What are you currently watching?

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

So me and the Mr, just finished watching a series called, Brand New Cherry Flavour, which was really good and very different. We began recently the series I Know What You Did Last Summer which again I am liking, we also began The Girl in the Woods which was taken from a Crypt two part film called The Door in The Woods. We also have the new Slasher to watch and the new Chucky series, what are you watching currently and any suggestions?

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

The only good show that I watch right now is the Mandalorian. if you like star wars than I do highly recommend!

• Mushwin

-whispers very very quietly- I didn't like star wars, but I loved the Mandalorion! I also liked The Witcher I recall telling Mr Mushwin I hadn't seen star wars before, never seen a man move so quick to grab the DVD's (back when DVD's was more a thing lol)

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

those were good times! I feel like at some point DVD's won't even be a thing anymore.

• Mushwin

VHS are no longer around lol I use to love going to the video shop and renting a film, god good times there!

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited November 2021

I am trying to not spend my evenings playing video games, especially DBD. Having a break after completing all level 1 and Halloween challenges. Anyway...

Usually watch a film each evening.

Just finished rewatching the Evil Dead trilogy. Last time I watched them was around 1998. Still stick by my original lasting opinion: relatively enjoyable but overrated.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Im not a big show person but i do have a few reccomendations if you haven't watched them yet.

1. Bojack Horseman. Great show.
    2. Adventure time, always good to binge if you never finished it like me.
    3. Inside job. Just came out, its pretty funny. Influenced a lot by rick and morty without any of the sudo-intellecutalism and immense edge. Plays a lot with sci-fi and conspiracy tropes if thats your kinda thing.
  • EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,020

Same, absolutely the best times. Growing up, my favorite thing to do after school was going to the small, mom-and-pop video rental store (they had a small but great selection, a lot of hard-to-find movies/specials), I remember being absolutely enamored with the art on the sleeves and reading the descriptions on the back of them, picking out one or two for the weekend or holiday break, and my mother always fussing before we returned them to make sure I did rewind them. While its nice to have it all more easily available than driving to the local store, it is definitely not the same experience with ordering DVDs/Blu-Rays, or streaming services!

I'm currently very behind on watching anything, but was enjoying this season of What We Do In The Shadows a ton (going to watch the last few episodes I missed here soon), and at some point I really want to see Star Wars: Visions!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,137
    edited November 2021

Right now I'm watching Downton Abbey, nearing the end of season four.

Before that it was The Haunting of Hill House, Squid Game (subtitled, for god's sake everyone subtitled), and Midnight Mass. Of the three, I enjoyed Squid Game the most.

I've also watched a bunch of movies. Most are pretty crap, so no point listing them all. Late Phases (2014) was enjoyable. Lesson of the Evil (2012) was long, but the crazy-ass payoff at the end was, well, crazy. Grabbers (2012) was quite amusing. Halloween (2018) was mostly good while Halloween Kills was (in my opinion) close to garbage.

I recently watched the entire Hellraiser series. Some were rewatches, some were firsts. I knew going into it that only the first three were truly worth watching, and I was proven correct. It was actually even worse than I expected; Hellraiser: Revelations is one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and that's saying something.

Ooh, I'm looking forward to the new season of What We Do In The Shadows. I loved the first two seasons. I was just waiting for season three to be over before watching it. Definitely one of the more entertaining shows currently on TV.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Halloween season, so lots of scary and nostalgic movies, for the Lady and me.

Of course, The great pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Revisited Donnie Darko again.

Then finished latest season of You. And watching Wayne on Amazon prime, loved it. And , Sex Education on Netflix

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

Currently, I'm watching some old British sitcoms, which actually is quite relaxing! So "No Place Like Home" and "After Henry" are the main ones, which is odd since that's normally further away from the stuff I'd normally watch!

However, I have recorded "Limetown", having enjoyed the first podcast series of this strange, conspiracy sci-fi, so I'll dive into that soon enough.

In terms of movies, I've just watched "Bite", which was suitably grotesque but strangely addictive viewing.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I'm watching Dark on Netflix. Pretty fantastic sci-fi suspense show from Germany with lots of timey-wimey storytelling.