The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This build for Nurse is a problem? i think so

Thank God I'm not facing every Nurse with this build but whenever i face one, i think her gameplay is problematic. 

The build is usually with Infectious Fright, BBQ, Starstruck.

These Nurses actually know how to play her and killing everyone at 4 gens.

Something needs to be done about it, i have no idea how to play against it.

Please don't change this discussion to "Survivors have to get good". 90% of players don't know how to play against her properly and her kit is different from all killers, with good hands she is broken.

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Well survivors do need to get good.

Bad survivors wont verse a good nurse so why is this even a discussion.

Plus we shouldn't balance around bad players especially bad players versing a good nurse.

If you think bad survivors should win against the strongest killer with insta downs then theres your issue.

I have beat many nurses with this build. Yes they're good nurses and no it's not OP.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

This is the problem with a Perk like Infectious Fright and, to an extend, Starstruck.

Infectious Fright is basically useless on most Killers. Yes, you can run it on any Killer, but you wont get much value out of it. But it becomes VERY strong on a few select Killers, like Nurse, Oni, Billy or even Plague and Myers.

Same goes for Starstruck, even tho the number of Killers who benefit from it is even smaller.

However, changing the Perks will probably do nothing. E.g. I never understood why Infectious Fright allows special attacks to trigger it, while Knockout, which is way weaker, excludes them. But even if it would be "only basic attacks", it would still be a very strong Perk on Nurse, but some of the other Killers mentioned could not use it.

So, in the end, we are stuck with a build like this on Nurse, since the Devs most likely will not change the Perks and they wont change Nurse to make her an actual balanced Killer.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

It's easy to play against. Both of the perks that you feel are an issue, mainly being infectious and starstruck, are both based on terror radius. If you see her down someone and you get hit with infectious fright, start running in the opposite direction. If you make it out of the terror radius, she'll probably see you with bbq but you won't be exposed, so it's just like facing a nurse with BBQ. If you don't make it out of her terror radius before she picks up, don't go outside of her terror radius. Because then you'll be exposed and she'll see you with bbq. If you get exposed just hide and wait it out. It's boring but that's how you do it.

If you try and play altruistically, body blocking, flashlight saves, instant unhooks, yeah you're going to have a bad time and get destroyed.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044

It's an awkward situation, yeah. Starstruck excels so much on Nurse compared to literally every other killer, and Infectious makes it even harder for survivors to get away. But both of these perks are in great spots, and Nurse doesn't deserve a nerf to her power.

If I had to fix this, it'd be by giving Nurse a reduced TR. Something like 24m TR. It would make her fall in line with the other "slow but strong power" killers, and wouldn't affect her gameplay too much - you rarely use TR as a main way to determine Nurse's proximity anyway, you use the blink sounds - but would lower the effectiveness of Starstruck+Infectious.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

As someone who plays Nurse a lot I think it's unfair how she can use exposed perks too well. I think Blink Attacks shouldn't count as normal M1s, so she doesn't get full value out of perks like Knockout, Starstruck, Surge, Sloppy, NOED, etc.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Imagine complaining about a killer that almost no one play anymore, this is so hilarious. The nurse isn't anymore what she used to be, and survivors still hate her.. i guess some people will never learn to properly play againts her.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

You’re right. People don’t like learning, so they won’t ever understand how to face her. I also think infectious is massively overrated on her, since it just gives off a glow and she has to recharge her blinks before she can pursue.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Yep IF just gives an aproximate location of the survivor with a bubble, its not a real time aura reading perk. Also because of the fatigue when you can look at that location the survivors are not there anymore because you were looking to the ground for 3.5 secs. And good luck at finding them if you have shadowstep boon totems in your map.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Have you tried separating from other survivors, as is generally the best strategy for almost all killers anyways?

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited October 2021

Im gonna be the controversial one again and say people in this entire thread are massively understating the power of this build. A good nurse doesn't NEED aura reading perks, she just needs an approximate location. Once a good nurse finds you, you are pretty much dead. Especially with starstruck. So an approximate location is more than enough to simply blink over and survey the area, if you spot a survivor welp guess they're dead. if you don't, you still downed somebody and have a solid amount of exposed on usually least 1 or more survivors. No matter what the survivor team does against this build, they will always be in a bad spot. And unless they are a coordinated SWF very experienced in dealing with agi startstruck nurses, they're gonna die and they're gonna die fast. it doesn't feel good as a solo queue player to go against that type of nurse, since you spend so little of the match actually playing the game and spend most of it dangling on a hook or bleeding out on the ground. The only time this build sucks is when a wannabe nurse uses it, of which thankfully comprises the majority.

• linancy
    linancy Member Posts: 38

I did my best to stay away and the others did the same. but she ended up finding them too quick and i was the one who went for the saves. The game was dumped from the beginning.

• HuskyTwitter
    HuskyTwitter Member Posts: 71

I mean if you're really worried about going up against this build then run Calm Spirit. You can even add Vigil which now recovers you from Exposed quicker.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

You can’t tell me that survivors can’t get huge distance while the Nurse is carrying a survivor. Unless she’s picking up then immediately dropping, she still has to hook that survivor then begin looking for others. By then you best be on your way. Starstruck only has a surprise factor at most once in a trial either way.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    edited October 2021

You'd think, but the good nurses don't run usually run things like recharge addons. They run distance addons, because they know with their level of skill distance addons make them nigh inescapable. Even if you sprint a decent distance away, theres a very sizable range she can move, of which she could stop at any point within and potentially find you scuttling about. The reason people hate this build is because when it works, it REALLY works. But when it isn't working, you can still get caught out as the unlucky survivor that just happened to be randomly found as you are running away from her while shes carrying, since she has periscope vision while moving through objects, and that just feels terrible. The build is annoying because in the hands of the nurse, it effectively accounts for both skillful survivor tracking and completely random survivor tracking.