The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Less than 40 games, multiple full red rank lobbies

I have played about 30 survivor games, still in bronze rank, mostly playing with friends. Recently I started playing killer on my own. I have less than 40 games in total on killer and have been in multiple full red rank lobbies. I was noticing most of my games had at least 1 red rank, usually mostly gold and silver. Keep in mind, I am still only silver rank 3 right now.

Is this supposed to happen? I am really nowhere near the skill level. Even though I still get 2-3 kills most of my games, I am very often harassed and gen rushed by these 2 or 3 red rank groups. I intentionally avoid tunneling and camping, so that usually leads to lost games, but at least I am having fun. Now, my past 10 games are all Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, 2 brand new parts, 2 flashlights, etc.

WHY ME???

Comments

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

Grades, the visible ranking system, do not account for matchmaking. Unfortunately, however, because they are iridescent it does denote they play a marginally significant amount in the 13th to 13th cycle.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Grades aren't used for matchmaking. It just represents playtime for the month.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

It's end of the season. A lot of people are iri 1 already

• Well the game technically has skill based MMR to match players with so you're probably doing very well. Even if you dont think you are.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Hi.

Boy, do I feel your pain.

It's rough as killer right now.

That said, a few things to keep in mind.

• Your 'new' killers start off at a middling MMR. It'll take a while to find the right 'spot' (took me about 50 games, to be honest).
    • There is something squiffy with MMR right now. Either there are a lot of high-tier players smurfing their MMR down in premades, or it's buggy. Maybe 1 in every 10 games will slam me up against a group of 1000+ hour players, and I'll get skunked.
    • MMR is not connected to grades. It's completely hidden.

Playing killer is a lot harder than playing survivor, especially initially. You'll need to pick up some specific perks asap, and it'll take you 100+ hours to really get a feel for it.

Good luck, and hang in there.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It is because you are killing them. Believe it or not, that IS your skill level. The average survivor is just that bad.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Why did they make it so you can see your grade when in the final MMR test on the PTB they disabled it? Would really help with all the people thinking they faced a God player because they faced a guy who played 40 hours in a month and grinded to red. Not a day goes by that I don't see multiple people confused about the grades and thinking they measure skill. Would be better if people couldn't see others grades since they are pointless anyway.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Or they red grades are bad but spam games like madman. Or anything in between both extremes.

No idea whichever might be the case.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

To hide hickups/screw ups from their system. They are simply afraid of backlash from the community like it was with ranks. Close to every day one or multiple new threads about broken matchmaking. Also with this they can change matchmaking parameters in case of unruly queue times without any graspable evidence.

Of course this is all tin-foil-hat talk but i wouldn't be surprised if it was the truth as it is logical from a cowards point of view.