The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

As a Survivor what is most annoying about your teammates?

For me, it's a few things especially with this event going off which I can't wait for it to finish. When you get hooked and all the survivors you see around the map collecting nectar lol Why can't you get it after lol. 3 gens has only been done yes by me the one on the hook. Also, the start of the game you see another survivor doing the come here emote to follow them. So your thinking "oh they want me to do a gen with them" they take you to get nectar lol. fair enough they trying to help but I rather do gens first then if all done and killer guarding the exit yes I might consider collecting nectar then.

Comments

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    edited October 2018

During this event, nectar is my #1 objective. The regular game will be there after November 2nd but I have limited time to play so at the moment I'm a nectar hound. However, I won't let anyone rot on a hook for it, I'll try to safe unhook and return to my sweet, sweet nectar harvest.

My biggest non-event gripe has got to be survivors who just rush to unhook in unsafe scenarios.

• Whisky_Glass
    Whisky_Glass Member Posts: 49
    - When someone comes to unhook me, killer comes back and decides to loop the killer close to where i am instead of luring the killer away from me so another one can perform the rescue.
    - When someone far from a hooked survivor sees me going to the hook and yet decides to come over as well instead of keep doing gens.
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

I despise green ranks. It's the rank where most survivors think 2 things.
    1. "I'm the best at this game w a t c h t h i s" messes up and ends up getting you killed
    2. "I can't rescue the guy on the hook I need to focus on escaping and ranking up"
    And no one ends up going for you when you're on the hook. A meg literally ran upstairs next to me on the hook just to do the generator a few days ago. Ahhhh, green ranks..

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    - When the killer takes 5 steps away from you and then they unhook. Killer will obviously turn around at that point. Let him find another objective first or move further away.

- People who run behind the killer for the unhook. He CAN actually hear you ya know. So what happens is he turns around and finds another survivor to chase and down. This normally results on one being hooked as the other is unhooked, giving the killer more momentum that they should have had.

- People who have no interest in unhooking you, but then do so when the killer finds them to provide a distraction. This is the most toxic of all.

- People who fast vault everywhere. FYI the killer gets a notification if you do this.

- People who hide in a locker in the basement or at the edge of the map. You absolute cowards. Its rare this happens but you get the odd game with someone who decides the other 2/3 can die because he wants the hatch.

Basically people rushing unhooks in general. I've had times where I'm in position, watching the killer, waiting until its safe to.unhook and then this Nea runs out of nowhere and just unhooks when the killer is still in the area. Never ends well.
  • iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

For me it's when other survivors force a killer to tunnel. Basically, unhooking a survivor before the killer is unoccupied. Second, would have to be leaving me on the hook so long I go into struggle. Third would be running up to your generator and failing a skill check resulting in the killer coming over.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Racing for the unhook. Happened to me once: we already knew we're up against a Hag, an idiotic Feng showed up to save the same time as I did. I was a little closer, we were both crouching but I had Urban. She sid not. So in the last ten meters she decided to make a run for it.
    You can easily guess the results.
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@neacutie said:
    For me, it's a few things especially with this event going off which I can't wait for it to finish. When you get hooked and all the survivors you see around the map collecting nectar lol Why can't you get it after lol. 3 gens has only been done yes by me the one on the hook. Also, the start of the game you see another survivor doing the come here emote to follow them. So your thinking "oh they want me to do a gen with them" they take you to get nectar lol. fair enough they trying to help but I rather do gens first then if all done and killer guarding the exit yes I might consider collecting nectar then.

this event, survivors dont come to save you until you are in struggle phase so I try to do hook escape so I have a chance to not get saved by some baby survivor

• Eggcellent
    Eggcellent Member Posts: 4

lmao when someone asks for help on a generator and they fail a skill check and the killer comes over and the person they get is you, and the other person manages to escape :weary:

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@MyNamePete said:
    I despise green ranks. It's the rank where most survivors think 2 things.
    1. "I'm the best at this game w a t c h t h i s" messes up and ends up getting you killed
    2. "I can't rescue the guy on the hook I need to focus on escaping and ranking up"
    And no one ends up going for you when you're on the hook. A meg literally ran upstairs next to me on the hook just to do the generator a few days ago. Ahhhh, green ranks..

I call Megs gen whores because they only do gens and let u die. Some megs aren't that bad tho but most are.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited October 2018

That you think we are teammates. We are not. We are survivors. The reason we should help each other is because the longer an individual survivor is alive the greater the chance the entire group will escape. I'll save you from a hook because it increases my chance of surviving. I'm not saving you from the hook because I have some bond with you as a teammate. I will happily let you bleed out on the floor or die on first hook if I have a greater chance of survival after you are dead.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited October 2018

Where there's only two of you left, and Nea is due for her final hook. You're slugged, have positioned yourself next to the hatch, and have Unbreakable at 95%. The grin isn't on your face, it IS your face.

But no. F*ck you Nea! She kites the killer over to you and recovers you mid-chase. Now you're both dead and once again that stupid perk proves to be no use whatsoever. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

• crabby247
    crabby247 Member Posts: 58

When they D/C!!

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    edited October 2018
    Be farmed. I don't know if they have an IQ equal to a red fish or just seeks points but I really wish to have an emote while hooked showing the middlefinger when they try to unhook me in front of the killer like when you interrupt someone with the emote when they heal you. Same mechanic
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Playing a two man team and they body block you so the killer kills you and not them
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Multiple things:

• Unhooks when the Killer is nearby
    • Running away from the killer close to a hook so that no one can actually unhook the Survivor
    • Survivors who run into the direction where I am hiding so that the killer tries to get me and not them...
    • People on the hook who try to Escape and then simply die (or try to escape while survivor is nearby to get them...)
    • People removing Hex-Totems when there is no Hex active so they trigger Haunted Ground....
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Abandoning teammates like they are already dead. Even as killer I let my slug go free if he has been forsaken, last guy has to pay though.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited November 2018
    This game is almost as bad as Killing Floor 2 when it comes to teammates, and all i get there are horrible ######### who sell your T4 weapons, Eviscirator fags at the other end of the map, people who sell the medic pistol or M1911 you give them as backup, Gunslingers missing all of their shots till their ammo is empty and Commandos/Swats trying to solo the big Zeds etc.

In this game most of the time i get Ochido wannabes with DS and Flashlight, WGLF farmers, Locker dwellers, hookswarmers and people who will for some reason bring back the Killer across the map to your hook so he can loop him there.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November 2018
    I just can't stand toxic folks. If I see you t-bagging after every. Single. Pallet. I will find you, and I will sandbag/farm you.
    Post edited by Peasant on
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    When the killer is a better teammate then all of your actual teammates.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited November 2018

You know how in Jurassic World, the dinosaurs fight while the humans try to get clear of the area, but the fight keeps following them no matter where they go? You may laugh and say to yourself "that would never happen." Well, that happens to me all the time...

If I try to move to another area/gen to work on, the chase leads them there too.
    If I try to stay put and wait for them to leave, they loop the same area until the crows show up.

Sometimes I feel like there's a force or plot device that draws the chases towards me, and it's worse when the chased Survivor loses the Killer and I'm right there for the Killer to find; so frustrating.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    That one survivor that always seems to find the killer after you just unhooked them. 

and no, I dont mean you unhooked them with your heart pounding in your ears. 

no, the killer left, you unhooked, you both left the hook, healed up, and 30 seconds later they're back on the hook. 

like, nah, I'm not going back there!
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Nos37 said:
    You know how in Jurassic World, the dinosaurs fight while the humans try to get clear of the area, but the fight keeps following them no matter where they go? You may laugh and say to yourself "that would never happen." Well, that happens to me all the time...

If I try to move to another area/gen to work on, the chase leads them there too.
    If I try to stay put and wait for them to leave, they loop the same area until the crows show up.

Sometimes I feel like there's a force or plot device that draws the chases towards me, and it's worse when the chased Survivor loses the Killer and I'm right there for the Killer to find; so frustrating.

There is a reason Bond exists.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@thesuicidefox said:
    There is a reason Bond exists.

Equipping Bond won't reveal my aura to other Survivors, only their auras to me.

I have had Bond equipped and ran from Survivors being chased before, but either they'll magically (if not intentionally) follow me, or they'll show up moments later once I get to a new gen or hiding spot.

I have even tried running and hiding in the basement, figuring that a Survivor in their right mind won't run there while being chased by the Killer, but then they end up looping the shack above me. Then they get downed and the Killer hooks them in the basement right as my idle crows show up.

I wish the Luck mechanic would affect this ailment...

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

Teammates that flee from generators and hide at the first sign of a heartbeat. It's a dick move in one respect because if you , for instance, jump in a locker you're essentially telling your teammate take the heat instead of you... but more importantly is it too much to ask to have a little bit confidence? They act as if getting seen by the killer is an automatic death sentence. And I guess it is if you have no clue what you're doing. But otherwise...

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    neacutie said:

The team mates themselves
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Dudddd said:
    Noobs who dont bring selfcare and want you to heal them i just teabag them.

^People like this guy.