Do the devs just hate Killers?

So I wasn't very worried about Boom totems. That is until I saw Shadowstep in action. We were all worried about the wrong totem. It wasn't Circle of Healing. It was Shadowstep. Survivors become goddamn invisible practically.

The devs have such an obvious bias towards survivors, and I don't understand it. KIllers are players too, and I don't understand why they keep nerfing killers 10x for every buff they get. There is nothing we can do against boons. This hardly seems fair. I try to look at everything from a balancing standpoint but I can't see how this is at all remotely balanced.

Comments

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

4 survivors - 1 killer, ofc they would be biased

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

its fine, just learn to adapt, only bad killers Cry. im okay with it

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

You still have audio cues and the radius is pretty small, so it's absolutely possible to track someone inside the Shadow Step totem radius. It's harder, sure, but you should feel the effect of a perk, otherwise it's kinda useless.

I played against it earlier, it's not that hard. It'll be worst on maps like Gideon's, where there's a lot of twists and turns and they can easily hide behind structures.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

No BBQ or any aura reading. And you still have to find it. Not all maps are simple.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

Yeah, this perk does shield you from BBQ, but it's not the only one that does that. Regardless- I meant in chase, it's still absolutely very possible to track someone in chase.

You don't usually use BBQ or aura reading in a chase outside of special circumstances, after all.

Also, if you're looking for a way to track people outside of chase, plenty of perks still work. Whispers, Discordance, Spies from the Shadows, Surveillance...

This perk is an annoyance but it's by no means unbeatable.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Distortion has only 3 tokens (seriously, buff the perk), so usually there is nothing left after 3-4 hooks. I regularly use BBQ for BP and for information, but you are right with the chase.

No scratches are only a nightmare in indoor maps with a lot of corners: Lery's, HNL and RPD