Hatch spawns at 2 survivors

I think we can all agree that keys were WAY too OP before the update and needed to be nerfed. As someone who plays both killer and survivor, 4-man and 3-man hatch escapes are funny for the survivors but frustrating as all heck for the killers. However, now that hatch only spawns for the last survivor, there are a couple issues:

1. I've had a survivor with a key hide in the corner of the map until everyone else died in order to get hatch escape. This is most likely happening in some other games too.
  2. When there are two survivors left, before the update one survivor could distract the killer while the other looked for hatch, but since hatch now spawns only with one survivor alive, you can't do that anymore. Hatch escapes do not lower killer MMR, so when it comes down to the last survivor looking for hatch after their teammates die, the killer is much, much more likely to find it since he will be faster and unafraid to leave the edges of the map.

I don't propose to simply bring back hatch spawns at 2 survivors left, but to have the old system apply to 2 survivors, like you need 3 or 4 gens done in order for hatch to spawn for the last 2 survivors. This is just an idea, if anyone has any solutions they think would work better feel free to comment and let me know :)

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Is 2) an issue though? The last survivor can still escape through the hatch if they have a key after the killer closes it.

1) with survivors just hiding will be a problem with hatch regardless I suspect regardless of the system. There were survivors who did that even before the current version of the hatch.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

I just want them to let hatch spawn after 5 gens done, independent of number of survivors.

It wouldn't really matter at that point and leave room for the 4 men escape through hatch achievement.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I disagree I don't think survivors should've been allowed to escape through hatch because of one item. I always thought it was a waste to use a key at endgame unless if you were going for that achievement. Because you could just leave through the gate.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Nah, it would just be two survivors hiding while the third gets chased.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

I think current hatch is perfect. There's no need in changes.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

People shouldn't be hiding regardless while some other player is trying.

Sometimes my endgame chases are so long you could of easily started a new gen and finished it and got the gate and got out.

Having someone hide and do nothing just so they can try escape is pretty lame, I'm okay with dying for you but dont be that person not to try. We could all hide when 2 people are left but that's so boring for the killer.

Luckily I dont see that anymore at high mmr, people are always pushing gens even if 2 people are left with 2gens... sometimes we even all get out, ah good times

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Nah, the way it works now is perfect.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    edited November 2021

When the Survivors Escape they should then be givin the t-bag challenge first one to 100 tbags gets a key and runs for a hatch. The loser gets to face the killer with infinite Dead hard and the killer can tunne so he can eventually secure and get 1 kill. That survivor then gets face camped for 2 minutes. If the Survivor DC they get a lifetime ban, and have to play on PC for eternity or rebuy the game again.