The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Easy way to stop hard face-camping

The killer should gain a stacking de-buff when standing within, lets say, a 5 meter range of a hooked person that eventually stuns the killer. The debuff would count up slowly and once out of the given range for a certain amount of time it goes back down. This will allow for people to unhook when someone is just face-camping 1 person out of the game. It is a super discouraging play pattern that ruins the experience for 1 person. In a game that uses teamwork to survive, having a killer just stand there knowing that they have lost the game to get 1 kill that allows no interaction is not healthy. It happens in over 50% of my games that I play survivor.

I know it is possible to unhook that person, but usually these people have no-ed so it requires all 3 survivors and good communication, which isnt always available, to get the one unhook which usually just leads to someone else getting hooked and the same thing repeating.

This may also solve the basement camping trapper issues without directly nerfing the trapper.

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I approve this idea

Face camping still works at 5.1 metres, you see.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

This would take less than a day to be abused, especially on smaller/indoor maps. The issue with all these solutions, and trust me there's been hundreds similar to yours, is that anything that can be abused will be abused. From Survivors baiting out DS to 12 seconds of free body blocking with Borrowed Time, defensive tools quickly become offensive ones given the chance and that'll never change. And that's not to complain or blame Survivors for using any and all tools to survive, rather solutions for such issues must keep in mind that their intended use will rarely be just that.

• Whiffycow
    Whiffycow Member Posts: 38

I don't approve of camping because it sucks for the person hooked, but also it's a poor strategy for the killer. It's not too hard to save the person on the hook, even without items or perks, if you're willing to hook swap. While this seems counterproductive, it does allow for a greater amount of the killers time to be wasted. In the most basic camp scenario: I get hooked and my teammates don't have any perks or items to help them, they're not willing to take the hit or swap hooks, and I'm left to die (pretty lame teammates)..... it takes 120 seconds to die from first hook (two phases at 60 seconds each), and 80 seconds to repair a generator without any buffs. My team should be able to complete 3 generators (4 if they double up on one right after their first is done) at the cost of my life. The killer has forfeited all map pressure and end game gen placement, and is essentially starting a 1v3 with 1-2 gens of the surv's choosing, all for one kill.... it's a waste of time for the killer. I recommend, as a surv, you build to combat the camper or build to unhook the surv as safely as possible (borrowed time) after taking advantage of some of the hangtime. AND FFS, will people stop trying to kobe with 4 gens left?

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

The best thing to make facecamping less effective would be to have all gens auras be revealed to all survivors and give them a buff to gen repair speed while someone is being camped

Right now camping is really strong and easy because it takes time to find and do gens, less affective against a 4 man swf but the less coms involved the better face camping is

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

can't they just "re-use" the mechanic from Pyramid Heads power? Whenever you hook someone, its now a quick animation and they get teleported to the furthest hook. It is also a slight buff to Killer as you don't lose so much time hooking anymore. Also removes slugging as a problem. End of face camping!

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I say work for the save.

Introducing moments of garunteed safety to the only threat just sounds like a bad idea. If no one wants to risk the save then accept the sacrifice.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Any detriment to "facecamping" beyond 'Kinship' based on range should be rendered null by the presence of an unhooked survivor near the hook, by about +5m compared to the killer, otherwise survivors could just hook-dive to abuse the system.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

There was a system that paused the hook timer if the killer was within like 5 meters of the hook. Survivors soon learned if they looped the killer near the hook they had unlimited time to make a save.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

No it is perfectly fine as is.