers over and over again. If they were all solid, most killers games would be 10 minutes plus, not 5. If they were all solid, they wouldn't all be running gen slow down perks to make up for their ######### pressure and non existent 1v4s.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Killers run Slowdown-Perks because it is the easiest way to play Killer.

And I said "for years" and "Plague onwards". That Trapper is not really good should be clear, but I also did not say "all Killers":

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

It'll be interesting to see what the upcoming Trapper buff next week does for him. Between him being able to carry an extra trap, more traps being on the map, and many of his add-ons being buffed, it could be good news for people who like playing him. 🙂