Dbd Is Rapidly Going Down Hill, And I don't See It Succeeding In The Future

Remove_sbmm
Remove_sbmm Member Posts: 3
edited October 2021 in Off-topic

I have owned this game since the release of Death Slinger, and I guess that you can say that I've "enjoyed it" ever since. And back then, it definitely had problems, but they where rather minor. Nowadays, there are so many problems with the game, that I could definitely see this game dying in the future. I am about to write an 8 page school essay on why this game SUCKS so much, so get your pop corn out; you'll be here for a while. Let's start with the most obvious one first.

A lot of the bugs have been in the game for a while now too. Survivors screaming but not taking damage after a hit, not being able to hit a gen in certain spots, survivors making no noise on the ground, gens making no noise after poping, ect, ect. All of these seem like simple and easy fixes to minor problems, but it takes bhvr anywhere between months and years to fix the most simple sh*t. "Boon totems can't be reach on dead dawg" what do they do? disable the map for 3 month! AND THEY STILL DIDN'T FIX IT!

I remember back in the old days when games adopted the formula of "Releasing the f*king game complete." There hasn't been a chapter that released without game breaking bugs. In the most recent chapter, The new survivor got one of her perks disabled, four map offerings disabled, infinite loading screens, crashing, and a plethora of other simple bugs that should've been fixed after the ptb. And this definitely isn't the first time they've released a chapter this f*cked up.

Now lets get into the knitty gritty of things. For a company that loves doing those chapter polls so much, they never EVER listen to the community. They excel at doing updates that not a single soul asked for, like a new hud that nobody asked for! Or new animations that looked like garbage on release. Or model changes that downgrade the survivor's face! "Whats that? You've wanted us to nerf spirit for years? F*CK IT! LETS NERF HILLBILLY!"

Half of the maps in this game are complete garbage. Have you ever loaded into haddonfeild or swap and just though "Guess I'll lose." They have proven time and time again that they have no idea what they're doing while making maps. The most recent example of this is rcpd. They copy pasted the exact same map from re2 and made minimal changes. It works fantastically... in re2. In dbd on the other hand, It is objectively the worst map that they have ever released in the game period.

The lack of variety will also kill this game sooner rather than later. The meta has always consisted of around 10 perks on both sides, with almost no other perks competing against them in terms of power. Every single game you go against the exact same build with the exact same killer, and it just makes you want to fall asleep. There has only been a single game mode for the past six years, and nobody at bhvr even thought to expand the game mode variety. Right now it is, and will always be "Hold m1/ kill survivors."

And finally, the straw that broke the camel's /my back. Bhvr has been working with Boss Protocol to convert their models to be sold as nft's. Bhvr waited until after the Pinhead chapter has been out FIVE WEEKS to tell us about the nft deal/scam, and they aren't offering refunds. Had I known this before it came out, I wouldn't have bought this chapter. The fact that they are willing to work with such blatant scams, show the amount of disregard they have for their own community.

Now lets say that you want to prevent stuff like this from ever happening again. You might be asking "How do I inconvenience the big bad bhvr Mr. Post Writer?" Well little Billy, have I got the solution for you! The only weapon that we can use against the is our voices, and our wallets. You must get vocal about your anger towards the bugs, and the nft's. The writers of Dune had an nft deal, but they dropped the deal after massive public outrage. And if that doesn't work, start attacking them with your wallet. Start refusing to buy anything from them until they have fixed the mess that is dbd, and its community. It is clear that the heads of bhvr are greedy, so a lack of income will definitely cause them to listen.

I know that this post is already way to long, but I just wanted to rant, and give a warning for the future of dbd. remember, nothing is set in stone, so maybe bhvr will learn their lesson. If you have somehow read this, feel free to leave your opinion in the comments. Ciao.

Post edited by Remove_sbmm on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

While I agree with you regarding the bugs (and especially RCPD being the worst map in the game, very poor decision on BHVR's part to try and port it like that), I do think some of this is misguided.

Mostly, regarding the single game mode and the NFT example you gave. There's really no reason to expect that there should be alternate modes in any game- just because others have them doesn't mean it's a requirement. The argument tends to go that people don't want to play the same mode over and over again, but my response to that has always been... don't? Go play something else until you feel like playing Dead By Daylight again? There's no reason to try and make this the only/primary game you play. It's not like BHVR "haven't even thought" to expand the game mode variety- they've commented on this before and said they don't really want to, which is more than fair enough. Personally, I don't think alt modes would really fit a game like DBD.

The NFT example is a much shorter critique though- the reason that worked for Dune is because Dune were the ones who made the decision, and in BHVR's case, they weren't the ones who made the decision. They literally can't stop these NFTs being made, what we should be demanding from them is a stronger statement about not knowingly working with anyone who'd make NFTs of their models again, since that's what they can do.