This meta turned me into a ruthless tunneller

2»

Comments

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

If you want a blast as killer, you must play at an average+ MMR. Above it, it's just a sweat fest.

But when you are good enough, there is no in-between. At an average+ MMR, you will always have 2 weak survivors throwing the game for the 2 others. Trials are not fun. And at a higher MMR you have 4 great survivors, you cannot do anything, trial is not fun.

• JohnWeak
    edited November 2021

Tunneled. First surv 12k, clearly camp + hard tunnel. The 12k surv was pretty much all the time in chase. And with such a low mobility killer, you have proxy camped.

Lilith doesn't tunnel or camp.

But even though, you cannot reverse my argument. Fact that a top 0,1% killer mains, mastering Blight with 1000 hours on him exclusively is unable to get at least 2k, and get only 7 hooks, just shows how broken the game is.

You cannot reverse this argument as you don't know your MMR level nor the MMR level of the survivors you have faced.

In my screenshot, you have a top 0,1% killer playing a tier S killer against high MMR survivors and high MMR survivors won the game. They stomped him even as 7 hooks is a terrible result and the trial has never been balanced.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

You're painfully trying to kill survivors to get even better survivors next match.

• Gamerjunkiie
    Gamerjunkiie Member Posts: 7

Just finished a game against a Nurse where they ruthlessly tunnelled me out of the game. I was going for an adept achievement on bill and had my name as "Adept". Some people suck.

• JohnWeak
    edited November 2021

BTW does anyone knows what happen with the MMR rating for this situation :

• 1 survivor dead on hook
    • 3 other survivors escaping

What happens for the one dead on the hook ? Is the MMR given to the team or to the individual ?

I mean it's 3 escapes so it's a win, does the MMR of the dead survivor go up or down in this situation ?

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2021

But even though, you cannot reverse my argument. Fact that a top 0,1% killer mains, mastering Blight with 1000 hours on him exclusively is unable to get at least 2k, and get only 7 hooks, just shows how broken the game is.

That's literally 1 game. That doesn't tell anyone anything. A Killer, even if they happen to be a 0.1% Killer, should still lose once in a while in MMR because they're going against 0.1% Survivors. That's what MMR does.

You cannot reverse this argument as you don't know your MMR level nor the MMR level of the survivors you have faced.

You don't know Lilith's MMR either. For all we know, he could be mid-tier at best. Just because he streams and has played a lot, doesn't mean anything to MMR.

In my screenshot, you have a top 0,1% killer playing a tier S killer against high MMR survivors and high MMR survivors won the game. They stomped him even as 7 hooks is a terrible result and the trial has never been balanced.

If Lilith is a 0.1% killer, which you don't know to be a fact, he would be going against 0.1% survivors, because that's literally what MMR does. It puts you against your own skill level. So yes, he should get stomped every once in a while.

Also, look at the stupid perks he brought into the match. Not a single gen slowdown perk or Meta. He literally has a meme build. No Killer would seriously think, "Gee, I should have won that match using these perks".

If he won that match, then that would show that Killers are overpowered. A meme Killer perk build verses 4 survivors all running meta perks. Come on now.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

the dead survvior loses one point.

the escapees gain one point each.

the killer loses three points and gains one.

"SKILL" based match making

• JohnWeak

It's even worst than what i thought lol. So the survivor that got tunneled and succeed to hold the killer for 5 gens is loosing point 😂 while the team has won thanks to his/her looping skill.

😂😂😂

How can someone think such a feature is on point with what is happening in the game ?

• Dsalter

i made a post abput 2 weeks ago stating how the + or - 1 for kills/escapes is very bad for the game and actively REWARDS sandbagging and face camping.

didnt get much notice for some reason but here it is for those interested https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2582045#Comment_2582045

as long as it remains being based soley on kills/escapes, it'll be a bad system

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Friday 13th was way better than Dbd for lots of reasons

• Dsalter

only reason F13 flipped was due to the lawsuit crap.

otherwise fun game, killer was something you FEARED.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
  • JohnWeak

Top 0,1% vs Top 0,1% but the trial is totally unfair and unbalanced ending with 7 hooks... While it should have been more around 2k/10 hooks.

For Lilith MMR, just check how strong he is with the Blight and you will know he is high MMR. If he isn't, no one is.

"It puts you against your own skill level. So yes, he should get stomped every once in a while." Puts you against players of your level but you should get stomped, don't you see the antagonism here ? He could have lost with 1k and 9 hooks, would be more fair.

And the SBMM match you with the highest opponents available. I don't think there are many 0.1% survivors available...

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 160

Actually for killers it's a balanced, self healing system. You kill survivors to go up rank and lose to better survivors to drop rank. It's actually in the killer main's best interest to NOT kill survivors and just play for hooks. As you'll eventually end up with less sweaty games.

As for survivors, it promotes less altruistic play. Since higher MMR for survivors means better teams and can only be achieved by escapes. So once the gates are powered, it's best to leave allies on the hook (for MMR sake at least). They need a way to figure unhooks and gens into the MMR. So that MMR can be self healing for survivors as well.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I genuinely believe if someone never EVER tunnels, they aren't very good at the game because they refuse to use a specific strategy when the time comes that it IS the correct strategy. Yes, you don't need to tunnel every time. But there will 100% be situations where the correct strategy is to just tunnel. It doesn't matter if it's a simple strategy. They will come across situations where it becomes the answer if they want a come back and to possibly win the game. If they thumb their nose at it and refuse to EVER do it regardless of the situation, then to me that means they are knowingly throwing games they could have won, for no real reason aside from feeling they are somehow better at the game by intentionally losing.

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

You get to make a choice

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

They are scared of what their audience will say. They are really good at the game despite refusing to use some of the most efficient tactics, but yeah, not as good as someone just as good who isn't afraid of survivor main tears.