Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Midnight Grove Event Challenges not counting correctly

So I've recently noticed that a couple of the new Midnight Grove Event Challenges (Halloween Hook and Scrap Yard) are not working the same way as the challenges in the last Rift Tome. Instead of counting the total number of TIMES you are hooking on a tangled hook, or kicking a generator, it seems to be counting the number of DIFFERENT hooks or generators you are performing the action on. A friend of mine was working on the Halloween Hook challenge last night and despite traveling farther to hook the survivors on the tangled hook (there were only 2 in the trial) and getting about 5 hooks total, he only got credit for ONE hook in the challenge instead of the three needed to complete the challenge.

This morning, the same thing happened to me with the Scrap Yard challenge. I was playing the Wraith and really just doing a lot of generator kicking to prolong the game so I wasn't really keeping track. But when I finished the trial, I only got credit for 4 of the 5 generators. I know I was kicking them correctly so the only thing I can deduce is that I only kicked 4 different generators since the survivors finished a couple of generators early on before I got to them to kick them.

If this behavior is by design, then please change the challenge wording to reflect that you need to do the action to different objects so that the objectives are clear. Thanks!

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Acenoid
    Acenoid Member Posts: 5

Confirmed.

Leatherface hooked all survivors on tangled hooks, but got only credited 1 hook.

Map was midwich elementary school and the challenge was "halloween hook". (left side middle next to the prologue)

• Zariva83
    Zariva83 Member Posts: 45

Freddy hooked survivors 6 times on tangled hook (always the same) and only got credit for 2.

Did you by any chance mean hook 6 DIFFERENT survivors?