Trickster is a joke

We have recently have the rift open and guess who is our killer is... That's right the worst killer in game.

He moves to slow!! And his blade are ridiculously because all the survivor has to do is do a small loops.

I'm honestly pissed off at dbd because they picked trickster to do the rift. I do apologize for the rant but honestly I don't play trickster and I was paired up with high grade survivors. The small buff they gave him awhile back made him less then ok.

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

What platform do you play on by chance?

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 680

It's more or less an opinion which is valid. Trickster is a good killer and he has the fastest down time in the game that isn't an insta down. Anywho people love him and others hate him. That's just the reality.

If they made a twins rift, I'd hate it with a passion but that doesnt change what happens and those who love the killer. Probably very few but that's besides the point.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Bah. Did his two knife challenges first time. Got a Merciless 4k on the second one. He has his moments.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited October 2021

I just wondering because trickster seems to have mixed views depending on the platform. On pc, a good trickster can 100 to 0 someone incredibly quickly, but console has some limitations that really get in the way. Things like joystick deadzones, frame stuttering and an 'all or nothing' style sensitivity for those sticks.

That's on top of both tricksters are countered by just running and putting high things between the both of you.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

Trickster is FAR from the worst killer in the game

Also there is nothing forcing you to do the challenges

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 185

It's funny we have this thread because Trickster's play % is going to increase which means his Kills/Escape rate is going to move up and down which could actually lean towards the devs going "It appears over recent weeks Trickster is overperforming and is being looked into" No devs people are using him because it's part of a Tome you created, of course people are going to play him.

I've played 4 games so far with him for the challenges including a daily and so far i've gone against nothing but survivor mains complaining or DC'ing. Seriously survivor mains you just got 2 strong killers nerfed (Wraith and Spirit) with your complaining just stop with the nerf bandwagon either start learning the game or please just leave and go and find something else. You have no idea how much your entitlement is harming this game health overall.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

His power needs to be kept full and you can activate it whenever, this bull crap they have now doesn't help you at all even extending the timer, which why does it even have one?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

They put the worst playable killer on controller into the rift. They truly care about console playerbase and take it into consideration with every decision they make /s

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352
    edited October 2021

Over all he is trash but got damn is he nasty in dead zones.

• Shroompy

He's one of the killers with the most lethal chase abilities in the game. He suffers greatly how ever from certain maps which makes him pretty map dependent. In door maps are pretty rough for him for obvious reasons, and larger maps because he doesn't have any form of map traversal.

His strengths tho being he pretty much gets a guaranteed down at short loops and in dead zones. He's also (unfortunately) one of the best campers, he's able to easily down the savior and possibly the person that was just saved depending on the surroundings of the hook. Where he really shines is the basement. Trickster is NASTY in the basement and he's probably one of the scariest killers when some one gets hooked down there.

He really isn't as bad as people say he is

• Shroompy

Even when playing a way that seems fair, he still has one of the most lethal chase abilities in the game.

No matter the skill of the survivor, they will go down eventually.

• Shroompy

His chase is just a tad bit weaker than Huntress', just because he's a weaker Huntress doesn't mean he's an absolute garbage killer.

Its like saying Spirit (Old Spirit), who does VERY well in chase and doesn't offer much counter play is absolute garbage just because Nurse does a better job than her, which of course just isn't the case.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

I wouldn't be so bad if his recoil wasn't so awful on console.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

On the bright side I can get all his perks without having to buy him and waste bloodpoints.

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54

It's a shame because I always thought his character is cool but never bought him because of how bad he can be sometimes.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

PS4 player here. I LOVE Trickster's power, but the camera controls on console are just so clunky that playing him feels like such a chore. I really hope one day they cut us console players a break and smooth out the camera controls a bit, because right now you have to move the camera in short bursts because of how awkward it is to control.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited October 2021

I don't like him very much but he's not that bad actually, especially if you can hit survivors from afar.