Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

can we PLEASE bring back the old ds and leave it there

2»

Comments

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

I just.... please actually read my post. Don't just respond.

I agreed with you on circle of healing.. I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Both sides have nuclear option and tactics, why is it toxic? Because as I said it is not fun. I play DBD to have fun, if you want to play competitively then we have different goals for the game. I don't want to hear, SWF is makes the game unfun or 4 flashlights clicking is unfun, or I keep getting bullied and only get 1 hook, (i'm not saying you said this,) well guess what that's what a completive game is. Slugging, tunnelling, may be competitively a good strategy, but it is not fun. Maybe you want the game to be 4 survivors with the 4 same perks and the 3 viable killers with 4 perks, But I don't,

As for the twins/ oni, yeah twins would be far worse without slugging, that is what I call a poorly designed killer. That is why player disconnect constantly or kill themselves on hook against twins so much, not that they are too strong, but the chase, is the part of DBD that players want, and they just break that.

As for your last point, I actually said there are situations where tunnelling/ camping is acceptable. If a player taunts, if a player body blocks, at the end when all generators are finished I believe anything should go to ensure as many kills as possible.

My last post I outlined why camping/ tunnelling/ slugging is bad for the game, if the devs are not going to punish killers for doing this, then at least we need are proper methods to stop this from happening. Which is why D strike needs to be buffed, which the point of my original post. If not then I don't know what you are doing in DBD. When you play DBD and the killer stands in front of the hook for 3 minutes, or a nurse slugs everyone until they bleed out. Or you as the killer get 1 kill but only like 2 hooks, you say great game lots of fun. Because I don't, this is a massive issue that needs to be addressed. Before you or anyone says (but survivors genrush) I say yes, and there needs to be a punishment for that as well. Otherwise if anyone defends camping/ slugging or tunnelling, because anything goes then as a player you have to support genrushing.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Then fix big maps, ######### Totem spawns, gen speeds, 2nd chance perks and god-pallets too please.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530

Unfortunately killers camp and tunnel

So this is not fun

And the b.h.v.r themselves just sit

• BeanLag
    BeanLag Member Posts: 94

The people asking of removing the cooldown on ds to avoid slugging, do you understand that without the timer you would be slugged until you die from bleedout?

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Can you imagine old DS in this new MMR?? Holy moly

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

We just have different opinions on what toxic means.

You think that killers trying to win is toxic. What is interesting you mention only killers to be toxic... Both sides can do it, but you think it is toxic just because you don't like to do it.

I don't think that is toxic in every case. It's kinda dumb say camping / slugging / tunneling is toxic overall. There are situations where it is best thing that killer can do.

It's different if that killer is doing it just to torture survivors, but that is quite rare in my games and my squad know how to deal with it. There are lot of perks how to deal with camping / slugging / tunneling and there is playstyle how to play against it.

Of course it's way harder to deal with it as soloQ, but that is just issue of soloQ that needs to be buffed.

• Icaurs

The only reason I exclusively mention killers, is because this is a post about DS and camping/ tunnelling, which is a problem caused by killers. I have said gen rushing is toxic, taunting at the exit gate is toxic, leaving teammates to die in order to prioritize finishing gens is toxic. So no, I am not a saying survivors do no wrong, I have and will always call it out, just not on this post , as it is unrelated. As I said lets say toxic is not the right word, miserable, is a better word. Those things make the game miserable. I would rather just die then be slugged on the ground for 3 minutes. I would rather just die then be tunnelled out of a match.

My question to you is this. Do you find tunnelling, camping, and slugging fun? Not as a survivor, but as a killer. Now I agree there a certain situations where those things are acceptable. , such as once the exit gates are powered, I believe anything goes, but in general no. So when you camp (ect), are you actually enjoying yourself? Do you honestly say "great game tones of fun." Because I'll say it, as a survivor the first time 3 generators go in 80 seconds its funny and exciting and I laughed. But on the 10th match, the 20th, the 50th and so on, you realise it isn't. Sure all survivors on different gens may be the best way to play, but it is not a fun way, for killers or survivors. The same however goes for killers, sure camping and tunnelling may optimally be the best way, but seriously it is not fun. For the survivor or the killer. Do you agree with that? If so maybe you need to stop viewing this game as a competitive game, I don't and I have more fun just practicing with my power and not caring whether I win or lose then camping /tunnelling, now you cay if I don't care if I win, why do I hate tunnelling so much? Because it robs the survivor of the the thing you actually play for (the chase). I play survivor for the enjoyment of being chased. If you don't enjoy camping (ect) and only do it out of necessity, maybe you just shouldn't play killer. Seriously if you don't find camping (ect) fun (because I Don't) why are you even playing killer? What is your idea of an enjoyable match.

Lastly I never said tunnelling and camping is some unbeatable strategy. I may not play with some (elite squad) I just play with a few friends trying to have a fun time. All we do is just rush generators and if needed, trade places with Borrowed time. 3 survivors escape, easy. It's not hard, but it's not fun,.

• Jaxton2000
    Jaxton2000 Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2021

I just have to stop you there on saying gen rushing, taunting at the gate and leaving teammates whatever etc is toxic.

People choosing how to play the game is how they choose to play the game. Is any of it "toxic"? No, I would say they're annoying at most. If you find them irritating then you find them irritating.

Gen rushing being "toxic" is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Sorry people are trying to escape... the main objective of the game? Rushing to escape? No way! Your toxic!!! How dare you try to escape!!!1!!

Toxicity is the after game chat when people throw temper tantrums...

• Icaurs

I think DS is meta, not out of strength but of of necessity. Not running it means you risk of being simply being hooked once then, that's it game over. Even if your team does the right thing and simply rushes the gens so they can escape, you being forced to just sit there and sacrifice yourself, is not fun.

As for dead hard, nobody said dead hard was weak, before the patch. If you saw people saying that, then they are just objectively wrong, dead hard is the strongest survivor perk, even before the patch. However the fact that the perk would sometimes just not work, is kind of... really bad. Yeah people still ran it, but when it worked, yeah you won, and if it failed, it wasn't due to being outkilled, it was due to bugs. Just saying I have supported removing the invulnerability of dead hard, so it can only be used to as a distance closer, instead of being able to just phase through attacks.

Also just because a perk is overused does not mean it needs it can't be buffed or nerfed. One of the most used survivor perks (3rd most used I think) was Borrowed time. they then buffed it so it activated at a set distance instead of in the terror radius to stop killers who can turn off their heartbeat from just ignoring the perk. Which is good.

• Icaurs

No yeah you're right. leatherface faceamping, yeah its the player fault if they get angry, killer can't possibly win without resorting to camping, well I guess he just should get good or something. 4 gens in 3 minutes? Guess the killer should say GG, because they are just bad or something. "it's people's playstyle." Yeah the playstyle is called a toxic playstyle. (It's their objective). Wow that sounds like a fun game (sarcasm is obvious).

Also you say leaving teammates is toxic but objectively it's a good strategy (leave one player, 3 escape.) If my goal is to escape, then abandoning teammates is the best option. Tea bagging at exit gates? you mean getting more points. The goal of DBD is to get points. Why do you have an issue with teabagging. (because it is annoying), Too bad I want points. During the match drawing the killer's attention is a legitimate strategy and my playstyle. If you get annoyed, then that's on you right?

Lets play the word game, if I substitute the word (toxic) with not fun would you agree with my post. Or are you saying 5 minute matches where nobody gets more then 15,000 points was a fun game. Or do you play DBD competitively, because if so that is not the point of my post at all.

• Jaxton2000
    Jaxton2000 Member Posts: 162

I think you read my statement wrong.

"I just have to stop you there on saying gen rushing, taunting at the gate and leaving teammates whatever etc is toxic."

I said that to quote what you were saying. I was not saying that leaving teammates is toxic.

But again, I don't think gen rushing is bad. Everyone collectively could be doing gens because that's the objective of the game. if the killer doesn't get everyone then that's a possibility of many that exists.

Those same people that do work together to rush gens also would wait for the last person if they're on the hook. So you win some you lose some.

• Icaurs

I misunderstood, I apologise. So you really hold the mindset that anything goes? Then all I can say is I hope that I never encounter you as killer or survivor.... ever. It genuinely sounds like an awful time. I have heard people say they want a symbol to know if they are versing SWF? Well I would rather a symbol for people who hold that mindset, so I know to dodge. Because playing with or against you does not sound like a good time.

• Hunter_Main_322

I'd rather die of bleeding than give the hook to this tunnel

SO WHAT DO DS ON EACH HOOK

• Hunter_Main_322

There is an idea that the DS countdown would start working only from the moment the killer finds the survivor with his terror

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

Just wait 60 seconds without healing, doing gens or totems and you will be fine. Why would want to heal yourself so fast anyway if you are still invencible for some time? You can even ask for a team mate to heal you.

• BeanLag
    BeanLag Member Posts: 94

btw they already told you, if your ds deactivates and you think you are getting tunneled, you shouldt be able to repair, heal etc if you are being tunneled, if you repair or heal in killers face its not tunneling, what do you expect if you are the one closer to him, injured and without ds? Do you expect the killer to look at you and leave you there? I honestly dont get it

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

Well, I rarely had to tunnel, or camp. I use slugging a lot tho and yeah that is fun. Slugging builds are actually more fun than normal game.

As before when someone tries to annoy me with BT protective hit, I am gonna wait. Now because he wanted to do annoying #########, I am supposed to be the one that is ruining "fun" of survivors? If I hook him again, it's tunneling, if I leave it's slugging...

When I see someone do 3-gen in 80 seconds I am gonna get serious. If they try, I will too, that's fair. Why should survivors be only side having "fun". Losing game with 3 hooks total is really not fun. Tunneling 1 survivor and than playing against 3 is quite a lot of fun. I am not saying it's fun for survivors, but you don't care about killers having fun, why should we care about survivors?

Well, I lately have a break from dbd, because it was just never fun to play as a killer... SBMM, boons, nerfs kinda ######### it. Let's see if new killer will be good enough for me to come back.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833
    edited November 2021

Old DS was too strong, and wasn't used to prevent tunneling. You could go for an unsafe rescue, have the killer grab you, DS them, get the rescue with BT and get away because your teammate took a protection hit for you. This was absolutely unfair.

• Hunter_Main_322

According to your mood, it is clear why you tunnel and camp

Play normally then and you will be in the mood

• Dino7281
  • Hunter_Main_322
    edited November 2021

If the killer starts tunneling you, then even 44 shards will not help you