NFT's are the future

senki527
senki527 Member Posts: 275
edited October 2021 in Off-topic

If you disagree, you must be 30 years old or older.

Just saying...

Comments

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

If most of them continue using ethereum blockchain I sure hope NFTs are not the future because the amount of energy it wastes is disproportionate. But i don't really understand what you mean they are the future, they are a innovation in technology true, but it's not like they will change the world or anything, just another convenience. And I say being involved with NFTs in my job.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

If you disagree with "NFTs are the future", you either have an apocalyptic take on the future or have an actual understanding of what NFTs and crypto are.

• senki527

that it won't die in the future and will be used more and more, just like BHVR using NFT's.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    edited October 2021

Well if BHVR continued to do it and eventually sell them in game, they'll definitely get banned from Steam. Only time will tell.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

They're gonna destroy the future, sure.

• senki527

steam will unban crypto games, nft's etc. one day, just wait.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Future of what? Can't be of humanity if you support them.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I remember when pogs and beanie babies were the future.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I understand what blockchains are, and what cryptocurrency is, and I understand that NFTs are essentially that same technology applied to media files to more or less "mark the original file". It's kind of like if you went to an art gallery and bought an original painting, the gallery would have something verifying that the painting was, in fact, the original painting and not a copy. Sure, you could just go to the gift shop and buy a copy of that painting that looks identical to the original, but to a collector the original is worth a lot more because it's got some sort of intrinsic historical or personal value to them, for example.

So in as much as I understand that people will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars an original Action Comics with the first appearance of Superman, for example, versus paying $10 for a reprint of it, I get it I think? But on the other hand I don't really get why people pay SO much more for "original" digital files let alone artworks. I'm not a collector though, so 🤷‍♂️

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

the only thing lower in quality then this bait are nfts

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

Sure, if their technology improves, but I highly doubt that Bitcoin is ever really going to concern itself with improving and will quite literally be the reason for government regulation of blockchains.

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277

Yooo they added this dude to DBD, now it all makes sense they based it off this dude

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

You're right, Behavior Interactive does not sell NFT's, They just endorse, partner with, and provide content to be used in the creation of NFT's.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2021

I remember when NES and the Master System were the future lol.