Gen Tapping

So as a killer I just want to point out that using Ruin is basically required. If you do not use ruin against high ranking SWF then the game ends WAY to quickly. Well when you have 3 survivors doing the gen tapping it basically defeats the purpose of using ruin bc it doesn't really stall for much time, at that point you may as well use thantophobia. Also it really makes no since for a person to touch the gen for a millisecond and get some repairs done... you can't poke something to full repair it just makes no since. So honestly I feel like if you tap it, it should stop giving progress to the gen entirely until you start holding it (just that player obviously) or make it to where if you tap the gen 3 times in quick succession it auto backfires alerting the killer. (little hardcore and uneccesary.) right now Ruin is basically mandatory and even if you fill a slot with it, they may cleanse it in the literal first few seconds. Just some thoughts.

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    They lowered the skill check chance when Freddy was introduced. Gen tapping is worthless.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I dont know what the fuss is about gen tapping. If a survivor is gen tapping ruin is doing its job because it is painfully slow to tap gens. Smart survivors know its better to just work through ruin vs tapping it.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

Maybe an increase in skill checks when a Gen has ruin on it is a better choice then. Making pushing through the ruin not possible.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

It is funny cause gen tapping takes no skill why you gain no skill checks of course :P

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Detective Tapp should be able to do gen tapping faster... DUH!