If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Infinite Loading Screens

Options
Peanits
Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,384
edited October 2021 in Bug Reporting

UPDATE: These issues should be mostly resolved, please only post further information if you are still having the issue after updating to patch 5.3.1.

The team is currently investigating an issue which is causing extraordinarily long / infinite loading screens. Since this bug happens sporadically, we would greatly appreciate any info that you could provide that may aid us in our investigation. We’re on the lookout for any trends that may contribute to this bug happening.

If you have had an infinite or exceptionally long loading screen, we would appreciate if you could let us know the following:

• When the issue occurred (loading into a lobby, loading into a match, etc.)
  • How the loading was initiated (e.g. accepting an invite, matchmaking, etc.)

If necessary, a member of the development team may reach out privately to request a log.

EDITING TO ADD - Can you advise if you are playing with Cross Platform on or off. Thank you.

Thank you for your assistance!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,747
    Options

Its happened me twice when loading into a match. The loading was initiated by accepting an invite on both occasions.

• snek
    snek Member Posts: 180
    Options

loading into a regular match as a survivor

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,305
    Options

Were you a solo survivor? And which character were you playing?

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    edited October 2021
    Options

Loading into a regular match as a survivor. 3-4 matches last night.

Platform: Steam

Crossplay: On

Solo Queue.

Post edited by Facture on
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

Happens to me few times in a day. Doesn't matter if I am survivor or killer always when loading into a match. And a couple of times it caught my attention that there was a Bloodyparty streamers offering in the game. Not everytime when BPS offered though, maybe a coincidence.

• PH1LL1P88
    PH1LL1P88 Member Posts: 2
    Options

It’s happened to me once when I was in a group. We sat there for ages I eventually left and then rest of the group loaded in, I play on the Series X.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,134
    edited October 2021
    Options

I didn't test this fully, but when I was playing slinger yesterday, when I tried loading in with the fisherman body on, I would get an infinite loading screen. But when I changed my body to the green rarity, I was able to load in. I only played about 6 games (only 4 of which I loaded into) so I haven't tested it fully.

Could just be a coincidence, but I'd check if changing cosmetics/certain cosmetics effect it.

(edit: by loading in i mean loading into a match after all had rdy up)

• Veon
    Veon Member Posts: 10
    Options

It only happens sometimes when playing survivor but happens a lot when playing killer.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,619
    Options

This happens to me on both sides, I don’t think maps are causing it. My brother was just in a long loading screen as killer and there weren’t any survivors playing Mikaela.

I know some people are saying the new survivor could be causing it but I don’t think that’s the case.

• Mandy
    Options
  • snek
    snek Member Posts: 180
    Options

it happened when i was solo (was playing as Leon) and when i was with a friend (i was playing as Mikaela)

• deadbyjeff
    deadbyjeff Member Posts: 52
    Options

loading into match as plague - no idea who survivors were, not a thing i memorise between lobby and match...

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,878
    Options

I was playing as deathslinger i loaded into the lobby everyone readied up and the game started loading then it got stuck loading. https://youtu.be/hgmhqWXpQHE

• ghuleh
    ghuleh Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    Options

Happened for me on PS4 as Killer (Wraith) and survivor (Mikaela and Dwight). I was playing alone in normal matchmaking and it was the loading screen for the match, after the offerings were shown. Sometimes another Mikaela survivor was in the lobby, but it seemed to be independent of survivor choice. It first seemed to be more often when I was killed, but then as survivor it also got quite frequent.

Also, one time in a match that actually had normal loading times between all the issues, the killer disconnected. tho I‘m not sure if that was a rage quit haha

When I was in a survive with friends and joined a public lobby via normal matchmaking I did not have this issue, it started when I was playing on my own. However, I only played a few rounds with my friends so it may be biased.

I quit the game most of the times after 10+ minutes, but one time after 10 minutes the match started (The police department map, if that is of interest) and I could go around for 30 seconds, then it ended with the error message that a player quit during the loading screen.

I hope that information somehow helps

edit: Crossplay activated

Post edited by ghuleh on
  • Karaage
    Karaage Member Posts: 340
    Options

I can remember two instances I got infinite'd.

1.Playing solo Survivor. Playing as Yui. Infinite occured when loading into the match. Killer was Twins. Perk loadout: Kindred, Small Game, Boon: Shadow sth, Inner Healing. Don't remember teammates. Map was Swamp something?

2. Playing solo Survivor. Playing as Yui. Infinite occured when loading into the match. Perk loadout: Kindred, For the People, Vigil, Renewal (in my next match FtP didn't activate Renewal fyi so don't combo these.) No idea about teammates. Killer was Trapper with Red Mori. Map: Coal Tower.

Both times didn't bring any items or offerings. Don't remember what challenges were active. Playing via Steam (PC).

• Gorehoff
    Gorehoff Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2021
    Options

This has been happening to me a lot since yesterday morning. It only happens when loading into a game for me. I'm on PC and it seems to happen more when I have crossplay on, though still does happen sometimes with crossplay off. No problem loading into a lobby. I've had it happen when solo and with friends (survivor). I haven't had it happen while playing killer, but could just have gotten lucky.

I haven't seen any correlation with what survivor characters are in the match.

Post edited by Gorehoff on
  • Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Loading into the trial, I was Wraith. Happened yesterday, don't remember who the survivors were.

• LadyBeardly
    LadyBeardly Member Posts: 2
    Options

Loading into matches in SWF group 10/19 and 10/20. Survivors were Kate, Ace, Nea, Dwight. Sometimes joined on another survivor, sometimes accepted invite to join. Platforms PS4 and PS5. No map offerings. On 10/19 the Circle of Healing perk was being used in some cases of infinite load screen, but on 10/20 it wasn't.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 586
    edited October 2021
    Options

Had an exceptionally long load loading screen when in a duo with a friend going into the match. We were both playing the new survivor. It wasn't infinite, but it did take about what felt like 8-10 minutes to load us in.

EDIT: Cross platform ON

Post edited by Jarky on
  • Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,271
    Options

I played about 6-7 games as slinger yesterday with no problems, only using that green rarity one from a couple of rifts back.

• PH1LL1P88
    PH1LL1P88 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021
    Options

It was loading into the match. I was streaming at the time so it should be in the vod. Edit: Cross platform was on.

Post edited by PH1LL1P88 on
  • Chaotic_Wretch
    Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94
    Options

Loading into a match as a solo survivor as Meg. 2 pc players(one being me) 2 cross-platform. Unaware of the killer's platform. Azarov offering burned. New seed offering burned. Cake and pudding burned.

• Mandy
    Options

I've just added an edit to the original post - are you playing with cross platform switched on or off?

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

PC - Steam, Crossplay enabled

I had it happen to me a couple times now, and I'm pretty sure both times there were three of us on PC and one on console. That's the only consistency I can recall.

• North9958
    North9958 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021
    Options

This has been happening to me as killer on pc. I regular matchmake into a lobby just fine, but then when it gets to the loading screen into the actual trial it doesn’t load. And then usually someone leaves the game because it’s taking too long and then I get sent to the end screen with “Error code: 500”. Yesterday I ended up loading into a couple matches but not until after like eight minute loading screens. I really would like to play the game so hopefully you guys find a way to resolve it soon. I can provide more information if needed.

EDIT: i am have cross-platform on. This is also happening to me on survivor. I haven't been able to load into a game for 24 hours now.

EDIT 2: played with cross-platform off and i loaded in fine!!! That might be the issue.

Post edited by North9958 on
  • cthael
    cthael Member Posts: 7
    Options

This happened to me when I was trying to join a match - I made it through the lobby with no problems.

The loading was initiated by me selecting play as killer from the title screen and selecting The Hag (so matchmaking?

I was playing with cross-platform on. Most of the players were on console every time, I was on PC. It's happened every match I've tried to play for the last 2 days.

I reported this as a bug in a separate post and included the log:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288578/infinite-load-screen

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited October 2021
    Options

I had a really long load time to get into a match yesterday evening. It was autohaven wreckers, I thought somebody had dropped out but once we finally got in the game progressed normally with everyone present. It was about a 3-4 minute load time.

I am on PS5, normal match, solo queue, crossplay enabled, but I can't remember which survivors were there with me. I played Kate Denson.

It's only happened the once so far, fingers crossed. Normally loading into a match doesn't go over 30 seconds though unless someone disconnects.

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
    Options

I was solo survivor, nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. The loading screen came up and the loading bar filled up, then nothing happened, it just stayed there while the DBD logo at the bottom right kept highlighting

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Loading into a match, killer ps4. At start bar goes good, but at the very end (pratically full) the match will never start (waiting 5 to 10 minutes, 3 match in a row now... But before I have 2 game with no problems to start... But with tremendous lag with survivor teleporting) .

• whereismykebab
    whereismykebab Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2021
    Options

Two of the games today (so far) had a very long loading screen that resulted in Error code 500. Yesterday or the day before there was actually a player that disconnected during loading, however the match started, the killer found me and chased me for 10-20 seconds before the match got aborted.

• Szarman
    Szarman Member Posts: 246
    Options

I think I found a way to fix this issue when you play as a Killer. Not forever, but it works for some time. If you have infinite loading screen you need to:

• Turn off the game
    • Start the game again
    • After you start the game, you need to search for the lobby without new survivor (Mikaela)
    • When there is no Mikaela in the lobby just ready up
    • The game should load up without problems, and after this game every game should load.

I think that should work for you guys. :D

• plusmoore
    plusmoore Member Posts: 5
    Options

has happened three times via solo queue. cross platform play via PS4 and all three times i was a survivor.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Just had it again. Mikeala was one of the survivors.

• Machine
    Machine Member Posts: 3
    Options

Long load times, mainly as killer loading in match using matchmaking. Game just froze and kicked me out two killed Mori, and the game crashed when a survivor was rescued and I hit her she had the white outline when they’re invincible. Sorry new don’t know all the perks.

• Lecarde
    Lecarde Member Posts: 3
    Options

I had this issue a lot yesterday and few times today. I am playing on PC, through Steam.

• The issue occurs when loading into a match. Loading into lobbies is fine for me.
    • The loading is initiated through starting the match and waiting for it to begin.
    • It does not happen in every match. I could have 3 matches that work back to back, then 3 infinite load screens.
    • I am a survivor main so I have not tried playing killer to see if the issue happens there too.
    • Accepting or giving invites is fine. Loading into lobbies is fine. For me the issue is always when you are about to load into the match.
    • The issue happens if I am solo, in a group of 2, or group of 3. (have not played in a full premade survivor group)
    • It did not matter what survivors were in the lobby, whether Mikaela was there or not, the issue would happen.
    • Cross-play had been enabled for all of yesterday and most of today.

I was just playing with my friend 5 mins ago before he had to go back to work. We had issues loading into 2 matches. I found this thread and I seen the comment about cross-play. We both disabled cross-play and tried to play again and it worked.

So with cross play disabled we both got into a match on our first try. I am going to attempt more games after I post this message with cross-play disabled and see if it still works.

• McNady
    McNady Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    Options

I believe it is happening for us when someone is running a heal other survivors challenge

crossplay:on

just tested this and it seems to be true while in a 4 man group

• RogueNOTH
    RogueNOTH Member Posts: 55
    Options

PC/Steam Crossplay Enabled

I have this problem the most when I play as a Killer, I also experienced it as a Survivor. As a Survivor, I am a solo player and I usually have this problem after first entering the game and playing 1-2 matches.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,333
    edited October 2021
    Options

Crossplay off on Xbox One X.

Happened when loading into a match. Killer was Myers, 3 Mikaela's and a Jonathan, map was Temple of Purgation. No Offerings were burned.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

It usually happens to me whenever I tab out of DBD during the loading screen. But it can still happen even if I stay in the game, but not as often

• KorghanisAgain
    KorghanisAgain Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2021
    Options

It happens more than half the time for me - so "sporadically" is a vast understatement. I basically can't play the game.

It happens for both Surv and Killer games.

It happens regardless of chosen character or offerings.

It happens with cross-play on - which I cannot turn off for my region.

It only happens when trying to load into a game.

It happens with and without Mikaela in the group of chosen survivors.

Post edited by KorghanisAgain on
  • Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,135
    edited October 2021
    Options

Infinite loading screens has been happening ever since you released Mikaela.

Has happened to me for 2 days now.

Everytime it happens i lose my offering and i have to alt del control out of the game

Been playing with SWF teams, usually 2-3 man.

Played as Mikaela, Meg, Cheryl , Still the loading in the game screen was infinite.

Happens on PC/steam, we tested both crossplay on and off still happened.

Post edited by Hannacia on
  • VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

Happening on playstation. I turned cross play off and it helped a little but now I'm getting the infinite loading screen again. Playing mostly solo survivor.

• Owl_UwU
    Owl_UwU Member Posts: 4
    Options

PC - Crossplay off. most recently I was oni in the pregame lobby with 2 mikaelas, 1 feng and 1 meg.

It's happened for survivor as well, with crossplay on.

Just 10~ minutes of loading into the match before it cancels and gives error code 500 because players close their game to get out of the loading screen

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256
    Options

Wait until they add skillchecks to the loading screen

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Just played a full match with 3 (annoying) Mikealas and a Jill.

I was Doctor and loaded in to Hawkins.

At this point, I can't see any obvious pattern for the infinite loading screens.

• oberon880
    oberon880 Member Posts: 3
    Options

First match of the day, never stopped loading, trying to do the midnight Grove challenge, survivor

This discussion has been closed.