Trying To Stop Camping.

Options

I love the game and I play both sides and it makes me sad when some killers have to camp to try and do well and I don't mean when the gens are all done because as killers we can't do much else at that point but while there is even 1 gen still to do Killers should be hunting for Survivors that's what I do and it works well both I and the Survivors both have a good match.

I have an idea for a killer to get a de-buff while they stand within a 32 metre range of a survivor on the Hook to force killers to move away from the hook and play with at least some degree of skill.

After Hooking a Survivor a Killer gains a De-buff giving him 15 seconds to leave the 32 metre range or they start to lose point's in the Devout Emblem where if the Killer stayed there for the full 2mins it would cost the killer more points than he would get even if he killed another survivor and didn't camp at all.

Exception 1 - If the killer is in a chase the de-buff won't be applied it is then the Survivor in questions fault and they need to leave the area or they kill their team mate and idiot's do this on a regular basis already.

Exception 2 - The killer won't have the de-buff applied if all the Generators are done because this is the only time camping actually makes sense since the Killer can't do anything else.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:
    Camping should be stopped it is unskilled and not an enjoyable gaming experience for the Survivor in question and if killers leave the Hook and apply more map pressure they will do much better too. Infinite Loops were reduced compared to how bad they used to be and they were just as bad as killers who camp.

Being forced to hang on a Hook for 2 whole mins isn't fun at all for either the Survivor or the Killer it is a boring thing that needs to fixed sooner rather than later.

"They will do much better without camping" is a sad and pretty bad excuse to add a debuff to camping.
    Camping is a strategy, and yes, it sucks for the camped. ######### happens when you get caught by the killer.

Being forced to leave the hook isn't fun either for the killer, especially since survivors can recover very quickly from a killer that is easy to predict.
    Sure, it gives more chances to the survivors, but do they really need more chances or to be able to cast away the killer if they want to ?
    No.

• Spectre_UK
    Spectre_UK Member Posts: 111
    Options

Doesn't change the fact camping is a poor aspect of the game and a bad way to play killer they punished Survivors for Hook farming and I think this should be placed in the same mind set as that killer are supposed to patrol gens and chase survivors not sit by a hook and play jenga

• Spectre_UK
    Options

Against lower ranked Survivors camping may work when you start to approach Ranks 10 or 9 a lot of Survivors will punish the Killer if they camp if it say takes you 2 gens to catch the first Survivor then you camp if the others do gens and open the exits unless they come back and you get lucky you will be de-pipping

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:
    Doesn't change the fact camping is a poor aspect of the game and a bad way to play killer they punished Survivors for Hook farming and I think this should be placed in the same mind set as that killer are supposed to patrol gens and chase survivors not sit by a hook and play jenga

Oh so looping isn't a bad aspect? What about gen rushing? What about the perk exploits that are OP as hell? I'm guessing you're a rank 20 killer that mainly plays survivor. Judging how you're trying to make a strategy into a problem when there are far more pressing matters at hand that are wrong with the game.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

You want to punish killers because you don't like the way they kill you? Sorry but the devs have been very clear on camping. It is a legit method of play and if a killer decides thats how he wants to go about killing his victims then that is how it is going to be. If he wants to park his ass with 5 gens left and watch you die he has every right to do so. The only way you can stop camping as a general tactic is to give killers a good enough reason to leave the hook. BBQ does a good job in many respects by showing other potential targets plus a tempting treat of bonus bloodpoints and killers have gotten other perks that provide incentive to leave aswell. Devour hope, make your choice, etc. Giving a killer a good enough reason to leave is how you go about reducing incidences of camping not punishing them outright because the way they are killing is somehow the wrong way to kill because survivors say so.

• Spectre_UK
    edited June 2018
    Options

I am a Rank 7 killer to be honest looping is a bad aspect but not as bad as camping, Gen rushing only happens if you don't apply map pressure now I do agree the gens can still be done pretty fast but a camper can hardly complain about the gens being done too fast if he sits at a hook for 2mins and applies zero map pressure even average Survivors can get the gens done in that time. And if you mean DS I hate that perk with a passion it should be removed from the game.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:
    Against lower ranked Survivors camping may work when you start to approach Ranks 10 or 9 a lot of Survivors will punish the Killer if they camp if it say takes you 2 gens to catch the first Survivor then you camp if the others do gens and open the exits unless they come back and you get lucky you will be de-pipping

Outright face camping is generally a bad strat at high ranks unless you get a team of exceptionally stupid, overly altruistic people but your whole suggestion hinges on the fact that a killer will give a ######### about rank and points enough to not camp. If a killer is going into a trial with the explicit intent to face camp they dont care about ranking up or getting points they are looking to ruin the game for the survivors and there is not a single thing that could be implemented short of a total rework of the game to stop that. As a matter of fact depipping is actually a good thing to many killers because it means you are not as likely to face cancerous SWF death squads every match.

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:
    I am a Rank 7 killer to be honest looping is a bad aspect but not as bad as camping, Gen rushing only happens if you don't apply map pressure now I do agree the gens can still be done pretty fast but a camper can hardly complain about the gens being done too fast if he sits at a hook for 2mins and applies zero map pressure even average Survivors can get the gens done in that time. And if you mean DS I hate that perk with a passion it should be removed from the game.

Have you heard of Marths depip squad? I think they would like to have some words with you about "gen rush only happens if you don't apply map pressure"

• Spectre_UK
    Options

I have seen Marth yes and that is a SWF group at it's most powerful

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

"Killers are supposed to patrol gens"
    No they're not.
    Killers are supposed to play the game how they want to play it, usually to kill survivors the way they want to kill them. And camping is usually a good tactic to do so.

If you're looking for people to blame, blame these people :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K--D3iD3Gk&feature=youtu.be

They just do not care about dying and just give free kills and pips to obvious campers because they do not care.

If people actually repaired instead of feeding campers, most campers would be low ranks and wouldn't rank up, since even with 3k, it's usually hard to even single pip if you camp.
    If you actually encounter a lot of camping killers, it's because it's an effective and efficient strategy. And survivors are responsible for this, since pure camping is, in theory, not viable.

As a matter of fact, at high ranks, I have trouble getting 15 meters away from the hooks without someone being already unhooking. Blame the greed, the stupidity, or whatever you want, but not people earning easy win because they figured out that not moving is actually an easy way to win against stupids.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

This is my opinion:

Camping is fine, it is not a problem that needs tackling, nor a problem to begin with.

With that being said, I think Lore wise, The Entity frowns upon it. It would be displeased to know you are watching one be consumed (I think the Entity if it could speak would say "Go Kill the Rest, this ones mine now" when a Killer has hooked someone) and allowing others to be doing generators and countlessly escape. It would want you to go and kill them as much as possible.

Because, the original intention of this game was that it was NOT a team-based game. It was subjective to the thought that not everybody was going to be saved every time or atleast attempted to. Causing the Killer to not have the need to camp every single time (there's people who rely on that strat) and go to sacrifice more of your prey.

Read Benedict's Journal; It even states in the lore that some are brave enough to help others, though not everybody is. Basically indicating that there isn't a single camping killer embracing and watching the sacrifice of the individual.

This is lore wise only, mechanically and realistically when it comes to the video game nature, camping is just a strategy. You failed to escape the chase, that's on you man.

• Violator
    Violator Member Posts: 17
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:
    I love the game and I play both sides and it makes me sad when some killers have to camp to try and do well and I don't mean when the gens are all done because as killers we can't do much else at that point but while there is even 1 gen still to do Killers should be hunting for Survivors that's what I do and it works well both I and the Survivors both have a good match.

I have an idea for a killer to get a de-buff while they stand within a 32 metre range of a survivor on the Hook to force killers to move away from the hook and play with at least some degree of skill.

After Hooking a Survivor a Killer gains a De-buff giving him 15 seconds to leave the 32 metre range or they start to lose point's in the Devout Emblem where if the Killer stayed there for the full 2mins it would cost the killer more points than he would get even if he killed another survivor and didn't camp at all.

Exception 1 - If the killer is in a chase the de-buff won't be applied it is then the Survivor in questions fault and they need to leave the area or they kill their team mate and idiot's do this on a regular basis already.

Exception 2 - The killer won't have the de-buff applied if all the Generators are done because this is the only time camping actually makes sense since the Killer can't do anything else.

The game is too extreme on almost every scenario. there are scenarios where its too survivor sided. And there are scenarios where its too killer sided. There needs to be a middle ground and the devs wouldnt know what that looked like if it slapped em in the face.

MY SOLUTION:

1.AN ENTITY FIELD

a field that gets summoned when you hook a surivivor. the entity is literally trying to consume you. adds debuffs to surivivors the longer they remain on the hook(OR OTHER MECHANICS. IT OPENS UP SO MUCH POSSIBILITIES FOR META GAME)

Killers get forced out while the entity field is active. {maybe the field grows over time} (you can make exceptions to this as needed.) Survivors can enter entity field but may or may not receive debuffs or some sort of damage (modify as needed)

1. Make the game LONGER. Slow Generator progression! Gen rush is INSANE. if the game is longer and the killer cant camp then they will WANT TO HUNT SURVIVORS. might as well try to pip and get BP.

thats the problem with this game. its that there is no middle ground. This game shouldnt be OP or under powered. It should be more comprehensive. STOP BEING LAZY DEVS. We have PTB capabilities. There should be different iterations of ideas every month! but NOO!!!! they are too busy making new content. balance your game people might actually want to invest in your game. I know I am not spending a single dime anymore until stuff gets fixed

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options

Most killers I see camping only do it because of toxic survivors 
    flashlights, looping, DS, POV abuse, etc etc 
    surviving isn’t hard and unless your being camped by billy or leather face good survivors working together can get out of the situation
  • Schulz_The_Ugly
    Schulz_The_Ugly Member Posts: 61
    Options

I want to adress that camping has is only penalties already! A killer camps hard the frist hooked? Do gens, and he prob will not get even a secoundk kill...

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Here is a quote from a old pal that quited the game a very long time ago since I don't feel like writing an essay my self when it as been repetead over and over.

QUOTE Camping was intended from the start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04

The devs themselves showing you how to camp and how well it pays off: http://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135512931366729940/

The devs then tried to change their game to appease camping-haters:
    Stream#20 34:00-38:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilzAA1LqJM
    Stream#21 17:30-20:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oRfaMJuCPU

As you've now seen, the devs tried to punish killers for camping, but survivors just abused it. So now the devs seem to be at a point where they're fed up with hearing about camping:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135513549098969802/

Here's the Community Manager from the last video (Stream#46, lady on the left), telling us in the forums why camping is allowed:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135514766278072277/?tscn=1492532427

The only reason survivors keep telling the devs to do something about camping is because they want their own camping to pay off. I'm talking about survivors camping the hook until the killer goes away. You want to be the hero? This isn't the game for you.
    Survivors already have a way to punish camping and it's called "doing gens." I do this all the time against a camping killer, meanwhile, my teammates keep giving them a reason to camp. You think doing gens is boring? Well, camping with no reason is boring, and if you did your boring part as survivor, killers' camping wouldn't pay off and they would come after you while you do your gen.
    With new killers, there will always be camping, because they need to learn what does and does not pay off. So, stop telling the devs to fix camping when it's YOUR responsibility. Stop cussing and demeaning campers because you're the one that's not willing to learn. END OF QUOTE

Also if they didn't want people to camp insidious wouldn't exist, the wraith wouldn't become fully invisible when not moving and leatherface would use his chainsaw diferently since the only moment where any semi competent survivor would be grouped is during a hook rescue.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

This is also proof camping was intended from the start and is working 100% as intended from day 1 , Video is good for the moron OP who's trying to claim Camping is not good nor intended for the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04

• AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:

Camping won't get punished anyway as the devs themselves swore against ever doing so since survivors abused a ptb camping punishment as shown in teh videos posted above mine, Get over it and enjoy the game.
    Stop it, get some help.

• DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Feedback from a brand new player - Killer only so far: I don't feel I can take 10 steps from someone I just hooked. I'm constantly followed by survivors, body blocked at hooks, and almost always camp because most of the time it's a 2 for 1 deal. Much if the time it seems I'm having to hook 1 survivor as a distraction so I can hook 2nd to get the camping survivor away from the 1st. They get the 2nd one down I get the 1st back up a 2nd time. 

Quite a chore. But I am really enjoying the game.
  • IMA_MAWNSTER
    IMA_MAWNSTER Member Posts: 8
    Options

WELL...
    what about having a blindness effect or even a slow effect.
    if once they hook someone after being in the radius of the survivor for 20 seconds they would get a 10% blindness or slowness and the longer he stays the more it would increase, up to like 30% or something.

unless ofcourse the killer was in a chase or the gens are all complete.

or even making it a perk! it wouldn't break the game for killers or survivors cause you could choose to have it and lose a perk slot for it.

• AlexAnarchy
    Options

@IMA_MAWNSTER said:
    WELL...
    what about having a blindness effect or even a slow effect.
    if once they hook someone after being in the radius of the survivor for 20 seconds they would get a 10% blindness or slowness and the longer he stays the more it would increase, up to like 30% or something.

unless ofcourse the killer was in a chase or the gens are all complete.

or even making it a perk! it wouldn't break the game for killers or survivors cause you could choose to have it and lose a perk slot for it.

see video post above, No reason to punish what's been working 199% as intended from day 1 as well as the fact the devs swore completely to never punish killers for camping.

• Reshaos
    Reshaos Member Posts: 42
    Options

I agree, something really does need to be done about camping. Killer finally caught you and wants you dead despite being your first hook? Ok, then that game should be a guaranteed loss for the killer. If the killer wants to ruin your experience then it should come at a major cost. Nobody likes dying on first hook because the killer is too incompetent to walk further than 10 meters from the hook.

And no, doing generators is not an acceptable means to punish the killer, unless you're in an SWF. Do you killer mains really want more SWF's? Because a group of solo queue survivors aren't going to be able to communicate effectively enough to rush generators to punish the camping. Everyone will slowly get off their generator after noticing nobody rescuing the guy on the hook thinking that everyone is staying on generators. That's time wasted and everyone will end up wasting that time, so by the time the guy dies on the hook there will be one maybe two generators left which is enough time for the killer to catch another survivor to camp. That's not really punishing the killer for using a tactic that literally no survivor deems as fair. Not to mention that nobody is able to make saves, nor interact with the killer for chase points if they are forced to only repair generators, so that means everyone at best safety pips. All because of the camping tactic.

Oh, I forgot. We cannot talk about how survivors feel, only killers and how it makes them feel.

This forum is as bad as reddit with killer bias. Don't you dare ruin the killers experience, but survivor? Let them spawn on the hook, remove all windows and pallets, straight line jukes only, etc. Anything and everything that allows every killer to 4k every game. Killers are meant to kill, survivors are meant to...die?

So what's the solution killer mains? SWF so we can all voice communicate to push those killers back to rank 20 like you think will happen? Faster generators so even solo queue players can punish campers, I am sure you will all love that lol.

Bring on the "survivor whining", "survivors already overpowered", "oh so survivors want free unhooks?" regurgitated comments. When in reality this is really camping killers just wanting a free kill. I'm cool with you having the free kill so long as it costs the game. Go for it buddy.

Everyone in this game deserves to have a good experience, survivor and killer, not just killer. And yes, I have been looped around all map as killer, finally catching that survivor, then camping him when all generators are done. However, I did that very well knowing I was completely throwing the game. And I was ok with that because that makes complete sense to me. I spent my entire time focused on one survivor, that should not be a pip.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

@Spectre_UK said:
    Camping should be stopped it is unskilled and not an enjoyable gaming experience for the Survivor in question and if killers leave the Hook and apply more map pressure they will do much better too. Infinite Loops were reduced compared to how bad they used to be and they were just as bad as killers who camp.

Being forced to hang on a Hook for 2 whole mins isn't fun at all for either the Survivor or the Killer it is a boring thing that needs to fixed sooner rather than later.

doubt you play killer(at least at high ranks) if you feel this way because when you leave you get looped by the next survivor and the one on the hook gets saved. also why should i give a crap about the survivors gaming experience.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Spectre_UK said:

Oh so looping isn't a bad aspect? What about gen rushing? What about the perk exploits that are OP as hell? I'm guessing you're a rank 20 killer that mainly plays survivor. Judging how you're trying to make a strategy into a problem when there are far more pressing matters at hand that are wrong with the game.

could not agree more with this right here

• AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Reshaos said:
    I agree, something really does need to be done about camping. Killer finally caught you and wants you dead despite being your first hook? Ok, then that game should be a guaranteed loss for the killer. If the killer wants to ruin your experience then it should come at a major cost. Nobody likes dying on first hook because the killer is too incompetent to walk further than 10 meters from the hook.

And no, doing generators is not an acceptable means to punish the killer, unless you're in an SWF. Do you killer mains really want more SWF's? Because a group of solo queue survivors aren't going to be able to communicate effectively enough to rush generators to punish the camping. Everyone will slowly get off their generator after noticing nobody rescuing the guy on the hook thinking that everyone is staying on generators. That's time wasted and everyone will end up wasting that time, so by the time the guy dies on the hook there will be one maybe two generators left which is enough time for the killer to catch another survivor to camp. That's not really punishing the killer for using a tactic that literally no survivor deems as fair. Not to mention that nobody is able to make saves, nor interact with the killer for chase points if they are forced to only repair generators, so that means everyone at best safety pips. All because of the camping tactic.

Oh, I forgot. We cannot talk about how survivors feel, only killers and how it makes them feel.

This forum is as bad as reddit with killer bias. Don't you dare ruin the killers experience, but survivor? Let them spawn on the hook, remove all windows and pallets, straight line jukes only, etc. Anything and everything that allows every killer to 4k every game. Killers are meant to kill, survivors are meant to...die?

So what's the solution killer mains? SWF so we can all voice communicate to push those killers back to rank 20 like you think will happen? Faster generators so even solo queue players can punish campers, I am sure you will all love that lol.

Bring on the "survivor whining", "survivors already overpowered", "oh so survivors want free unhooks?" regurgitated comments. When in reality this is really camping killers just wanting a free kill. I'm cool with you having the free kill so long as it costs the game. Go for it buddy.

Everyone in this game deserves to have a good experience, survivor and killer, not just killer. And yes, I have been looped around all map as killer, finally catching that survivor, then camping him when all generators are done. However, I did that very well knowing I was completely throwing the game. And I was ok with that because that makes complete sense to me. I spent my entire time focused on one survivor, that should not be a pip.

I Think you must be by far one of the Most BS posting survivor mains out there....
    It's almost Stupid at this point....how many more times must people post dev diary 3 to you?
    Gonna do it again since your so determined to continue making a fool out of yourself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04