The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pyramid Head needs a buff or something

Lately, i've been finding Pyramid Head's gameplay kinda weak. Survivors rarely step into the wires and get torments and, worst of all, its ranged power seems to be predictable now. All survivors know how to avoid it and it feels kinda useless and a waste of time.

I think its due for a look at

Comments

• Bluebird
    Bluebird Member Posts: 297

Since the release of Nemesis, I sadly agree. Don't get me wrong, he's THE MOST interesting Killer we have, with everything he came with being a first, but now his Punishment's easily telegraphed and dodged, his trails are easy to dodge, and (if you never get caught) don't do anything that completely hinders someone. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nemesis is just an easier but worse Pyramid Head.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I would say he's fine try to place torment in loops while in chase and commit to going through the pallet cause than they'll have to make a choice the next turn either get tormented or try to find another loop quick which could almost guarantee an M1 hit or if you can read there mind before that while placing torment maybe try a punishment attack but, only if you think you'll know where the survivor will move

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Honestly, his toolkit is fine. Could definitely do with the Plague treatment though, and tighten him up. He can feel really janky.

His addons also badly need some love. Honestly...I can't think of a killer with worse addons (maybe Freddy).

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That is the kind of attitude that got Deathslinger nerfed. Those 50/50s are just unwinnable!

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Well, what can I say. This is the easiest way to play PH. It’s on the devs to create killer powers that are fun for both sides. I’m just using what the game is giving me.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

I think his basekit is fine, but his addons need some serious changes. Pretty much everything besides range is just garbage.

How does lost memories book only inflict Oblivious for 15 seconds when there's a similar nemesis addon of the same rarity that causes it for 60 seconds? And how is crimson ceremony book a purple addon?

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Yeah like Deathslinger, and that turned out well clearly.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

PH is strong enough. If a survivor drop a pallet, you always can get a hit with his ability. Survs always stands in the middle after a pallet drop or when they slide over a pallet or using a window and so on.

Maybe I am wrong but I think he is strong enough. Playing against him is always a pain in higher MMR.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Have you considered playing survivor or Civilization?

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I think he just needs a plague treament. It's not that he's weak, he's just really janky and his addon's need changes.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

We can only hope pyramid head doesn’t get nerfed into the ground like DS. But I do think PH needs some changes.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266

They just gotta nerf the telegraph of his m2 and allow it to go up or down elevation.

And change some of his garbage addons as pretty much only the range ones are viable.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

Bringback his M2 into M1

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I agree, he needs a buff.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I mostly just want him to get an add-on pass because everything green and below is just kinda boring and everything purple and above sucks ass. Hope he's on the short list after Legion and Ghost Face.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

The biggest thing is that they should make him less clunky. Even watching someone play him looks really bad, but considering what just happened to Deathslinger, i really doubt they're gonna do something about it.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 421

Honestly all he needs is an addon pass. All he has are two good addons (Yellow and green range addons) some okay-ish ones (trail duration) and some straight up garbage ones (hemorrhage on torment as a PURPLE addon, what the hell?) and highly situational iri addons. As he stands Pyramid Head has a solid kit with some god awful addons, I'd love to see some that really change up his playstyle and put in some more interesting effects.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2021

As a Pyramid main myself, I couldn't disagree more.

He is borderline perfectly designed where he is now - referring to Punishment of the Damned, I mean. He just has a very high skill floor and ceiling for landing shots, which makes sense considering the strength of his power. Punishment of the Damned is one of the strongest chasing powers in the entire game. With it, PH is the only killer except Nurse who can get a hit at any tile at any time - he is ALWAYS a threat, even more so than old Slinger. It's just that only a good PH will demonstrate this, and bad ones will constantly miss shots and only go for animation locks.

He isn't reliant on animation lock hits; those are just the easiest and most guaranteed. To truly master him, you need to practice corner shots, blind prediction shots from learning survivor movement patterns, wildly spinning from side to side with your camera while charging Rites of Judgment to make the survivors confused as to where you're going to shoot, flick shots during your increased camera sensitivity time at the start of Rites of Judgment, purposely misaiming "obvious" shots so survivors will dodge into your actual shot, etcetera. You need to get into the survivor's head and shoot accordingly - if you aim your Punishment correctly, it can be impossible to dodge during the time window unless you're at max range. And even then you can predict which way they're going to dodge and get a very satisfying hit.

I rarely fake with my power into an M1 at all while playing him, because a good PH simply doesn't need to - a well-aimed Punishment can hit the survivor anywhere as long as they're close. That's why I love him, there's always room to improve and your skill is the most important factor on whether you will get a hit, unlike Hillbilly or Pinhead for example where it is mostly up to the survivor whether they go down or not.

Pyramid Head is very hard to learn and play well, but when you do, he is one of the most fun, rewarding and strong killers there is. I agree that he should get an add-on rework, and that placing trails should be made less clunky, but Punishment should not be touched. Cages are mainly an unimportant afterthought to PH gameplay unless you're badly losing and need to tunnel someone out ASAP; I wouldn't mind seeing them being buffed, but by god, keep his Punishment the same. If he gets Slingered or Wraithed into a boring killer with skill ceiling reduced, or someone with a weak chase power only useful for zoning, I will cry.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

He suffers from the same issue as most other killers: if survivors hold 'w' asap as they hear the TR and pre-drop pallets its 'gg'. There is NOTHING the killer can do in this situation except for leaving the chase and trying to find someone else. Sadly most survivors play like that at this point cause honestly its the most effective way to play, so I do get why they do it.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Imo he got hit hard with the hold W and pre-drop meta, but he's fine. It's just a problem with the meta.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266

would you say allowing his PotD attack to go up or down terrain (such as stairs) would make him too powerful or would that change be alright?

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2021

It can already go down stairs as long as you don't fire from right on top of the incline, but going up terrain shouldn't be that big of a deal. I can't say there's too many situations where that would matter, unlike Twins for example where the inability to go up inclines really hurts them.

Something that would make him too strong would be making Punishment travel faster when shot. That way his shot would be very easy to land and near-uncounterable in the right hands.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

The dude can hit people through obstacles without getting any kind of fatigue like Nurse does. He is fine.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 414
  • GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Tbh I doubt he'd get a buff. I cant see them not doing an addon pass tho. His addons have to be the worst in the game

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

Survivors that loop don't care if they get tormented or not, it doesn't exactly do much. It doesn't make them slow down when they run through it or anything. As long as they keep their pallet, they'll run through torment like it was a field

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I wouldn't mind if the shock wave of punishment of the damned released faster, so survivors couldn't dodge it simply by reacting fast enough. But at the moment, his power is still really strong, because of the fact that you can either get a hit with his power when survivors are in an animation lock, when vaulting or dropping a pallet, or they don't go into an animation lock, which than often gives you the chance to M1 them normally.

So if they buff his ability by increasing the speed of the shock wave, maybe also improving him in different ways, like increasing his turn rate a bit, they also should increase the cooldown when canceling his ability. It's 1 second now, increasing it to 1,5 seconds, or maybe even 2 seconds, would be necessary in my opinion.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I personally don't mind going against him. As long as he doesn't tunnel hard. And I also don't think his power isn't punishing enough. The shock wave of his punishment of the damned is fairly slow, I don't think punishing him with a longer cooldown would be a good idea. Killer in general can already feel very punishing. A few misplays, or just getting outplayed, when you don't have too much pressure going on, can lose you the entire game.

But I do agree that his chase shouldn't be buffed in any way, and if it does, it needs to be nerfed in some other way. I think cooldown increase after canceling the ability would be the best solution.

Also, and I know many will disagree, but I would like to see his tunneling potential get toned down a bit. They could buff him in different ways as compensation, especially his addons need some buffs.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

This. The attack takes way to long to be of any real threat besides animation locks. Even then you need to be sure that the survivor will actually vault or drop the pallet or the cooldown will screw you over.

• Gyro
    Gyro Member Posts: 11

I can’t agree enough. PH honestly needs some attention from the devs for a lot of reasons

1. His add-ons are a steaming hot pile of ######### and I pray to god that they get some attention in the next add-on pass
    2. His ranged attack is so ######### predictable. I have even tried shooting PotD to the side of pallets and windows against smart survivors to hit them if they fake the drop or vault and they did. But you know what? It still didn’t even hit because it takes so long to come out and survivors just dead hard through or step back as soon as they see that red indicator on the ground.
    3. His m2 start up animation is noticeably slower since the RE chapter release making PotD even more predictable
    4. His current play style just involves him spamming PotD at loops until he either zones you out or PotD eventually hits you, which isn’t fun
    5. Canceling m2 takes so ######### long and it allows survivors a quick and easy get away. PH should definitely be able to cancel m2 into m1 again with that slightly longer cool down to PotD that actually encourages PH players to actually make their shots count.

Imo, I think he could heavily benefit from getting the similar treatment plague got

• DorkianBae
    DorkianBae Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2021

I think the main things I want as a Pyramid player more range on M2 basekit and buff all his weak addons and rework the garbage ones

Pyramid's addons range from absolute ######### to bad, pretty much the only addons you ever want to use are his range addons

But you all are right though, his M2 is pretty useless outside of animation locks generally.