The true reason for the noed change...

Options

the noed change made it to where (as we all know) all tiers of the perk are exposed status, so you are forced to destroy all totems around the map before all gens are done right? Well would that be a secondary objective, to cleanse the totems to prevent the perk from spawning, slowing gen progress just a little, and not doing this punishes survivors with a noed surprise, this made a secondary objective RIGHT under our noses and almost none of the community said anything about this, devs did what the community asked for, a secondary objective, and we were to blinded by the event to care

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited November 2018
    Options

Totem were always seen as the secondary objective.. It just isn't a very good one to slow people down.

The NOED change had to do with the exposed effect being the primary reason why someone would choose noed. Who ever used the Noed teir 1 or 2 just for the speed boost?

If you aren't going around hitting totems when you play certain killers, for example, Wraith or Freddy... Then the survivors deserved to be NOED'ed at the end.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@TheBean said:
    Totem were always seen as the secondary objective.. It just isn't a very good one to slow people down.

The NOED change had to do with the exposed effect being the primary reason why someone would choose noed. Who ever used the Noed teir 1 or 2 just for the speed boost?

yeah but that pushed people to do totems before activating exits or they will be punished, and I have and I did well with it

• TheBean
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:
    yeah but that pushed people to do totems before activating exits or they will be punished, and I have and I did well with it

The new NOED won't change anything in regards to the masses hitting those totems. When people are talking about secondary objectives they are talking about things like what the flowers did during the event. Totems fell short of their goal in slowing the game down drastically.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Totems have been recognized as a second objective for a long time and changing all noed tiers to exposed only hurts solo queue (again). SWF know when all the totems are broken and can be organized going about it, while if solo there's not even a totem left count on the hud. Unless each solo personally scours the map for evidence of destroyed totems you are never sure of getting them all until it is too late. That's a lot of time for a class of survivors who do not play optimally to begin with.

That and using up time not related to the prime objective of escaping for a perk the killer may or may not have is a suck (excuse me lazy) secondary objective anyway.

The true secondary objective is making hook saves, but that's up to killers if they want to shut that down.

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@TheBean said:

@alivebydeadight said:

The new NOED won't change anything in regards to the masses hitting those totems. When people are talking about secondary objectives they are talking about things like what the flowers did during the event. Totems fell short of their goal in slowing the game down drastically.

Thought people will need to rush totems if they believe the killer has NOED so they wont get one hit, believe me I know, I see players going around doing totems before gens against a trapper

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@darktrix said:
    Totems have been recognized as a second objective for a long time and changing all noed tiers to exposed only hurts solo queue (again). SWF know when all the totems are broken and can be organized going about it, while if solo there's not even a totem left count on the hud. Unless each solo personally scours the map for evidence of destroyed totems you are never sure of getting them all until it is too late. That's a lot of time for a class of survivors who do not play optimally to begin with.

That and using up time not related to the prime objective of escaping for a perk the killer may or may not have is a suck (excuse me lazy) secondary objective anyway.

The true secondary objective is making hook saves, but that's up to killers if they want to shut that down.

well some players hide at exit gates to prevent getting noed blocked if they KNOW for a fact they have noed (and believe me, this happens alot)

• TheBean
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@TheBean said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Thought people will need to rush totems if they believe the killer has NOED so they wont get one hit, believe me I know, I see players going around doing totems before gens against a trapper

Yeah because Trapper is one of those killers you expect to have NOED. People generally don't expect Hillbilly to have it, so generally people aren't running around worried about the dull totems.

The noed change won't make it anymore different then it is now, especially in higher ranks. The only thing that probably changed a bit, was lower ranked players in the scrubs now needing to worry about NOED since it will be easier for newer killers to get the exposed effect from NOED 1.

Also depends what other perks the killer takes in with them. I find if you take RUIN and have NOED, you can bet that you'll never have NOED at the end of the match, since RUIN will trigger all the survivors to hit all the totems. RUIN pretty much says to survivors... "Destroy all my totems.".

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@TheBean said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TheBean said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Yeah because Trapper is one of those killers you expect to have NOED. People generally don't expect Hillbilly to have it, so generally people aren't running around worried about the dull totems.

The noed change won't make it anymore different then it is now, especially in higher ranks. The only thing that probably changed a bit, was lower ranked players in the scrubs now needing to worry about NOED since it will be easier for newer killers to get the exposed effect from NOED 1.

Also depends what other perks the killer takes in with them. I find if you take RUIN and have NOED, you can bet that you'll never have NOED at the end of the match, since RUIN will trigger all the survivors to hit all the totems. RUIN pretty much says to survivors... "Destroy all my totems.".

ok that part I will agree with, but I have seen hillbilly and myers run noed before, wraith is another killer that is expected to run noed

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71
    Options

Did you lose your logic somewhere? How the hell is this change supposed to provide all this when the exposed status has always been there on the 3rd tier, the only actually important. Everything stays how it used to be, there have always been a danger of getting noed to the face.

• darktrix
    Options

Yeah some players go for dull totems, I even do it often. But unless I'm hunting for hexes it doesn't help me escape nor do anything for emblems. It is acceptable risk to just do gens, then look for noed later (if it even exists) as it will be easier to find.

I will even leave dull totems alone when it is near end game in case it becomes hex, so I can check them later, cause I usually have no idea if others got the rest or how many are actually left.

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@TerminalEntropy said:

Did you lose your logic somewhere? How the hell is this change supposed to provide all this when the exposed status has always been there on the 3rd tier, the only actually important. Everything stays how it used to be, there have always been a danger of getting noed to the face.

but 3rd tier noed is less common on killers loadout than it is now

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    I believe its more important to make all perks, killer and survivor, worth using at the lowest tier.
  • alivebydeadight
    Options

@darktrix said:
    Yeah some players go for dull totems, I even do it often. But unless I'm hunting for hexes it doesn't help me escape nor do anything for emblems. It is acceptable risk to just do gens, then look for noed later (if it even exists) as it will be easier to find.

I will even leave dull totems alone when it is near end game in case it becomes hex, so I can check them later, cause I usually have no idea if others got the rest or how many are actually left.

usually I dont take chances, especially with all the stealth killers risking it makes this become very annoying to risk

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132
    Options

Have the survivors start off 5% slower than there normal speed. They retain this debuff until they find (Insert secondary objective) and do it simular to the petal event.

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@Terrortot said:
    I believe its more important to make all perks, killer and survivor, worth using at the lowest tier.

same here, bitter mumurs change did that (somewhat, i still never see people with the perk) and so many more were changed, some still need alittle, tweaking ,but they are the perks that cannot be changed

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

I'd really like to see the number of totems doubled and more hexes that operate under certain conditions. Imagine:

• Hex: Retribution - This hex activates when the second survivor to be hooked is rescued.While this hex remains active, healthy survivors are injured as if struck by the killer when rescuing another player from the hook and their aura is revealed to the killer for for 2/4/6 seconds. Couples well with Sloppy Butcher, and would be hilarious to couple with NOED.
    • Hex: Damnation - This hex activates after three generators have been completed. While this hex is active, killers can smash completed generators to return them to 99%/95%/90% completion. Normal progress degradation on these generators resumes after 60 seconds. Couples well with Bitter Murmur.
    • Hex: Isolation - This hex activates whenever the first survivor is struck by a killer. While this hex is active, survivor states (Healthy/Injured/Broken/Downed/Hooked/Killed/Sacrificed/Escaped) do not appear on the HUD for 2/3/all survivors. Couples well with Hex: The Third Seal.
  • alivebydeadight
    Options

@My_Dude said:
    Have the survivors start off 5% slower than there normal speed. They retain this debuff until they find (Insert secondary objective) and do it simular to the petal event.

hmm, I think we need different objectives around the map than totems, gens, and chest but some of these need some stealth too them

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@Justicar said:
    I'd really like to see the number of totems doubled and more hexes that operate under certain conditions. Imagine:

• Hex: Retribution - This hex activates when the second survivor to be hooked is rescued.While this hex remains active, healthy survivors are injured as if struck by the killer when rescuing another player from the hook and their aura is revealed to the killer for for 2/4/6 seconds. Couples well with Sloppy Butcher, and would be hilarious to couple with NOED.
    • Hex: Damnation - This hex activates after three generators have been completed. While this hex is active, killers can smash completed generators to return them to 99%/95%/90% completion. Normal progress degradation on these generators resumes after 60 seconds. Couples well with Bitter Murmur.
    • Hex: Isolation - This hex activates whenever the first survivor is struck by a killer. While this hex is active, survivor states (Healthy/Injured/Broken/Downed/Hooked/Killed/Sacrificed/Escaped) do not appear on the HUD for 2/3/all survivors. Couples well with Hex: The Third Seal.

oh, these are pretty cool hexes, usually hex:devour nope will have the same effect upon these though, cleansed in 2 seconds

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Options

I'd say it was more of a consistency thing than anything.

They don't want such a huge gap in power between perk levels.

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@ModernFable said:
    I'd say it was more of a consistency thing than anything.

They don't want such a huge gap in power between perk levels.

most perks feel this, some perks it doesnt matter between the levels (like for example...does insidious ring a bell for some perks that level doesnt matter)

• darktrix
    Options

@My_Dude said:

...and when went live is when I stop solo queuing.

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@darktrix said:

@My_Dude said:

...and when went live is when I stop solo queuing.

ouch

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Killers who didn't feel like running noed before sure as hell are not going to do it now. I don't see that perk being any different after the patch. You are just wasting a perk slot on killers who don't need it. Noed on Freddy with no good addons is a useful perk. Billy with noed - a waste of a perk slot.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

@My_Dude said:

I'd prefer it be cumulative. No matter how many hex perks are used by the killer, let there always be five dim hex totems. Survivors receive a 1% speed boost per dim hex that is cleansed, with all five needed in order to get to 100% movement speed for survivors.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Options
    It should really tell you how many totems have been cleansed, like it does with the gens. 
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Although to be fair, noed usually gets cleansed by the other survivors before attempting to rescue the guy that got downed.