I just finished watching the Blair witch project

humanbeing1704
humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,966

That was actually pretty creepy I may say especially the last 10 minutes and the final scene if you know what I mean

Comments

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

It was a really good film. It was refreshingly original at the time.

Which reminds me, I was on the Mothers Dwelling map once and I went into the house and there was a Meg "doing a Blair Witch" just standing in the corner. I think she was just AFK, but after seing this film I was so freaked out! It was against the Hag too which made it feel even worse.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited October 2021

I remember my sister watching it when it first came out when I was a kiddo.

It sounded scary hearing her talk about it and saying how everything was real in that footage lol.

Years later I watched it and saw it as fake and boring.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Oh look, another excuse to post a link to my Killer concept (click it): The Blair Witch

though as many pointed out, the Witch doesn’t actually have a shape and creating a model in DbD would take away from her.

it is a great and classic horror movie for sure! The sequel is pretty bad though (still kinda liked it), there is even a third movie that came out around 2016 I think, though I never watched that.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

This one wasn't bad. At least it had a witch/monster 😲

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I actually saw it in the cinema. Crusty old fart that I am.

Yes, it's good and feel and quite unnerving on first viewing.

Coincidentally watched it again about a week ago. Still good.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,157

I watched it firstly in a crowded cinema, which kinda took away from the whole fear thing (a cinema room full of Fresher students is not the best way to watch this type of movie!)

However, I watched it alone a second time when it came out on DVD and it was way better! It was a pretty clever idea, not just because of it being filmed as an amateur documentary, but the lead up to the release on MTV and such with snippets of the interviews with both locals and the documentarians themselves.

It has undoubtably left a strong influence and legacy on the horror genre, amd whilst it wasn't the first (not sure if Cannibal Holocaust was the first neither, but it was earlier), its impact, psychological horror and style is unquestionable.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I really liked that movie. I wish I was around when it came out to really experience the confusion so many people felt as to whether or not it was a real documentary or just a movie masked as one very well. I don't think those lines could be blurred the same way today as they were back then