Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

How do add ons work

I started playing DBD not too long ago and never put on add ons for killer or survivor. I feel like im wasting them because theyre a precious thing so i want to save them.Is this a bad mindset or is this normal?And canyou get them back easily?

Best Answer

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Answer ✓

To add to the above answer

The game is balanced expecting people are using all their available slots, including both add-ons, even if the add-ons are just easy to get brown or yellow ones. Obviously you can play without using any at all if you want, but you’re really just denying yourself the small benefits they give for no particular reason since the browns and yellows are very common and cheap. If you do one bloodweb before each match you’ll easily have plenty of common add-ons and still have bloodpoints left over, especially if you do a daily mission or rift challenge along the way. And many of the offerings likewise earn you bonus bloodpoints too.

So my advice, especially if you’re just trying to play the game and don’t particular care about your specific loadout, is before each match do a bloodweb with the character you want to play, then put in whatever add-ons and offerings an perk updates you want and start the match. You’ll always have something to use that way, and over time will build up spare bloodpoints just in case you really want to splurge for some reason.