Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Hex: Plaything and Boon totems interaction causes Bugs

Jinxer
Jinxer Member Posts: 14

Platform: PC.

Description: Boon totems can cause Hex plaything to not work properly. First it can cause ANY survivor (not just the hexed one) to be able to cleanse the totem (at anytime). Second the effect doesn't even go off. So when you are hooked for the first time you are not actually effected by a curse, but a totem still lights up.

How to Reproduce (I will say exactly what happened my game, not all of the steps may be needed):

Killer: Play Cenobite and take "Hex:Plaything".

One Survivor (nea in this case): Take "Boon: Shadow Step" (and small game to help count totems).

Map: Azarov's Resting Place

Once in game:

1) Have Nea cleanse 3 totems, and Bless one of the remaining totems (call it totem beta).

2) Then have the killer Hook any survivor other than nea. This turns the one dull totem on the map (call it totem alpha) to a hex totem.

3) Have Nea wait 90 seconds for the now hex totem to become unblocked. Have nea Bless this totem with her boon perk.

4) Now unboon totem alpha (I don't remember if the killer unbooned the totem or if I booned the other totem) so totem alpha becomes dull.

5) Reboon totem Beta if it hasn't been already.

6) Have a different survivor get hooked for the first time.

7) This forces totem alpha to become a hex totem once again. However it will NOT be blocked to nea for 90 seconds as it is supposed to be.

8) Have Nea Bless totem Alpha.

9) Now have the killer hook Nea.

10) With totem alpha blessed and totem beta dull, totem beta becomes the hex totem as nea is hooked BUT nea is not oblivious nor is she effected by any curse.

I may have missed a step or two where another survivor was hooked and totem Beta was hexed and then blessed. Frankly it was hard to keep track of everything. But I think the point is clear.

My take away: Due to the fact that the hexes are being "cleansed" multiple times in the form of blessing it is screwing with the coding for hex: plaything.

Frequency: 100% of a sample size of 1.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated