The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Boil Over Change

2»

Comments

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    SasukeKun said:

@Malakir said:
    SasukeKun said:

Can we please buff this to maybe idk something that sounds like this..

Boil Over: Your will to survive is strong and true that gives you energy like a stallion, your struggle effects on the Killer are increased by *50/75/100%.

You obscure The Killer's ability to use hooks that are within 6/8/14 meters when picking up a survivor.

This gives a nice battle to Iron grasp and gives the survivor a good chance to use DS when not the obsession and also brings more viability to Kate's Loadout

No
    Especially the "obscure the killer ability to USE hooks" are you insane or just used a bad way to phrase it?

"This gives a nice battle to Iron grasp and gives the survivor a good chance to use DS when not the obsession and also brings more viability to Kate's Loadout"
    Also this, why be concerned about DS on nonobsession when per se its a PROBLEM?
    Just look around and you will see how people isn't that happy to be dsed by a non obsession. Lets not make it worse

The only change I would make is the description, its really deceiving. It really is, also there are other perks that deserve more love than boil over. This one is the last of the list

You sound mad about DS. IT's a perk for surv just like BBQ. I just deal with it and it should be more balanced out.

And I think your idea is stupid and you are just a mad survivor main that want to have more free escape

See? Its easy just say that and walk away. It just make you look stupid
  • SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

@Malakir said:
    SasukeKun said:

@Malakir said:

SasukeKun said:

Boil Over: Your will to survive is strong and true that gives you energy like a stallion, your struggle effects on the Killer are increased by *50/75/100%.

You obscure The Killer's ability to use hooks that are within 6/8/14 meters when picking up a survivor.

This gives a nice battle to Iron grasp and gives the survivor a good chance to use DS when not the obsession and also brings more viability to Kate's Loadout

No

Especially the "obscure the killer ability to USE hooks" are you insane or just used a bad way to phrase it?

"This gives a nice battle to Iron grasp and gives the survivor a good chance to use DS when not the obsession and also brings more viability to Kate's Loadout"

Also this, why be concerned about DS on nonobsession when per se its a PROBLEM?

Just look around and you will see how people isn't that happy to be dsed by a non obsession. Lets not make it worse

The only change I would make is the description, its really deceiving. It really is, also there are other perks that deserve more love than boil over. This one is the last of the list

You sound mad about DS. IT's a perk for surv just like BBQ. I just deal with it and it should be more balanced out.

And I think your idea is stupid and you are just a mad survivor main that want to have more free escape

See? Its easy just say that and walk away. It just make you look stupid

I'm Rank 1 on both sides

• SasukeKun

@alivebydeadight said:
    wait, doesnt the perk currently counter itself

???

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

???

it makes hooks harder to see and makes the killer drift longer, cant that drift you out to the point you can see the hooks again

• SasukeKun

@alivebydeadight said:

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

???

it makes hooks harder to see and makes the killer drift longer, cant that drift you out to the point you can see the hooks again

Yeah and if you have eyeballs you don't rely on the Aura of the hooks

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Mister_xD said:
    only when you buff iron grasps stats to 50/75/100% decreased struggle effects too.
    iron grasp is ment to be the direct counterplay to boil over, so i dont see why the survivors perk should be superious to its direct counter from the killer side.
    if one of these two perks has to be stronger, it should be the killers perk, not the survivors.

Iron Grasp is mostly used as a baddie killer perk. I mean who really runs either frequently enough to have one counter the other. Running Iron Grasp as a killer all the time just means you're pretty terrible at getting people to hooks to begin with. I've had plenty of rank 3 boil over that I still make it to hooks just fine if not every one.

• purebalance

@SasukeKun said:

@Eight said:

@SasukeKun said:
    Why would you have to buff and nerf different things? This is only about Boil Over

Because if all of the situational or training wheels perks are actually made super useful, you have balance issues. Not all perks can be great.

But assuming, for a second, that Boil Over is the only perk left in the game that people want buffing...
    Noone wants to just wiggle longer, they want to escape. Boil Over is deceptively dangerous - it could easily become a Decisive Strike 2 that can be used multiple times per game.

And if you make it good enough, killers then need to counter with Iron Grasp/Agitation, you force all killers to use up a perk slot for a basic mechanic (picking someone up and carrying them to a hook), so you've introduced a balancing issue there.

I'm not opposed to buffing it, but it's not necessarily simple to do.

You're not understanding.

The point would be that you have guaranteed wiggle time but there is always another hook. Depends on the situation. You don't have to BUFF killer to coincide

Buffing a perk to where it becomes something people want to use means it's competing with exhaustion perks, DS, SC, etc which a lot of those people already consider OP. Giving survivors yet another perk to add to the must haves is definitely grounds to buff a killer perk, although I wouldn't say Iron Grasp would be the one to get buffed.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    edited November 2018

I think Boil Over would be in a decent place if they simply buffed the range to 32m/48m/infinite and the sway to 50/75/100%.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Justicar said:
    I think Boil Over would be in a decent place if they simply buffed the range to 32m/48m/infinite and the sway to 50/75/100%.

NO.
    are you insane? xD

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Mister_xD said:

@Justicar said:

NO.
    are you insane? xD

As someone who used Boil Over in my build for weeks, no. The sway is a complete non-factor to any non-killer, and the hook obscure is currently useless 99% of the time. Increasing the hook aura obscuring would at least be mildly useful against new killers, while experienced killers will continue to just roll their eyes and throw you on a hook the way they already do currently against Boil Over survivors.

• SasukeKun

@Justicar said:

that's a bit overkill, Mine just guarantees to not get hooked to the closest one

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

@SasukeKun said:

I dont think that this perk needs higher %. Its just needs a better range. Instead of 14 maybe 22 meters. Cause really that has no effect. The rest is fine imo.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

???

yeah so I just stopped using it, it was only good on the game too

• SasukeKun

@alivebydeadight said:

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

???

Which is why i suggest it obscures something useful

• SasukeKun

@alivebydeadight said:

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@SasukeKun said:

@alivebydeadight said:

???

exactly why it needs a damn buff

• Koriandr
    Koriandr Member Posts: 16
    Imagine if it inverted the killers movement.....wait no
  • SasukeKun

@Koriandr said:

Killers movement?

• purebalance

@SasukeKun said:

@Koriandr said:

Killers movement?

As in the killers controls were backwards. Forward was backward and vice versa and left was right and vice versa.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    Thanks to the map changes with hook spawns. Boil over will forever be useless unless they buff it to OP status. Which we know won't happen.

They might as well rework the perk into something completely different. 
  • SasukeKun

@Oblitiry said:
    Thanks to the map changes with hook spawns. Boil over will forever be useless unless they buff it to OP status. Which we know won't happen.

They might as well rework the perk into something completely different. 

TBh yeah, the idea feels like it was randomly picked out of a hate, TO THE BIN PLS

• SasukeKun

i still want justice for this perk lol

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I think instead of obscuring hooks it should have an inverse affect to IG, so it makes the wiggle bar a bit faster.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Over boiled soup from morning does not agree with your stomach. Every 1/2/3 seconds, you need to hold down the action button for 30 seconds to squat and release the bad soup.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I'm thinking of ways that this will be highly abused actually.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Hey wait a second . . .

Boil Over:

You are a battler and do everything to escape a foe's grasp.

Your struggling effects on the Killer are increased by 25/50/75 %.

You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras  within 10/12/14 metres.

Flip Flop:

Allows you to gain wiggle progress while recovering on the ground, up to 50%.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah this is my first thought as well. Even without doing anything to buff Boil Over it's already looking terrifying when combined with Flip Flop.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,121

Honestly I think 1 of 2 things should be done:

1) Keep it's current stats, but add an 8% wiggle

or

2) The wiggle effects go up to 50/75/100% and the auras of hooks are blocked by 14/28/42 meters.

I personally prefer the second one because killers will have to actually look to see where hooks are and be more visually aware of where things are, and it isn't just a boring "wiggle faster" perk.

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

As Killer, ive always found Boil Over as useless.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Sasuke nice necro of your own thread from 6 months ago. Boil Over will not be changing. It was designed to negate Iron Grasp, which is what it does. Anything more would make it OP. If you want more, wait until April 2, get the new perk from Ash, and stack them together.