Just a little note to selfish tryharding people

Options

If 1 person dc's right at the beginning and 2 people brought bloodpointofferings for everyone, maybe consider not tunneling, camping and slugging people. With 0 gens done, ruin up, on a map (midvich) that you decided to go to. With you having good perks and add ons, when those survivors don't even bring 1 meta perk.

For those about to complain: No I don't expect someone to farm, I don't want to farm. BUT one can play differently in a 3 vs 1. Be respectful, don't tunnel/camp. Give survivors at least a chance to get some points. Just behave like a feeling, empathic human being, it's all I ask (if that isn't true for you, just play as if you posessed those qualities, like an actor).

Tbh I wish the devs would punish tunneling and camping in 3 vs 1's when bp offerings were brought. Like there is NO acceptable reason to play that disgustingly selfish if you are already having an advantage.

Comments

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567
    Options

i pretty much immediately stop taking the game seriously if a survivor turns it into a 3v1 (i.e. for all intents and purposes a 99% lost game) right off the bat, barring the three remaining ones doing something to aggravate me but that's extremely rare and i pretty much always got 'thanks for trying to make an actual game out of it'

in a lot of ways it turns into a way more productive/dumber (in a fun way) match where everyone gets a ton more bp than hammering out the gens and bolting out the gate with like 12k points, but i'm probably a bit of a rarity in this regard and i don't expect most killers to care, as they tend not to when a solo team crashes so hard that they give up like 6 hook states in short order at 4 or 5 gens

that said there are killers that will witness that spectacle and just go '[eep] it' and let people finish all five gens and all escape and refuse to hook anyone, it really varies what all you get with different killers

but i'm dead sure more of them would be meme-y if they didn't get poor treatment from some survivors, particularly after letting them go

• Rhoska
    Rhoska Member Posts: 273
    edited October 2021
    Options

As Killer Im a lot more relaxed when a Survivor DCs, so I dont push the remainder near as hard and might do more goofy things myself as well.

No point in going all out on a 3team, as if it was a 4man threat.

Had a bizzarre game today as Survivor, where whilst I was doing gens and wondering ######### is going on with the constant hooking I could see with Kindred, I ran over and found the Killer and Survivors taking turns getting BPs :O

So I got inline, and took my Hooks too :D At the end Killer let us all out and we waved goodbye.

PS: Exception: If I have a challenge slotted that I can capitalize on by having only 3team, I will, despite their handicap.

• Nayru
    Options

speaking of bp offerings on that subject one thing that perturbs me is seeing like 2-3 party streamers and then getting genrushed in 3m or so (i tend not to run any gen defense perks on a lot of killers cough) and them flying out the gate with many teabags and about 9-11k points

like breh i wouldn't even kill any of you after 2nd hook i just want some fat bp come baaaaaaaAAAAAAAAACK AT LEAST TAKE HATCH AUGH

• wxnickxw
    wxnickxw Member Posts: 740
    Options

Because it's currently a very effective strategy to win. Same reason people camp the hook right off the start if they don't DC. The DC just makes it all the more effective

This post is in no way a criticism of the dbd devs and should not be taken as such. It is also not intended to point out any forum rules being violated both of which are understood to be against forum rules.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

well before dc penalties were off, i think a lot of killers just tried to end the game asap because it's boring/uninteresting to have a 3 v 1 from the start although ironically a section of the killer playerbase make their main strat tunnelling one dude out as fast as humaely possible so

idk, personally i don't mind letting survivors get some points but i don't wanna waste anyones time either

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,902
    Options

I'm pretty sure you're gonna win in a 3 vs 1 most of the time... even without camping, tunneling, and slugging. It's just a bit much.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Who knows how the last match went for the Killer/Survivor(s)

• Nayru
    Options

swf works in mysterious ways, but i'll never understand how people can still be so scared of dying later in the match when even just one global bp offering means probably one decent chase with the killer is the equivalent of escaping bp-wise

i guess if you're programmed to slam those gens and immerse then +bp's is like 'time to raise my apm' *holds m1*

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options
  • tennmio
    Options

Who exactly forces you? As my post shows: Nobody is forced.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

What would you call it if not playing nice? Playing mean?

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

Rofl. A survivor almost has to DC for a killer to win on Midwich unless it's Nurse.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    edited October 2021
    Options

Personally, as the killer, I ALWAYS scale back the efforts as a gesture of goodwill to fellow players. However, I am also a considerate and compassionate killer player lol

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

@ ThickBudhha

"What would you call it if not playing nice? Playing mean?"

Somehow the quote option isn't working for me.

Playing normal? You do know, that there is barely ever a black and white to anything. It's mostly grey all the time. One can play nice, chill, fair, normal, competitive, tryhard, unfair, disgusting and everyhing in between.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

For me, playing nice is my normal, I suppose. I always play how I would like the killer to play if I was survivor, under normal circumstances. Challenges and BM (which is not how the rest of the community defines it in my case) bring out the killer main who burns the survivor rulebook in front of the church of survivor mains.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

Nobody but the person that dc'ed is responsible for it, therefore there is no need in stating the obvious. But it is selfish to just decide to make sure nobody but you will have fun, it is your responsibility if you decide to tunnel and camp in a 3 vs.1. Having no sense for fairness isn't anything to be proud of. Only caring for oneselfs needs and wishes is selfish. You don't like to be called selfish? Well it is your and only your responsibility how you decide on how to act.

Btw I don't care for bloodpoints neighter and I got out. This is not for me (I know I know, some of you cannot even a bit understand why I would care for unknown survivors but you know that is called emotional empathy :) You should try to get some it makes great people), but I do feel bad for those that spend the bloodpoint offerings getting nothing out of it and leaving the game with less then 10.000. What kind of person does that and does not care about others?

Just because I don't care about bloodpoints, doesn't mean I have to ignore and dismiss how others feel about it. It is not like playing fair, respectful and giving oportunities would cost me ANYTHING (or anyone playing killer for that matter). It would be pure egoism to not do play the game the right way.

You want to act selfish? Go ahead. No one will stop you. Except you don't get to ask for people to not judge you on your behaviour. That is a rightful thing for anyone to do: Judge people on how they behave.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

Nobody tells you how to play. Btw what is it with the I paid for it so I can do whatever I want thing? Morals don't care if you paid for something or not. Moral right behaviour is right in any circumstance. You write as if anyone forces you to play in a specific way. No one does that. You want to act selfish, go ahead. Be an egoist. No one can stop you. You have all the power to behave however you wish.

Doesn't that make you happy? What you don't get to ask is how others judge your behaviour. You gotta live with that.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I do generally play nice myself if there's an early DC as killer mainly because I know how much it sucks to have that happen.

However I do acknowledge that it would be horribly selfish of me to expect others to do the same when they aren't in the wrong for what happened.

The killer isn't the one who did anything wrong its the survivor who DCed who cause it.

• tennmio
    Options

If you read some of the posts here you might get an idea as to why some survivors do that. I can tell you some storys about sadistic psychopathic behaviour of killers that I would have never thought of. Then again I am a good person, I am always surprised how disgusting some people behave (mostly when they behave in a way I couldn't even imagine). Some people just aren't good in their core and that can lead to mayor distrust in those experiencing it. I usually don't care enough about winning loosing to not give the people I'm playing with and agaist the benefit of a doubt whether they're good or bad. But if they turn out to be bad, if possible I'll make sure they know what I know.

But you still got a point in that.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

This is a survivor problem so don't ever expect anything to be done about it. They actually removed the hatch to increase slugging for a 4K. I have yet to see a killer not slug for the 4K when I was the 4th one. Just walk up to the killer and ask to be killed. Extremely killer sided game.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

I never said they told me how to play, I said that they suggest that I play a way to make it more fun for them. Also I don't get how playing a certain way = you are an egoist/selfish I guess I can turn that moral question around on you.

• tennmio
    Options

How is it selfish to expect moral good behaviour from another human being? Or would you be happy if the killer you gave you the hatch? Then I guess, I understand what you mean by "horribly selfish...".

You know I am much about integrity. If the killer camps and tunnels everyone except for me and then tries to rehabilitate him-/herself and his/her conscience by offering the hatch or door to me, I don't take it. I don't care for winning or loosing. I care for morals, respect and every person trying to be a good and decent person (with loyality, integrity, respect, honesty, ethical attitude, empathy (emptionally and cognitivly), a sense for justice and fairness, helpfulness, responsibility).

• Nayru
    Options

probably a decent indication is if the killer has zero interest in sticking around the hook or is only starting to proxy to some degree as a lot of gens go by, but there isn't really a metric to figure out if anyone's going to be a [richard] or not until they are yeah

if i did get the opportunity to kill someone in a multi-streamer game though and i wasn't being bagged and sagged + gen speeds didn't tell me that they were only interested in escaping i'd probably just leave someone on ground on death hook, tend to do that a lot for sudden 3v1 games anyway

• tennmio
    Options

If someone behaves selfish. What would you call that? If someone continues to behave selfishly what would you call that person?

If someone has no reason and no gain from behaving selfishly but still behaves selfishly, how would you interpret that?

• Brimp
    Options

Those questions make no sense. What does the role killer mean to you? Cause by what you're saying it seems like it means baby sitter to you. I personally like to play the killer role of killing survivors not limiting myself because one person was selfish. Me continuing to play normally never makes me selfish. If anything I think its selfish to think someone should play nice because of "morals" it's an online game you will people that have little to no morals for other because they try to win.

• tennmio
    Options

Yeah I tend to do the same. But unlike when I started to play, there is nearly no one left that trusts anyone anymore. It was a common thing when I started that you were communicating no only with your teammates but also sometimes with the killer. In the first and 2nd year of playing I helped multiple killers and survivors to get throphies, bloodpoints or whatever if they indicated it. It wasn't all that competetive it was more fun because the people were different. Back then I've never once encountered someone being dishonest.

Nowadays I know, that some special people and their behaviour seem to have had a deep impact for many people. To me that is very very sad. Especially how those people think that their behaviour has 0 impact and that they can just behave in the most horrible ways and do not realize that they do change others.

• Nayru
    Options

aha, i'm still one of the sorts where if i run across something that shouldn't be occurring i tend to stop and stare for a bit at worst or the entire round devolves into a meme 'at best'

in a wraith on haddonfield game (so i was already a bit moody) there was two people remaining, someone with two hook stages left and one with one hook stage left

i got on the guy with two who was hammering a gen who ran over to a pallet and threw it down on the wrong side of it and just stood there staring at me while facing away from me as i was uncloaking

i stopped uncloaking and stared and he pointed at me several times and i took it as 'pls [eep] off thx' and i thought to myself 'ye okay fair enough lol' and went to go whap the death hook girl and consider hatch

aha, but perhaps due to stbfl and him being obsession he got too spoiled because he thought when i couldn't get a bead on her + he was the one i needed for 12 hooks total and thought pointing at me would be a silver bullet for the rest of the match, it wasn't

i forget what happened after she rescued him but i can't help but screw around when the game's drawing to a close if people play along

it is pretty sad though yeah, in the midst of all this 'winning or abusing eachother = the goal', stuff like this is true memorable victory to me

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,902
    Options

It is sad. I almost always play nice when I play killer and someone leaves early. I sometimes kill them all, but I do give them a chance and I don't play scummy.

• tennmio
    edited October 2021
    Options

It is one side to play on this game. That is what playing killer means to me. Just like survivor, it is one side of two to play in dbd.

Morals do apply always, they are universal and they don't vanish in any circumstance or situation. Some people stick to the implicit rules that are based on morals. Some people do not care for the implicit rules unless they benefit themselves. People that define themself as a good or decent person probably tend to stick to those rules more then others. If someone throws trash on the street it is not selfish to tell them that they should clean it up as it is bad for the enviorment and nature. You might not like people telling you that your behaviour is not ok. But you gotta endure that if you decide to violate moral rules.

And before you get started on "but this is just a game, it is not reality": Yes, it is a game, but you and the people that you play with/against are real. Yes, you playing any role will not gain or loose you anything. But yes, your behaviour is as real as the people that you are playing with/against. How you behave is as important as how you communicate with those people. Just like you wouldn't throw a door into someone that tries to walk through it behind you, you shouldn't behave your worst just because you feel like no one can see or judge.

When did I say that playing normal is selfish? I did not. Though I guess what you call "normal" is somewhere else on the scale from nice to disgusting where I would put it.

And again: You can play however you like, but you will have to take responsibility for your decisions and actions. And I and anyone that feels like it, is free to judge your behaviour however we like. Sorry if you don't like that, but your actions have consequences. Always.

• Brimp
    edited October 2021
    Options

So I ask again.. how is playing the killer role selfish when its design to kill by any means necessary. The whole goal is to kill all survivors so making one person die faster than another wouldn't be "bad morals". Like how many people actually go into a pvp game and legit wonder "Man I wonder if the enemy team cares about my fun". Like literally no one does that

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options

You dont expect survivors to show empathy to à killer when they see hes clearly missmatched skillwise

Its mostly cause its à surv perk anyway but still

And so many killers return that favir when the survivor DCs you know?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

If someone DC's, I'll end the game as quickly as I can to find an actual game. I'll camp and tunnel and maybe slug if it allows me to kill people quickly

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    Options

Um. Look I do tend to go easier on survivors when there's a DC, but you shouldn't expect to be coddled in a PvP game.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

Please stop this BS about making killers guilty. If u want to blame someone and talk about morals, then blame Dc'ed players and stop asking killers for farming. (It's exactly what you do if you don't understand it).