Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Good killer to start off with that is good

Im a new ish player and have the basics down. But i want to buy a killer, the thing is that i dont know who to buy. Id like a killer that is good and fun to use. I will gladly take on any suggestions :)

Best Answers

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,622
    Answer ✓

If you don't have Leatherface already, he's a fun and pretty decent killer who also has the benefit of having pretty decent teachables to slap on other killers as your collection increases.

I'd also pick up the Demogorgon until he's taken off the store- he's a fun killer and he's time-limited, so probably a wise investment if you think you might enjoy him.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Answer ✓

If you have enough shards then I suggest blight. High mobility and really fun to play. If you like stealth and one hit downs then ghostface or myers is nice. No licensed killers I know of that go fast so...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Answer ✓

To answer that question what do you like about playing killer, what aspect do you enjoy? Because really it’s about what you think is fun as a playstyle that might help you decide which killer to get.

• If you’re looking for a killer that can help you find hidden survivors, Doctor is the best tracker in the game. His ability lets you locate survivors very easily and keep him in chases pretty consistently throughout a match. And his short range shock is good to block out survivors at vaults so he’s decent in a chase. His main weakness is he has no special way to move around the map, so when survivors are spread out it can be a big harder for him to exert mapwide pressure on them.
    • If you like stealth killers then Spirit, Ghostface or Pig all have good stealth. Ghostface is the simplest stealth to use, just turn it on when it’s ready and it lasts until you are spotted or hit someone. Pig can crouch to stalk any time she wants but can’t as easily attack like that and moves slower than normal. Spirit’s invisibility is the stealthiest of the three, and she can move extremely fast while doing it, but she is unable to see the survivors while invisible and has to rely mostly on hearing to locate the survivors (always play killer with headphones!)
    • If you want a killer that can get around the map quickly, Blight or Freddy is the way to go. Blight can sprint around the map much like Hillbilly but can bounce off obstacles and do tight turns that way. He just doesn’t have the instant down that Hillbilly does. And Freddy can teleport to any generator on the map pretty much when he wants (within reason)
    • If you want a ranged attacker, Trickster or Plague or Deathslinger all have ways to injure survivors at long range. Deathslinger is the most similar to Huntress of the three. Trickster has rapid fire shots that take multiple hits to injure someone, but his mobility while throwing daggers is pretty much the same as when he’s just walking around so he’s pretty agile. Plague’s ranged attack is more like a shotgun blast, it covers an area in a burst of fire that infects or if she’s charged up injures or downs a survivor.
    • If you’re really just looking for a killer who is good in a normal chase, Leatherface or Clown or Pinhead are basic attack killers with abilities designed to make it easier to hit people up close. Leatherface’s chainsaw is vicious, while Clown’s bottles are more like a way to slow and zone out survivors from where they want to run to. And Pinhead’s chains slow down survivors and make it harder for them to vault.
    • Finally Pyramid Head and Nemesis both have midrange attacks that can allow you to injure survivors from across pallets and through windows. (And in the case of Pyramid Head, through walls too). Their range is shorter than the long range killers but they make up for it with normal movement speed and some other advantages and abilities.

Answers