Technician should work on every action

Options

And not only generator repair. Healing, self-healing, sabotage, totems, all of that produce sounds, although not ultra loud, a good killer can spot a survivor because of these. Technician, while being a sweet perk, lacks of use, and this buff would make it a nice alternative in high rank when every detail matters.

Comments

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

@Soren said:
    And not only generator repair. Healing, self-healing, sabotage, totems, all of that produce sounds, although not ultra loud, a good killer can spot a survivor because of these. Technician, while being a sweet perk, lacks of use, and this buff would make it a nice alternative in high rank when every detail matters.

bUt a TEchnICiAn RepAirs nOT heAls1!!1!!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

I actually like this idea. Would make it worth considering and fit in some stealth builds.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

On the same note relating to sounds though, I think they need to improve the sound on Stridor as well.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Soren said:

Well Adapt: You prepare for the worst and hope for the best. For every successful skill check, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. When Well Adapt has tokens, failed skill checks are considered as good skill checks and consume 1 token.

What do you think about this? Technician is my favorite perk besides sole survivor.
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

@Blueberry said:
    On the same note relating to sounds though, I think they need to improve the sound on Stridor as well.

I do as well. Outside of chase, with every sound in the environment (fire barrel, gens, background sounds and music), it's hard to rely on Stridor breathing most of the time. During a chase, the music is too loud for Stridor injured sound to be efficient (I wanted to use it to mindgame with Pig). Outside of chase, Stridor injured sound is good, but Bloodhound and Nurse's Calling are more effective.

@Nickenzie said:
    Well Adapt: You prepare for the worst and hope for the best. For every successful skill check, receive a token up to a maximum of 3/4/5 tokens. When Well Adapt has tokens, failed skill checks are considered as good skill checks and consume 1 token.

What do you think about this? Technician is my favorite perk besides sole survivor.

Heh, why not, sounds a bit weak but could work in anti-Doc builds I guess?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Soren said:

@Blueberry said:

I do as well. Outside of chase, with every sound in the environment (fire barrel, gens, background sounds and music), it's hard to rely on Stridor breathing most of the time. During a chase, the music is too loud for Stridor injured sound to be efficient (I wanted to use it to mindgame with Pig). Outside of chase, Stridor injured sound is good, but Bloodhound and Nurse's Calling are more effective.

@Nickenzie said:

Heh, why not, sounds a bit weak but could work in anti-Doc builds I guess?

Stake Out + Well Adapt would be nasty since Well Adapt counts fail skill checks as good skill checks and Stake Out counts good skill checks as great skill checks! :)
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Soren said:

That buff would be on the same level as the Calm Spirit buff.
    No reason behind it beside just some stupid buff to survivor for free.
    How did Calm Spirit make them not scream?? Wouldn't that a buff needed for Iron Will?
    So why should technician work for heals? Are survivor cyborgs now?

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

@Soren said:

I think they should just add stealth mechanics to these other options, like botany knowledge can reduce noises for healing, small game reduces noises for totem breaking, and sabotage etc.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Soren said:

@Nickenzie That's actually a really cool idea. You should make a thread about it and tag the devs so they can see it!
  • No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Soren said:

Better name would be deft hands because of the fact your careful doing a skill check and all that, but that would only really cater to people bad at skill checks, so maybe something extra like you do all these things 20/40/60% quieter

• Wowz261
    Wowz261 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Soren said:

I like this idea especially when paired with stake out.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Please no one perk fixes for multiple things. It ruins the balance of a 4 perk system if you have a single perk that covers a wide range of situations. Perks are better as a tactical choice that address  specific circumstances. Adding more effects only decreases the value of perk choice during loadout. Its no longer important because 1 slot now covers what 2 or 3 would have.