Just a little note to selfish tryharding people

Options

Comments

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Because a lot of the types who complain the killer didn't throw the match when someone DC'd, are the same who will DC when they get downed early, or if the map/killer isn't to their liking. If people admitted it was survivors hurting each other by doing DC's, they'd likely have to admit that means they are hurting others when they themselves DC. By just blaming the killer for not picking up the slack, the survivor can avoid any guilt from leaving their teammates. It's not THEIR fault, it's the KILLERS fault.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Killers are punished for camping and tunneling your team mates need to stop trying to go for that save unless they have borrowed time and let gens pop off one after another. Like any dog you have to train bad manners and force them off of the player in order to get them away from those dying on a hook.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I would argue that trying to tell other people how to play is selfish.

Some people don't play this game for hours on end and can only play a couple of matches. So it's really not hard to see why they would want the void match to be over with asap so they might be able to get a real match in time.

Personally I hold back the gaspedal a bit but you really shouldn't be demanding it.

Like someone else said. Focus your anger and frustration on the person that actually left you instead of the person who has to deal with the aftermath

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

It's funny how y'all do not care about others, but then again spitting curses left and right about bm, clicks and tbaging a minute later in other posts. Make up your mind.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I get what you are saying and as a killer i try to at least give a hatch to the last person if there has been afk /DC but im not going to farm..

Also theres been so many salty girls and boys lately that DC just for the fun of it ..

Yesterday i had a match as spirit i wasnt able to kill anyone..the doors were open and i happened to get 1 of them to the hook and that person dced... ok fine i caught another one because they started to play around showing me how superior they were against me and this person was on death hook so he /she dced.. and i know they were purpose oh boohoo i lost dces because they typed in the end game chat.

Dont expect killers to play nice when most of the survivors dont.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,003
    Options

Forget it, there is no such thing as "compassion" or "etiquette" in this community. Being nice is looked down upon by players, as you can see in this thread. Eat or be eaten, BM or be BM'd. Being toxic is now part of the game, if you are not - you are bad at the game.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited October 2021
    Options

I agree with you but as you can see in the comments below your post, the vast majority of the community is toxic and selfish. That's how the world is, bringing more and more toxic situations but ppl still continue thinking they have the right as only their own miserable life matters.

That's the main problem in this game and all others, selfishness. "My enjoyment is more important than yours and most of the time my enjoyment only exist because I destroy yours". Imagine how trash their IRL life might be to have such a mindset...

• Winchester89
    Winchester89 Member Posts: 85
    Options

Is the Survivor Rulebook for Killers a real rule book? Every 2nd round dc'd a Surv. Should I be nice all the time about that?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

There are two kinds of people in this community -- the ones who see this as a social interaction between five people, and the ones who see it as five solo interactions with the game. I'm in the first group, so obviously I'm going to try to let people get points if they played a bunch of offerings -- that's what we're all there to do. People in the second group confuse me.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Right you are. But you gonna live with others judging your behaviour :)

• tennmio
    Options

True :(

What those people don't understand is that everyone can behave selfish. And if everyone just went the easy way, only caring for their own needs this world would be a horrible place. Just because some of us try to take into account what others want, feel and need doesn't mean we aren't capable of behaving selfish. Like we could, we just decide to behave like the decent person we want to be even if it isn't beneficial for us.

I won't change though, cause only caring for oneself is easy but takes away a lot of humanity.

• tennmio
    Options

Same :)

Like how can someone on the one hand get offended if they get a critical message about their behaviour from a person but on the other hand believe that they can treat the other people in the game however they like to? As if they're really surprised that they were interacting with people. How can the criticism be real to you, but the interaction isn't because it happened in a game? Makes no sense to me unless I add egoism and entitlement.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,667
    Options

TIL that wanting to spend as little time as possible in an unfun/unfair/lopsided match to get to a better one is toxic :(

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

You decide how you want to play based on whatever you value. But you don't get to be offended if your actions cause critique. You 'll have to live with that, as much as other people have to put up with your behaviour.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

Right, but your decisions and actions are indeed your responsibility. If you don't like being judged as selfish you'll have to adapt your decisions and actions. If you don't want to change anything. Fine. But you don't get to be offended if your actions cause critique. You'll have to live with that, just like everyone else has to put up with your behaviour.

The people you treat however in the game, are people during the game and they will still be people after the game. If they decide to tell you their judgment about your behaviour, you'll have to endure it.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

I am getting a little tired of writing the same thing repeatedly.

To everyone feeling entitled to play how they wish that expect for others to keep quiet:

Yes, as long as you follow the game rules you can behave however you like to in the game. But your behaviour does not vanish into nothing cause it is a game. Your behaviour is real and if someone calls your behaviour out you'll have to live with that. Yes, you might not like it or feel like it is not justified, because you seperate your behaviour in game from reality. But the way you behave in game will cognitivly and emotionally affect other real people. Therefore you don't get to be offended by their critique or judgment.

If there was an in game communication and your behaviour would be commented as you act you wouldn't be as surprised by the judgment and critique, so why would you be if you get the judgment after the game? If you think about it you'll realize that it doesn't make any sense.

If our actions in social interactions have an influence on other people, we have to accept that they might respond to our behaviour. Simple as that.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

as long its not done to be toxic, everything is fair game

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

I had this earlier, I hooked the others once then let them do gens and escape, I’m not going to sweat at 5 gens because some1 left early, got messages after saying thank you, I felt quite happy after lol but hey not everyone who plays killer is nice.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

I think survs expecting killers to play stupid. nice are the selfish ones.

• ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2021
    Options

Imagine wanting to play normally in a pvp game, instead of farming when the enemy team sabotages themselves. Couldn't be me.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

Because I don't owe you anything and I'm not a bot for you to exploit.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Options

In other circumstances, I'd agree with you, but during these events both teams turn extensively toxic towards one another. I've been trying to have normal games as Killer and I get nothing, but flashclickers and people who swarm up at me whenever I get a down and proceed to bully me. So, I can't blame Killers for wanting "easy" games too.

Whenever I get a DC, I try to play normal, but chances are another people will DC and all I can do is give the last person hatch or door depending.

You say show some empathy, well, you should try to play Killer during these events. Believe me when I say Survivors can be just as toxic.

• tennmio
    Options

I just had a game with 3 people bringing bloodpoint offerings and no one except for the killer got more then 9.000 bps. A Huntress on coldwind. The player disabled everything messages, friendrequest etc.

As if this person is not aware of how terrrible they behave?! I have nothing disabled cause I am behaving like a decent person and if I fail to do so I take responsibility for my actions. But those kinds of people are just children-like, entilted and refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

I play killer ;). I play both roles equally. I experience some games like that too, but it isn't the mayority. If the survivors decide to play toxic, no one expects the killer to be nice to them. I have never ever heard someone saying that if survivors tbag and flshlightclick and swarm you, that you are supposed to be all happy, nice and let them bully you.

Why would toxic, selfish behaviour be ok in any situation? Guess what: It is just not ok.

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228
    Options

Enemy? you mean the poor little humans that you are killing? How about calling them victims? (Boys are dogs)

• tennmio
    Options

How is it selfish to expect everyone to stick to fairplay? Please explain, cause that just doesn't make sense.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Oh man does this frustrate me.

If you are running around the hook while I'm hooking, then I hook and down you - it's not camping.

If you run directly off the hook into me, I'm taking the shot - and that's not tunneling.

• tennmio
    Options

Well yes, no one playing in an online multiplayer is a bot. It's all human beings. Therefore it is a social interaction and everyones behaviour can be judged by anyone. The behaviour is real and can influence the other people. Therefore you are responsibile for your actions.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Reading through the comments shows that it is BHVR's responsibility to ensure their game is fair for both sides. There is too much "trust" in the overpowered Killer role to ensure the match is fair and fun. Survivor perks, like Decisive Strike, need to be buffed for multiple uses with a pausable timer so it can't be exploited. Camping needs to be way more punishable. Survivors need more ways to escape the match so there is no no-win scenarios that killers can exploit such as sitting on 3 gens.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Eh, I don't really have it in me to be toxic. I honestly feel bad for survivors sometimes, especially since maybe every second game has someone AFK or suiciding to drop their MMR.

That said, if you teabag or flick me, I'm going to attempt to remove you from the match, even at the expense of other objectives. If you want my attention so badly, do not complain when you get it.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

I know, but when it comes to DbD I do unto others BEFORE they can do unto me

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

As much as it sucks, Id rather just move on to the next game as soon as possible

• tennmio
    Options

Selfdefence. But that means that your behaviour is part of the problem as you are starting it. If you are ok with you starting toxicness off you go.

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256
    Options

You know, 1 survivor dcing when I'm playing killer isn't my problem.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

That person did not say (nor did anyone else say) that it is your or anyones problem. But not_Queef is right saying that it is sad that people like you are offended by the mere suggestion of fairplay and empathy.

I'd extend this statment saying that it isn't only sad but also worrying. And that you indeed are always at all times responsible for your decisions and actions. As well as the fact that you don't get to be offended by being judged for your behaviour.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    edited October 2021
    Options

And there is the problem. If they were in a LAN party playing the way they do, they would get their asses beat.

If I am WRECKING a team and they are struggling, I'm happy to chill a bit. I'll even let them get down to two gens and then kill them all. Points for all! Yes I understand some people are selfish and no one should be told how to play, but as they said up above, a little common sense goes a long way.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • tennmio
    Options

What would you call people that behave like that? Nice? Empathic? Good?

Why would anyone that is nice, empathic (emotionally and cognitive), altruistic and good behave like that? Right, they would not. A satisfied person usally feels no need to act sadistic, selfish or toxic. That leads to the assumption that maybe those people are not very satisfied and therefore try to feel better about themselves by behaving in those ways.

The responsibility of ones actions lie by those people. If someone dc's they are responsibile for it and no one else. If it's a 3 vs 1 everyone is still responsible for their own decisions and actions according to the given circumstances. You cannot blame the person that dc'ed for your decision to go all tryhard. It is your responsibility at that point.

Like you all remeber when killers could get stuck on trees and in paletts? I had rounds getting stuck with different outcomes based on what kind of people I was playing with. Everybody knew that the killer could get out if a survivor let's him-/herself get downed and picked up. Getting stuck was the fault of the game, it was a buck and no one was responsible for it. I experienced both. Toxic survivors that taunted me, bullied me and farmed bloopoints off off my situation. And I had survivors helping me get out of the situation that wasn't my or their fault. That exactly shows the difference of a good person and the others. They did not have to help me to get out and get their bloodpoints. But those that decided to help me get out, are the good people.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

Any human is able to assess the need of actions in a certain situation. If I realize that I am going against chill players or unexperienced or whatever I don't have to tryhard to win. No need to tunnel or camp. Doing it any way even if really unnecesary is what makes it wrong.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • tennmio
    Options

How you decide to behave is still your responsibility.

• tennmio
    Options

This was just 1 example. I can be the other way around as well. And it's not like morals, fairplay and respect only apply to killer role.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

Some comment here leave the impression that not everyone is capable of feeling guilt... . If I am mistaken, that would be a good thing. I honestly hope I am wrong. And yes I kind of am inducing guilt.

That is how morals plus emotional empathy work, you know? People know that something isn't considered ok, they feel guilt and remorse if they do it anyways. Not doing something considered wrong in society because you know that people will judge you in a way you don't want to be seen. If there was no such thing in society we'd face really harsh problems. Every person is capable of selfish behaviour, some have a harder time to no behave egoistic compared to others, but everyone could if they decide to do so.

If everyone did, the world would be a different and less enjoyable place.

Just some people have gone through life thinking that they are entitled to behave selfishly all the time and they don't realize that if everyone did they wouldn't have it their way anymore. Isn't it better to take your needs and wants back every now and then and consider what other peoples needs are, if everyone does it? Even more so if what you'll have to give up on isn't even that big (like staying in a game a little longer and play fair, like you are still going to win you just give them a chance to have a good experience without loosing anything but some time (and maybe sadistic pleasure))?

I'd say yes. Imagine how playing this game would be if everyone altrustic, fair and respectful would leave... . I have a feeling (compared to when I started to play) that we've already lost a bunch of good people. When I started there has barely ever been anyone tryharding with no need to, no one sandbagging (only maybe in friendsgroups for fun without targeting randoms), no one getting others to believe they want to farm but then if they see the chance kill everyone instantly. All that sadistic behaviour, bringing someone to the hatch but hooking them beside it. Letting someone open the door to kill them right by the exit, etc. There was nothing like that the first year maybe even two playing this game.

I am sure that not pointing out the wrongdoing, not "guilt tripping" (as you call it) lead to this situation where that kind of behaviour is a daily.

Toxicness leads to more toxicness, so I rather have people feel guilt tripped then enabling toxicity. And this starts in the small things, as fairplay, respect, taking responsibility and adjusting ones behaviour to the situational circumstances.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Survivors can't deny the killer a fair and fun game though. The killer is the only one that has the power to do that through camping and tunneling. The killer can sit still the entire game and still get 4 BBQ stacks and walk away with 20K points. Survivors can't do that.

• copperysinger5
    copperysinger5 Member Posts: 19
    Options

The real tryhards are the survivors that come here to this forum to demand killers to obey like a pet. It's a video game! You play to win, the opponent plays to win. A video game is not the place to seek strangers to give empathy and sorrow for your losses but a psychiatrist office is.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

I think everyone should be playing the way they want.

If a killer wants to try har even when people dc, then it's their right to do so.

If a survivor wants to gen rush then they could.

Just play your game the way you want and don't tell other people how to play their game 😉✌️

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    Options

Empathy goes both ways, and it is rare seeing empathy from survivor side.